Beverages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beverages

I was wondering what other people like to drink when off work relaxing.

I prefer a nice cold beer after I get off work. I don't drink much hard alcohol except an occassional martini (very rare though) or sip a shot of GOOD tequila. I also like an occassional black and tan (guiness and bass ale).

As for other drinks just mainly water. Since I live in the desert, water is a must. I don't drink soda pop or other sugar drinks. A must have is a cup of strong coffee in the morning.

My past business partner went to both extremes. He would have a glass of Dom parignon with, of all things, Milwaukee's best beer. I think he was confused on how much money he had.

In Tucson, my favorite drink was known to be beer and Dr. Pepper mixed together. But then that was 16 years ago.
    Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
    Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

I dislike most beers, they have an aftertaste. Corona is good, and some microbrews are good.

I drink lots of root beer, and flavored water solutions, though...
      Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Colas. Since I was diagnost as being diabetic about 3 years ago, diet only. I used to drink a lot of fruit juices but they put my sugar levels too high. I also drink skimmed milk. My father, brother & sister are beer drinkers but I never acquired the taste. I think it was because I started in this business young & worked when most friends were out drinking at night. Same with wine, my wife like it but I rarely drink it. Don't drink coffee either. Never acquired the taste for it either but don't know why not.
        I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
        Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Diet Coke, or the WinnDixie store brand diet cola, prefer it so cold that it's just this side of frozen and when you pour it in the glass it has little ice crystals in it.
          Hospital Security Officer

Comment

I love coffee !!! and I love MILK anykind. After work go home have a tallboy of milk and some double stuffed oreos, thats's something to look forward too.

Comment

On a rare occasion a glass of wine. And it is a small glass at that.
              I never know at 2 o'clock in the morning I have to be called
              into work. I had a call recently when a electronics store
              had problems with their alarms and I got called in to
              baby sit the store all night

I also drink Pepsi. I have family members who work for Pepsi, and
              my Uncle owned a Pepsi bottling plant in the Boston area

In the morning Folger's coffee two cups.
              http://www.laurel-and-hardy.com/ Greatest Comedy team ever!

Comment

Hey

I like dr. pepper. Also drink orange or grape sodas. Enjoy milk as well as a variety of juices. But when when I want to have a real drink...usuall Jack danials or jim beam...and yager...ok can't spell that so sue me lol...mountain lighting was a choice drink when I was young...friends grandad made some that was like kerosene lol it was stout. when it comes to beer I like henniken..know I spelled that wrong or corona. But don't drink a lot...but on occasion I like to have a good strong drink or two

Comment

I enjoy a Molson or Labatt product upon occasion. Rolling Rock & Sam Adams when in the States. Switched from diet coke to diet pepsi a few years back when coke increased the price and lowered the content amount. Pepsi followed suit a few months later, but I stayed with them.
                  Last edited by Eric; 02-13-2007, 03:21 PM.
                  Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted.
                  Groucho Marx

Comment

I have 6 cases of Diet Coke on the floor with a 12 pack in the re frig at home and a 12 in re frig at work. It's like I am addicted to it. I do like the caffeine boost it gives me. I don't know what it is that is so addictive as the taste is rather bland.

When living in the Clearwater Fl area I loved the Rim salted Margareta's from Chi Chi s And the Long Island ice tea from Penrods.
                    THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A 911 CALL IS FOUR MINUTES
                    THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A .357 MAGNUM ROUND IS 1400 FEET PER SECOND?
                    http://www.boondocksaints.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Chucky
                      I have 6 cases of Diet Coke on the floor with a 12 pack in the re frig at home and a 12 in re frig at work. It's like I am addicted to it. I do like the caffeine boost it gives me. I don't know what it is that is so addictive as the taste is rather bland.

When living in the Clearwater Fl area I loved the Rim salted Margareta's from Chi Chi s And the Long Island ice tea from Penrods.
                      Excellent! I have stock in that company. Keep up the good work.
                      Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Water almost exclusively.

Once a week I allow myself a "frou-frou" coffee drink from Starbucks, usually a Venti White Chocolate Peppermint Mocha.

Very infrequently, I allow myself (usually on Friday or Saturday nights at home), a small tumber with an inch or so of Johnnie Walker's product.

I don't drink socially, don't go to bars (because it's illegal to CCW in a bar here), and don't intend to get "trashed". Not that I'm a teetotaller, but policing a rural native village with alcoholism rates around 90-95% has that effect.

We usually have 3-5 cases (35 bottles each) of Crystal Geyser water in the pantry, it's about all I drink anyhow.

Comment

Originally posted by wilrobnson
                          ... Venti White Chocolate Peppermint Mocha ...
                          We have a new seneso coffee pod system, we got it from a free promotion. It came with a bunch of coffee (20 pods, 10 of regular joe and 10 of "light vanilla" drink.)

So far, I have dumped hot chocolate powder into it as well as poured some horrifying liquer called "Strawberries and Cream" into my coffee. The fact I push a button and it dispenses 4 or 8 ounces of coffee into my mug in 15 seconds is wonderful...

Now, if I can just figure out how to make it give me nice drinks like white chocolate peppermint mocha...
                          Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

[QUOTE=Chucky]It's like I am addicted to it. I do like the caffeine boost it gives me. I don't know what it is that is so addictive as the taste is rather bland.
                            [QUOTE]

You are going to love the headache if you stop drinking for about 3 days.
                            Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted.
                            Groucho Marx

Comment

MT.DEW code red
                              MT. DEW amp
                              Cherry cola pepsi or coke
                              Bookoo Citrus
                              Monster Asualt
                              Vault

And other sodas and energy type drinks.....
                              Its not how we die that counts.....
                              Its not how we lived that counts....
                              all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X