No announcement yet.

Is compressed air abuse still a thing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is compressed air abuse still a thing?

So, we kicked a guy off our site for being clearly high. He had a couple of cans of compressed air, for cleaning computer keyboards, etc. I looked up articles on the net, but all the information is old.

I thought it was the propellant that got them high, and they no longer added that. I'm missing something here, because if it is just air (no chemicals) I don't know how they get high. As a footnote, the so called "bitterant" to discourage huffing doesn't appear to work.

Its not critical to my job to know the physiology, but I'm just always curious / amazed at the stuff human beings put in their bodies to escape their problems.

Got it - one of the sups explained it to me. Still, compressed air isn't cheap - the only advantage is that if you get caught, all you have on you is a legal product with no restrictions (i.e. if you get caught with booze, you can still be cited for open container violation). Just weird, but that's America 2017...

Comment

I am not making this up. It maybe a Massachusetts law but I bought compressed air for my computer at Staples and was asked for my I/D
      Good Lord!
      I was shopping with my 9 year old grand daughter
      WTF is happening??
      http://www.laurel-and-hardy.com/ Greatest Comedy team ever!

Comment

In WA I've actually had my driver's license scanned. Buying cold medicine at the height of the meth epidemic involved showing ID, signing a list, and having the pharmacist hand it to you, even though technically it was an "over the counter" product.

I'm with you, Cope - I get it, but it seems like the good people get punished for the bad apples. Don't even get me started on sharps containers in public restrooms and needle exchange programs - we just molly coddle the criminals and the drug addicts, and wonder why the country is so messed up...

Comment

Lately, around here, the talk is about "dripping".

Comment

Originally posted by Condo Guard View Post
            In WA I've actually had my driver's license scanned. Buying cold medicine at the height of the meth epidemic involved showing ID, signing a list, and having the pharmacist hand it to you, even though technically it was an "over the counter" product.

I'm with you, Cope - I get it, but it seems like the good people get punished for the bad apples. Don't even get me started on sharps containers in public restrooms and needle exchange programs - we just molly coddle the criminals and the drug addicts, and wonder why the country is so messed up...
            NUTS
            The good are punished for the bad
            Now a tax on soda so the $$$ can set aside for programs to fight obesity
            When did common sense go bye-bye?
            You drink a 32 ounce bottle of Pepsi every day, you get fat. Got it?
            &&&
            Show my i/d for Vicks Nyquil Cough Nighttime Relief Cherry Flavor Liquid 8 Fl Oz
            at Wally Mart. and ask the pharmacist his or her permission
            NUTS

Comment

I don't know what you'd call it except "band-aid solutions." Politicians have an overwhelming need to look like they are doing something, and are control freaks. Homelessness, the drug epidemic, etc. need big solutions, and the best these pea brains can come up with is more taxes and regulations on the folks who obey.

In Seattle, "income inequality" is the big phrase of the day, yet every politician keeps raising the sales tax and the "sin taxes," which clearly hit the poor hardest. Everybody by now knows that cigarettes and soda are bad for you - so either ban those things and create a black market, or let people be free to make bad choices.

Politicians never look at the root cause of anything. Want to fight heroin and oxy addiction? Let's put a special tax on all the doctors who passed out pain killers like candy in the early 2000s. Want to fight homelessness? Put a special tax on developers and real estate moguls (ahem, like our President) who push out lower income residents with gentrification.

It will never happen because those people have money and lawyers - so quick, let's tax Big Gulps and regulate cans of keyboard cleaner. "Mission Accomplished," and on to re-election fundraising...

Comment

i responded to young boy about 9 that got run over crossing the interstate(2002ish), after going thru his pockets to id him, i found a sharder(sp)valve core removal tool.

the cop says look across...you see that church, the kid had been inhaling freon from the churches a/c units

Comment

Originally posted by Condo Guard View Post
                  I don't know what you'd call it except "band-aid solutions." Politicians have an overwhelming need to look like they are doing something, and are control freaks. Homelessness, the drug epidemic, etc. need big solutions, and the best these pea brains can come up with is more taxes and regulations on the folks who obey.

In Seattle, "income inequality" is the big phrase of the day, yet every politician keeps raising the sales tax and the "sin taxes," which clearly hit the poor hardest. Everybody by now knows that cigarettes and soda are bad for you - so either ban those things and create a black market, or let people be free to make bad choices.

Politicians never look at the root cause of anything. Want to fight heroin and oxy addiction? Let's put a special tax on all the doctors who passed out pain killers like candy in the early 2000s. Want to fight homelessness? Put a special tax on developers and real estate moguls (ahem, like our President) who push out lower income residents with gentrification.

It will never happen because those people have money and lawyers - so quick, let's tax Big Gulps and regulate cans of keyboard cleaner. "Mission Accomplished," and on to re-election fundraising...
                  I smoked Lucky Strikes in the late 1960's and early 1970's. A pack of Lucky Strikes was 28 cents a pack
                  I quit the day I got out of the Navy Pack of Lucky Strikes in Massachusetts is $10.00 or more in 2017
                  Good % is tax.
                  &&&
                  They are not my friends, but I know of some turning to the black market for cigarettes
                  &&&
                  Condo Guard this is like the lottery. Who drops the most $$$ when Powerball climbs to
                  100/200 million dollars? Not the upper class. Nope. The poor
                  I was in a 7/11 buying bread and milk
                  It was the day Powerball was 300 million dollars
                  The person in front of me bought $50 worth of lottery tickets
                  I know the clerk at the register, and she knows me
                  When the person had left the store who bought the ticket the clerk said to
                  me. "She can't afford these lotto buying. She wasted $50 on milk, and bread
                  money"

Comment

Exactly. When you have an education system ranked 37th in the world and a government packed with lawyers, the chickens will come home to roost, as they are now. The captain's freon anecdote reminded me of another problem - you can spread your stupidity via the internet, and get more idiots to do what you do. And you really have to question what's wrong with the zeitgeist of our society when children are desperate to get high on industrial chemicals.

All this costs the taxpayers more money - for EMTs, emergency room doctors, child welfare workers, etc. Have you heard about caffeine overdoses? I would gladly pay more taxes to have our kids educated enough to figure out on their own that pouring caffeine powder (a teaspoon = 28 cups of coffee) into an energy drink and guzzling it could have consequences. instead they have to learn about political correctness and gender neutrality.

Comment

300x250

Collapse

Mid 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Super Leaderboard

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X