Boston to Phoenix. 120 passengers tossed into your cramped plane,

and one bathroom. God forbid if we ask for a Diet Pepsi. I would

have to remortgage our home to pay for the damn drink

&&&

And you got the nerve to charge us an extra $50 for baggage

BTW: Delta, Southwest, you ain't no goodie two shoes
    Your flights from Providence to Houston are no day at the beach

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2017/0...stigation.html

http://www.laurel-and-hardy.com/ Greatest Comedy team ever!

Originally posted by copelandamuffy View Post
    I am a fence sitter on this

United Airlines you overbooked your steel cattle car? That is your problem,

not one of your customers

&&&

United= My wife, and I have flown your piece of crap airline from

Boston to Phoenix. 120 passengers tossed into your cramped plane,

and one bathroom. God forbid if we ask for a Diet Pepsi. I would

have to remortgage our home to pay for the damn drink

&&&

And you got the nerve to charge us an extra $50 for baggage

BTW: Delta, Southwest, you ain't no goodie two shoes
    Your flights from Providence to Houston are no day at the beach

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2017/0...stigation.html
    IMO your anger is misplaced. Back in the day, airlines charged an arm and a leg, thus only a certain class of people could fly, and airlines could better afford to fly 2/3 full jets.

The concept behind airtravel VS ship, bus, train or wagon train is you get stuffed into Slave Ship/Military cramped conditions for a very short period to get the benefit of both cost and time at expense of tight, but comfortable, accommodations. I notice you didn't complain about the comfort of the seats, which are excellent and design to make it OK for you to sit still and not act like a 7yr old on sugar high.

As Security, you should be well versed in not over eating or drinking if bathroom access is gonna be iffy for the next 8hrs.

For the vast majority of us who earn under $1million a year, things are much better, since most people will take a 1 in 6? chance of getting bumped and delayed a few hours if it means saving 2/3 of airfare. That is airlines operating in a semi-free market. You might look into various time-share private jet operations that claim to be "very affordable".

Since you are in Security you could address the real blight on air travel, the new TSA, etc Soviet retread clearly unConstitutional internal passport regime.

That is a Govt intrusion into private contracts, all based on dubious assumptions. For starters, the BBC found 7 of the 19 hijackers still alive and well, and "attempting to contact the American authorities" who put their hands over their ears and went "bah, bah, bah I can't hear you" really loud. Its quite telling that when a large contingent of first group of suspects turns out to be the wrong guys, the Govt shows no interest in finding out who the right guys might be. Official word from FBI is "we don't know who was on the planes" and security firm isn't releasing the boarding video, and no one is asking them to.

But got any real recommendations for SECURITY that wouldn't require a big hassle like current ineffective TSA, and wouldn't have one of 3300+ Fed Judges ruling it unConstitutional on Muslim grounds? (notice not a single judge ruled the TSA unConstitutional when the Fed Gov suddenly started demanding Govt IDs for interstate travel on a Common Carrier)

RE the Fox News link about them being dragged off "bloodied" IMO we need more of that. They used to say "an armed society is a polite society" but I don't think that applies any longer. You can't have a teenage house party in Oakland without it ending in a shooting. So this "doctor" was not only refusing to deplane but was running around the plane evading not just crew but airport cops. And for some reason the Chinese Community is backing him up as a fellow Chinese or something. Gross disobedience of flight crew needs to be an automatic felony (loss of medical lic for doctor, etc). He should also be required to pay about 2 million to have maintenance make sure no damage to aircraft happened during his shenanigans. Mandatory 30 (not 3) day psych eval hold for anyone disobeying flight crew, as well as mandatory life time ban from any flights, including on any FOREIGN airlines that every want to enter US airspace. Congress is WAY off base on all this.

The best way to get a Polite Society these days is have a massive amount of whup-ass always 2 seconds away.

Some people you could take one look at, and know it would be best to give them a jolt of the old Tazer and tell them "and we got a lot more where that came from all especially for you" even before they start acting out.

If I was suddenly asked to "deplane" and they weren't giving a reason, I figure it could be one of several things: my old ID theft case resurfaced somehow and they think I'm John Dillinger, maybe a gun or drug dog alerted on my luggage, maybe some family tragedy they can't discuss in public, etc. Maybe they needed my seat for "airline personal" that are actually Air Marshals for something they can't tell me about.
    Last edited by Squid; 04-11-2017, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Flying in 25 words or less SUCKS! Bathroom time? Flight to Phoenix from Boston 5-plus hours, and that is just time the plane up in the skies. We flew into Phoenix not long ago and spent considerable time on the tarmac. No weather problems from Boston to Phoenix.
      And bathroom breaks. What you going to tell a pregnant woman? Hold it
      &&&
      Give up my seat? F*CK Off. There is one nonstop plane Boston to Phoenix on a daily basis, and we ain’t taking no puddle jumper. Boston, Detroit, Houston, and finally Phoenix. Screw it
      &&&
      My wife and I fly enough to Phoenix, Houston, Denver, and find no joy
      Wasn’t always like that 40 years ago Boston to Houston flying was nice. Now flying as I have written SUCKS
      &&&
      And this may not be politically correct, but the passenger is Chinese. This is going to get real pretty
      Want to bet United Airlines writes a hefty check to settle
      &&&
      I am a Capitalist and back corporations and big business, but every once big business needs to be slapped down

Comment

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/col...st_plane_wrong

Comment

I knew an airline pilot who flew up until the early 1980s. Yes, flying was not cheap, but on the other hand, we had an actual middle class in this country who could afford it. Pilots and crews were paid good money. There was a certain esprit de corps among the crews, and comfort of the passengers was considered a high priority. (Really.)

What happened was a convergence of factors - rising fuel prices in the '70s (jet fuel was never cheap to begin with),deregulation and more competition in the industry itself, with more regulation in other areas (FAA, TSA).

Overbooking has been an industry standard for ages. You'd think by now with all our computers and AI they could figure out a reasonable probability of how many people will be a no show and book to that precise number. I got bumped off a flight prior to 2001, and I didn't see a dime - i just sat in the airport for 8 hours until I finally threatened to raise my voice so others could hear, and call my lawyer if I didn't get a seat on the next plane. (I guess nowadays I'd just get beat up by the airline staff and tossed over the fence by the port police.)

Oh, and United has sucked for decades - I have no idea why people still fly them, except they probably have corporate discounts, etc. to keep packing them in. In fact, now that I think about it, it was a United flight I got kicked off of.
          Last edited by Condo Guard; 04-11-2017, 06:19 PM.

Comment

"Doctor" is convicted drug-dealer and sexual predator.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/r...st-debate.html

He is also playing this for all its worth, and playing the victim to the hilt.

No reason he should ever have been allowed within 2000 miles of USA in the first place.

I don't get all these people saying "but that doesn't excuse the airline arresting him with force" etc.

No, but his running around an airliner to evade not just flight crew but airport police sure does.

I like how the woman fellow passenger takes his side. Would she rather the cops have all the well behaved passengers deplane and get 'bumped' while the police bring in negotiators to talk him out of the plane?

As a "Doctor" did he think if he faked out a whole squad of flight crew and airport cops with some fancy footwork while running around the cabin they were gonna then change their minds?

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Soul+plane

Obviously, if he were an regular American this wouldn't be in the news, and probably happens 2x a day, every day.

I'm predicting it will come out that he was picked out for deplaning because of extremely creepy behavior of some sort.

Guy is a real drama-momma "just kill me, just kill me, just kill me" etc. He knows he can say that to US cops.

He should have been on No Fly List for both his serious drug dealing AND sexual predator convictions, and of course should have had any US citizenship yanked and been deported.

"China angry". LOL. WTF do you think happens in China (Taiwan or Red...but especially Red since they are taking lead on this) if you refuse to leave an airliner and fight with police when they are summoned? Hint: it would never, never happen in Red China because creeps like this perv drug dealer know how it would play.

It is not United's "fault" or "mistake" that they overbooked. That is how the system is setup and that is why tickets are as cheap as they are. Its also perfectly OK for United to choose to bump someone in favor of their own staff. Think of it as a high demand nightclub. Management has sole say so on who gets in, who stays in, etc, except that airlines give refunds. If United bumped one passenger for another on non-biz or non-operations reason I could MAYBE have an issue.

Why does anyone still fly United? Maybe because they haven't gone out of business like so many others.

Since this guy was busted for trading sex for illegal drugs (as a doctor no less) shouldn't there be a victim waiting in the wings to take some of his hoped for Ghetto Lottery winnings?

Anyone able to get details on sex case?
            Last edited by Squid; 04-12-2017, 04:46 AM.

Comment

This does not dismiss how airlines treat their customers. Overbooking is WRONG! Tuff cookies United if you have one less passenger
              Eat the cost
              &&&

From a friend

I used to fly a lot for business. Now, I absolutely hate it. If they could make passengers sit out on the wing, that's where they'd be.

Flying today is inhuman. I'd take the train any day but many trains do not cross the oceans. (And trains still crash.) I am surprised that we don't have more really bad stuff with airlines these days. (Inflight murders, medical emergencies and deaths, etc.)

Traveling in general, sucks. Remember 300 yrs ago, the coachmen carried muskets because "highway men" often robbed passengers of the their gold and belongings. Or you had to travel on a "toll road" which was muddy and your wagon got stuck. And you still had to cough up gold coins at the toll gate.

Traveling sucks and it always has. I hope I never have to fly again but I will probably be forced to.

Comment

Originally posted by copelandamuffy View Post
                This does not dismiss how airlines treat their customers. Overbooking is WRONG! Tuff cookies United if you have one less passenger
                Eat the cost
                &&&

From a friend

I used to fly a lot for business. Now, I absolutely hate it. If they could make passengers sit out on the wing, that's where they'd be.

Flying today is inhuman. I'd take the train any day but many trains do not cross the oceans. (And trains still crash.) I am surprised that we don't have more really bad stuff with airlines these days. (Inflight murders, medical emergencies and deaths, etc.)

Traveling in general, sucks. Remember 300 yrs ago, the coachmen carried muskets because "highway men" often robbed passengers of the their gold and belongings. Or you had to travel on a "toll road" which was muddy and your wagon got stuck. And you still had to cough up gold coins at the toll gate.

Traveling sucks and it always has. I hope I never have to fly again but I will probably be forced to.
                You say you are a Capitalist but you don't sound like one.

If overbooking wasn't a vital part of today's low fares it would instantly become at least one majors new ad campaign that "We DO NOT overbook".

If it was a real issue in the marketplace, you'd see Consumer and Travel groups rating airlines for excessive overbooking.

If I didn't have a zillion other projects, I'd start an online system to give odds on if your flight will be overbooked, and what the airline will likely be offering to deplane.

Now I'm hearing that United offered $800 and free hotel to any passenger willing to give up their seats before picking 4, 3 of who didn't act out.

There is a "Passenger's Bill of Rights" that covers overbooking. But a Capitalist needs to say "Let the market sort this out, let consumers, not govt, be the force of change"

Buddy of mine claims he got laid after being bumped and comped a hotel. Its the perfect set up. Your both suddenly alone in strange city, with something on common to break the ice, not to mention you can tell each other your travel story (and no one can really check for BS). You don't need to answer to anyone back home, you got a day in strange city to be "on vacation" and do something fun for a change....and the airline just stuffed a few hundred in your wallets!

I'm guessing young hip folks will be more inclined to take cash to be bumped.

PS-now I'm seriously wondering if this isn't a 9/11 style airline stock shorting scheme. Something about that United CEO that bugs me. "Chinese doctor" with drugs for sex, and made $250K playing poker get "randomly" computer selected and throws fit. Red China goes all in to support public tantrum in US airport. United stock drops $800 million in a day.
                Last edited by Squid; 04-12-2017, 02:49 PM.

Comment

The latest news reports say the the flight was full, but NOT overbooked.
                  Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
                  Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Baillie View Post
                    The latest news reports say the the flight was full, but NOT overbooked.
                    Whateves, but what is your take on the legality of all this.

IIRC you came in as "WTF did they do that was wrong?" on the famous Walmart clothesline-takedown (and high-five) of the alleged motor oil heister, because Security had "shopkeeper's priv" and the guy was attempting to bolt from their office, clearing them to use force to detain him.

I'm thinking (somewhere) there must be a law that says "passengers must obey flight personal" (similar to "lawful orders of a police officer") and if you don't they are cleared and recommended to have LEO remove you, and when you refuse then you are trespassing, etc which further greenlights the LEO to use force.

I'm always hearing about planes making pitstops to have disruptive passengers removed and IIRC 'disruptive' often isn't its self criminal, just 'not obeying crew' instruction to behave.

And naturally in a "post 9/11 security environment" when an ESL speaker starts acting out regarding WTF is in charge, LEOs need to error on the side of caution in ganking him immediately, and with enough force to disrupt his game plan (if any).

Comment

According to reports, your contract with the airline when you buy a ticket includes their ability to bump you. You are correct that you must obey the orders of the flight crew - both by statute and common law (i.e. the pilot of an airliner is considered the captain of the ship, etc.).

Squid - as always, the waters are muddy on this one. I am in agreement with you that our society has let itself slip into a bad place of allowing individuals to decide what rules they will follow and when. But the key issue here is response - over the course of the past few years we have had to deal with instances of police and other authorities using excessive force for minor crimes. I don't want to debate it, I'm just saying people are concerned about what they perceive to be abuses of power.

I don't see some of the conspiracy issues here that you see, Squid. I see another example of a conflict in our society we have to resolve - you recommend authorities continue to react forcefully to keep us all in line; I think we have to figure out a way to get people to be more responsible and less impulsive. Hard to do when religion is no longer an influence, and our media (and defense lawyers) constantly reinforce the message, "Do what you want, when you want..."

Comment

Consider his past conviction for EXTORTING SEXUAL FAVORS FROM PATIENTS as a doctor.

Then consider the flight crew that told him he had to deplane were like-wise just lowly American females.

Those are not people he takes orders from, they are people he demands sex from on command....... or else they don't get their prescriptions filled.

Where are all the Sexual Harassment social justice warriors? Stewardesses are historically among the most sexually harassed occupations.

In the USA, if you are on someone else's turf and they summon LEO to remove you and you refuse, expect the LEO to go directly to various 'pain compliance' procedures and if you choose to "tough it out", expect them to do directly to whatever physical force is required to remove you, with officer ( not your ) safety as primary.

Whatever quibble you might have about whether someone has the Right to tell you to leave ends when the LEO shows up and tells you to leave. If you disagree you can sue.

IMO physically fighting with LEO (or Security, or other authorized reps) should instantly forfeit any right to sue for "wrongful ejection".

Last I heard Doctor Pervy was in the hospital saying "everything" is injured. Translation: not a thing wrong with him another jolt from a tazer wouldn't cure.

IMO the minor amount of blood was cause by him intentionally biting his own lip or tongue for the drama. His face don't look at all roughed up.

My rougher buddies have told me "be damn careful what you say to the pigs when they are cuffing and stuffing you, they are real quick to slam dunk a guy into 5150 3+day psych hold".

Stay particularly clear of anything that could be construed as "wanting to hurt yourself" particularly as a overly dramatic reaction to your arrested status.

"just kill me now!, just kill me now!, just kill me now!, just kill me now!, just kill me now!"

They are already calling him "The Chinese Rose Parks".
                        Last edited by Squid; 04-14-2017, 04:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Squid View Post
                          Consider his past conviction for EXTORTING SEXUAL FAVORS FROM PATIENTS as a doctor.

Then consider the flight crew that told him he had to deplane were like-wise just lowly American females.

Those are not people he takes orders from, they are people he demands sex from on command....... or else they don't get their prescriptions filled.

Where are all the Sexual Harassment social justice warriors? Stewardesses are historically among the most sexually harassed occupations.

In the USA, if you are on someone else's turf and they summon LEO to remove you and you refuse, expect the LEO to go directly to various 'pain compliance' procedures and if you choose to "tough it out", expect them to do directly to whatever physical force is required to remove you, with officer ( not your ) safety as primary.

Whatever quibble you might have about whether someone has the Right to tell you to leave ends when the LEO shows up and tells you to leave. If you disagree you can sue.

IMO physically fighting with LEO (or Security, or other authorized reps) should instantly forfeit any right to sue for "wrongful ejection".

Last I heard Doctor Pervy was in the hospital saying "everything" is injured. Translation: not a thing wrong with him another jolt from a tazer wouldn't cure.

IMO the minor amount of blood was cause by him intentionally biting his own lip or tongue for the drama. His face don't look at all roughed up.

My rougher buddies have told me "be damn careful what you say to the pigs when they are cuffing and stuffing you, they are real quick to slam dunk a guy into 5150 3+day psych hold".

Stay particularly clear of anything that could be construed as "wanting to hurt yourself" particularly as a overly dramatic reaction to your arrested status.

"just kill me now!, just kill me now!, just kill me now!, just kill me now!, just kill me now!"

They are already calling him "The Chinese Rose Parks".
                          Here's the thing.

His past has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH WHAT HAPPENED.

Seriously, had the guy not been the 'lucky' lotto winner and was being bumped, he still would have been on his plane and gone about his business. Actually, he'd already paid his price, gave up his license willingly, and was given it back after the proper amount of time under the circumstances that he's only allowed to practice one day a week, which was the reason he was flying home - to work the one day a week he could do his job.

His history, who gives a ****? The situation and the result has nothing to do with his history. This is what happens when people caught in 'viral' situations go viral. All their dirty laundry gets aired, even if its a decade old and already done with. Justice was already done and the man moved on with his life.

It's like saying guy who gets hit by stray gunfire in a drive by is not worthy of pity because his aunt's cousin was a gangbanger in a past life.

As for the rest, I am going to this dissect the bull****, because seriously the blatant disregard for human nature is absolutely abhorrent and blatant racism.

Originally posted by Squid View Post

Police cannot place anyone on a 5150. They can place a transport hold, which ends on transport to ED (which by the way everyone is on during transport anyways while in an ambulance), but they do not have powers to place someone on a 72, which, by the way, is not a 3+day hold. It's always a 72, which can be 'extended' by adding another 72 onto the original once the previous one has expired and pending reevaluation.

Learn the laws and tell your 'rougher buddies' to as well.

And over-dramatic or not, I doubt you would fare much better being forced to say happy birthday to the plane face first and then dragged down a hall, phones in your face, as you know your career is over.

Comment

Gotta agree with Phantom
                            &&&
                            My wife broke down with some bad news this Easter weekend
                            I knew we had to go to Phoenix this summer
                            Buy via United

If you are sitting on your back porch somewhere in Kansas and you hear
                            a jet plane flying over and you see some body flying out of the plane
                            it's just me.United overbooked

Comment

300x250

Collapse

Mid 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Super Leaderboard

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X