Hobbies/ What do you do when off duty?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GCMC Security
    Negative Ghostrider. First Convention I'll bring you some good stuff.
    Heh. One of these days, NAPSOA or FOPSO or whoever needs to sponsor a convention, and invite all of SIW.
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Lol

This thread just kinda switched to comics and anime rather quick lol. But hey anyone who has seen the new superman movie...how about those security officers in there. That scenario would suck. Big gun against their sidearms.

Comment

Originally posted by james2go30
        This thread just kinda switched to comics and anime rather quick lol. But hey anyone who has seen the new superman movie...how about those security officers in there. That scenario would suck. Big gun against their sidearms.
        First of all knowing what I was up against would never have happend. The bank has insurance for that. Mine however does not cover 7.62 caliber mini-guns.
        My views, opinions and statements are my own. They are not of my company, affiliates or coworkers.

-Being bagger at Publix has more respect these days

-It's just a job kid deal with it

-The industry needs to do one of two things; stop fiddling with the thin line and go forward or go back to that way it was. A flashlight in one hand and your set of keys in the other

Comment

Yea

Originally posted by Echos13
          First of all knowing what I was up against would never have happend. The bank has insurance for that. Mine however does not cover 7.62 caliber mini-guns.
          LOL. Good point.

Comment

As for me, I build plastic model airplanes.

Comment

On page 1 of this thread I mentioned shoting my guns and playing with ham radio. I forgot that I have a handfull of videos from a couple of years ago of me firing my AR-15 rifles and my Ruger P89 9mm pistols at a indoor range in Baton Rouge. The videos are a bit dark but they are short, running from 5 to 30 seconds each. You can see them at-
              http://s105.photobucket.com/albums/m...veatRange4.flv
              http://s105.photobucket.com/albums/m...veatRange3.flv
              http://s105.photobucket.com/albums/m...veatRange2.flv
              http://s105.photobucket.com/albums/m...veatRange5.flv
              and
              http://s105.photobucket.com/albums/m...veatRange6.flv

I also mentioned playing with Ham radio.
              One of the things I tinker with is Amateur Radio Television or ATV. This is sending video signals over the air similar to news crews do. Since I often do public service activites with other hams such as manning check points at bike-a-thons or similar events I try to incorporate my ATV station into the activity.
              A while back I built a couple of webpages discussing my experimenting with my ATV equiptment and actually deploying it to a public service event on the LSU campus.
              Page 1, my testing of my ATV station is at
              http://www.geocities.com/sraacke/atv.html
              Page 2 showing me using the ATV gear at LSU is at
              http://www.geocities.com/sraacke/atv2.html

That's all I have for now. It's time for lunch.

Steve
              Last edited by EMTGuard; 01-26-2008, 02:53 PM. Reason: spelling correction
              Hospital Security Officer

Comment

Here's me when I'm not at work.... At the ripe old age of thirty...
                Attached Files
                Apparently a HUGE cop wannabe...

Comment

And me again at the not so ripe age of 14...
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by sgtnewby; 01-27-2008, 02:32 AM.

Comment

When I have spare time I like to tinker with electronics, computers and our Isuzu Trooper, off road driving is also a rewarding past time (and a good family outing) as is reading a good fictional novel (preferably naval/historical OR Sci-Fi)

DVDs/TV, documentaries, Anime/Manga, gaming OR the internet can be entertaining though there is always chores (and ongoing repairs) around the house & garden to keep us equally busy, sometimes I contemplate that going to work is actually a holiday from my regular daily activities LMAO
                    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give" - Winston Churchill

Comment

Hmmmmmmmmmm a Sunburst ............... nice.

Must have some bloody big moths back over there ?

After his divorce I helped a former colleague and shift commaner move into his new home - out in the middle of nowhere with spring water, power and a kit home he built to be his holiday home, but ended up living there full time. If I visited him for the weekend, he would often crack open a slab (beer) and hook up his amps and guitars whilst Hendrix and Iron Butterfly filled the valley with true music he would play along to. It was his way of winding down on his 4 days off.
                      "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

Originally posted by NRM_Oz View Post
                        Hmmmmmmmmmm a Sunburst ............... nice.

Actually, the Les Paul is "cherryburst." When the pic was taken, one of the dials was missing. It had just fallen off... My newest one (the black one) is a Schecter C-1 XXX (note the pearl inlays on the fret board). I haven't been in a band since high school, so I just play along with CDs. Breaking Benjamin, 3DG, Seether, Godsmack, etc... Newer stuff...

Comment

Originally posted by NRM_Oz View Post

Must have some bloody big moths back over there ?
                          Oh, duh, took me a minute to figure out the moth thing... I started playing guitar during the "grunge revolution" of Nirvana, Pearl Jam, and Green day. Ripped jeans, combat boots, and flanel shirts. I was a geek...

Comment

I like to water ski and wake board. My daughter (8 now, seven at the time learned to wake board this year). She has been water skiing for 3 years.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X