• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to stop an egg thrower?

Hrweyrtegad
    Last edited by Arrowslinger; 10-12-2007, 11:05 PM. Reason: H

Originally posted by Arrowslinger
    My truck has been egged six times in the last few months, I am sure it is some kid/kids living in the sub standard apartments near by. The bus stop house thing gets it all the time, so I am sure it is the same people or person. Parking in different areas seems to make no difference, they still seem to get to it.

Cops are useless, "well unless you see them, there is not much we can do".

I thought about printing up some official looking documents saying something like the area and parking lots are being recorded. Post them on the bus stop and around the parking lots, anyone have other ideas?
    The kids wouldn't care if you posted those, most likely.
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

A similar thing happened in my town and the cops went to the nearest market and offered the clerk ten bucks to call them the next time teenagers came in and purchased eggs in quantity. The cops sat out side and watched the kids do their thing. Then took them in . You might try that. It will be worth the damage eggs can do to your paint job. Of course wait until they do something then call the police as a witeness to vandalism.
      THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A 911 CALL IS FOUR MINUTES
      THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A .357 MAGNUM ROUND IS 1400 FEET PER SECOND?
      http://www.boondocksaints.com/

Comment

Break out a video camera and REALLY film them...

Then the police will see them do it, and MAYBE act on it.

Side Note; Hey Chucky, the kitty avatar is lookin' good!

Comment

As a deer hunter, I use these on my farm to record deer:

I was thinking why not rig this up to a nearby post, bush or any secluded spot and just record the little twits

Bad thing is the flash from the digital camera would give away the location and they would simply steal the camera. Maybe a way to rig it up inside the truck taking pics from inside the cab?

Another idea is a motion sensor device that would turn on all the lights if someone passes close to the truck?

Comment

I was on a ride along with a buddy of mine with the county. We went to a res burg alarm call. This guy set up his own alarm system, complete with a siren to alert his neigbors, who called it in. He had about 5 of these things all over his shop and property. He had one at the beginning of his driveway to record lic plates and vehicles coming and going. He had others all over his shop, and one was BOLTED to the ceiling of the shop and was set to take a pic w/flash every time it sensed motion after the alarm was trigger. I would venture to say that you could, depending on the model set the flash, as I have seen it done.

It was an awesome set up, he could grab the flash memory cards and throw them on his 'puter and bingo we had huge pics with full details.
            ~Super Ninja Sniper~
            Corbier's Commandos

Nemo me impune lacessit

Grammical and Spelling errors may occur form time to time. Yoov bin worned

Comment

Originally posted by globalinstincts
              Side Note; Hey Chucky, the kitty avatar is lookin' good!
              Thanks man
              The other kitty checked into the Betty Ford clinic for rehab. Dam Crystal Meth did him in again
              THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A 911 CALL IS FOUR MINUTES
              THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A .357 MAGNUM ROUND IS 1400 FEET PER SECOND?
              http://www.boondocksaints.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowslinger
                I thought about printing up some official looking documents saying something like the area and parking lots are being recorded. Post them on the bus stop and around the parking lots, anyone have other ideas?
                That might get some police response...when they come and cite you for posting illegal signs!

Of course, there's always the chance that an egg-thrower will happen by and heave an egg while the cops are at the house writing up your summons, so you might get lucky.
                Last edited by SecTrainer; 02-03-2007, 11:19 AM.
                "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

How to stop an egg thrower?

With bacon, err I mean the police. Sorry. Couldn't control myself.
                  Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X