securityinfowatch wiki

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• securityinfowatch wiki

would it be good to have a wiki section for this place where everyone can post articles such as lightbars whats legal and illegal in all states, great duty gear etc..... whats your opiions, i can also host it for free, i also own a webhosting company Www.ServerTell.Net tell me and i will add it 2 morrow

that's kind of what this forum already does...
    "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

but it would be alot easier to review and find out information easier.

Comment

You should contact the owners of the site directly.
        Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
        Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

i could just purchase a domain and set it up and it would be great, where everyone can revert to answers they need in the wiki cause i have seen dozens of answers posted here that are excellent but hidden this would be a great tool.

Comment

Dear Central:

1. Purchasing a domain with the words "securityinfowatch" in it will most likely require Cygnus Business Media to send you, and your registrar, a Cease and Desist Order. The term "SecurityInfoWatch" is a trademark or registered trademark of Cygnus Business Media, protected by United States and International Law. Please refer to ICANN rules for domain squatting.

2. If you feel the need to put a wiki up on your own hosting, feel free. Due note that 99% of us use Firefox with Adblock Plus, so any ads you place on the wiki will be worthless.

3. You are a reseller of Host Gator, not a hosting company. I do not consider Tier 3's "hosting companies," only Tier 2 or Tier 1 connections. The fact you have (blocked) ads on your own company's website says a lot.

4. Why, pray tell, are you using PHP on a Windows Server System account? Its broken, check your website.
            Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by Central
              i could just purchase a domain and set it up and it would be great, where everyone can revert to answers they need in the wiki cause i have seen dozens of answers posted here that are excellent but hidden this would be a great tool.
              Great you want to spread the info, but I would be surprised if the owners here would want you to create another site to re-print the info shared on here.

Good on you though! Spread the word...

When I was in training yesterday, I turned the 4 other guys on to the site!

Comment

Originally posted by globalinstincts
                Great you want to spread the info, but I would be surprised if the owners here would want you to create another site to re-print the info shared on here.

Good on you though! Spread the word...

When I was in training yesterday, I turned the 4 other guys on to the site!
                What he could do is create a wiki, load it with the Adsense extension, and then serve up to three ads per page, cashing in on people "going to the Wiki." Considering his company's website has ads on every page, that's not a telling point.

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Hmmm... There is something really wrong with you and your actually trying to make people know you know **** about webhosting and so on... dude you know nothing.

1. ServerTell is a reseller on HostGator for shared hosting purposes and are in the process of selling dedicated servers through ThePlanet.

2. I dont know how you get the impression of ServerTell running on a Windows System when it actually runs on a unix based system

3. what on earth do you mean about blocked ads, there are no ads and never will be, i have dozens of clients on my hosting company, simply do a traceroute and find out.

4. wow, your quoting me on United States law and International Law, wow! you seriously think i would purchase a domain with that kind of name? i purchased <Link deleted - do not spam> for the wiki and their will be no ads :S and i also host a wiki for ThePirateBay and FreeNationFoundation at <This link was shown by FnF/Pirate Bay to be illegitimate via IRC>

LAST AND FINALLY THERE ARE NO ADS ON MY WEBSITE, I PAY $100 a month for reseller hosting which is used for hosting accounts and yes just for shared web hosting and nothing else, we are in the plan of selling dedicated servers.
                  Last edited by N. A. Corbier; 02-06-2007, 08:41 PM. Reason: Removal of Links. DO NOT REPLACE THEM.

Comment

First off, I checked up with FreeNationFoundation on IRC. They will probably be spamming the crap out of your little wiki shortly, because they're pissed that you're using their name and the Pirate Bay logo without their permission. Posting link spam is prohibited.

<Ayanami> Anyway, is this site affiliated with you folks? www.pirate-xxx-bay-xxxagency.com
                    <Shark500> no
                    <Ayanami> Some guy's telling me that he has a wiki for FnF/Pirate Bay.
                    <Trez> Some guys an idiot
                    Second, on every page of the little template that your hosting provider gave you is a box for advertisements.

Third, there are transient aspx errors showing on that template.

Fourth, The reason he's been asking this stuff is the "Police Services" page, he's basically writing our answers down as "what the Pirate Bay/Free Nation Police Force should look like."

Fifth, there is no Fifth. I am done with this.

Comment

1. wow, it's a shame you cant thoroughly investigate as not all users know about it there, how about you talk to some of the ops such as Dpx, luk0r, Democritus and the ops in #fnf-webdev cause they all know about it and also just google the words piratebayagency and see what comes up...

2. also with your remark with my website a friend is making it for me, he used it on his site and he made it from scratch, he moddified mine but there is still plenty of work to be done, i just implemented the new design because main objectives are finished, he just has to add a few more links and remove unrelevant code and it will be ready, there are no ads and down the bottom they are news links and a little higher those are initiatives of ServerTell such as myspeed and so on...

3. Ahh i havnt even heard of this forum when i add and edit and everyone has access to the pirate bay agency wiki, tell me what stuff you think is taken from here and used on there? nothing so dont bs. everyone has access to the wiki hence look at the bottom of each page you will see how many people have visited each page... i also have to say this, how stupid can you get if you think i would just add this **** for that, my god!

4. get your facts right...

Comment

Thin Ice

Hmmm... There is something really wrong with you and your actually trying to make people know you know **** about webhosting and so on... dude you know nothing.......
                        Are you referring to Nathan? I hope not. He is a very well respected member on this forum and knows exactly what he's talking about when it comes to web hosting.
                        Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

well your friend Mr. Security just started flaming and it wouldn't have escalated to this whole flame war now if he had just kept quiet, have nothing good to say than say nothing at all.

Comment

well your friend Mr. Security just started flaming and it wouldn't have escalated to this whole flame war now if he had just kept quiet, have nothing good to say than say nothing at all.
                            One would do well to heed Mr. Security's advice. This entire thread has moved from blatant spam to personal attacks to spam territory again.

Comment

Central, good-bye. You have have taxed our hospitality long enough.
                              Warnock

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X