X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by davis002
    I'm curious if anyone here has played the PC Game "Swat 4"?
    I'm curious if anyone (other than Davis) has the legal version...

Leave a comment:

• davis002
    replied
    I'm curious if anyone here has played the PC Game "Swat 4"?

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Originally posted by HotelSecurity
    CB used to require a license here too. Back when they were 23 channels. I have the CB frequencies in my scanner too & have never heard anything.
    Channel 19 has activity in this area, mostly truckers.

Leave a comment:

• HotelSecurity
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. Security
    The license here is just paperwork and a fee for government income. CB radios required a license too until everyone had to have one. The silly thing about the license is that most people don't bother to get one. They know that the FCC is not capable of enforcing the law effectively.
    CB used to require a license here too. Back when they were 23 channels. I have the CB frequencies in my scanner too & have never heard anything.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Originally posted by HotelSecurity
    Canadians do not need licenses to operate GRMS radios.

I have the frequencies in my scanner but I only hear sales staff in retail stores using the frequencies. Reminds me when the Chicken Band radios first came out, ambulance companies were using them until the yahoos took over! I used them working Campus Patrol at the college I was attending. This was when the protable CB radios didn't have rubber duckie antennas. We had the 4 foot metal ones, we had to duck to get through doorways!
    The license here is just paperwork and a fee for government income. CB radios required a license too until everyone had to have one. The silly thing about the license is that most people don't bother to get one. They know that the FCC is not capable of enforcing the law effectively.

Leave a comment:

• HotelSecurity
    replied
    Canadians do not need licenses to operate GRMS radios.

I have the frequencies in my scanner but I only hear sales staff in retail stores using the frequencies. Reminds me when the Chicken Band radios first came out, ambulance companies were using them until the yahoos took over! I used them working Campus Patrol at the college I was attending. This was when the protable CB radios didn't have rubber duckie antennas. We had the 4 foot metal ones, we had to duck to get through doorways!

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Originally posted by EMTGuard
    Bubble pack or "real" GMRS Radios? You licensed for GMRS? Post or read the forums at Popular Wireless.com?
    Steve,
    GMRS- WQBY447
    I'm licensed for GMRS and it's the real deal. I also have a Restricted Radio-Telephone Permit from the FCC. No forum activity though. I'm somewhat disappointed with the range on the GMRS. Too many obstacles in this area.

Leave a comment:

• EMTGuard
    replied
    ... GMRS 2-way radios.
    Bubble pack or "real" GMRS Radios? You licensed for GMRS? Post or read the forums at Popular Wireless.com?
    Steve,
    GMRS- WQBY447

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Originally posted by Rooney
    I fly a couple of aircraft. Stits playboy experimental, Cessna 152,172, piper 140 and cherokee 6/300.
    The playboy, 140, and 152 for sightseeing and playing around. The 172 and cherokee 6 for work and vacations.
    I earned my Private license in a Cherokee 140. I know the Cessna is great for sightseeing because the wing isn't in the way, but I prefer the low wing since it's easier to clear the air when doing steep turns, lazy eights, etc. I've flown the Arrow, but not the Six. I hear it's a great airplane for hauling people.

Leave a comment:

• Rooney
    replied
    What do you fly?
    I fly a couple of aircraft. Stits playboy experimental, Cessna 152,172, piper 140 and cherokee 6/300.
    The playboy, 140, and 152 for sightseeing and playing around. The 172 and cherokee 6 for work and vacations.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Originally posted by Rooney
    I enjoy flying whenever I can. I also like going out into the desert and target practicing. Skydiving as well, but, haven't done it now in over a year. Pretty much anything that gets me outdoors and out of the office.
    What do you fly?

Leave a comment:

• ACP01
    replied
    Let's see...
    Woodworking in my basement shop, hunting, fishing, plinking/shooting, a few PC games, hanging out with the family, astronomy, HAM radio (KC8TMB),
    FRS/GMRS, just now trying to get into GeoCaching, books, web surfing and anything else I find interesting.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Flying a Piper Warrior and Stearman. RC Planes too. Include Microsoft Flight Simulator, Scanner, GMRS 2-way radios.

Leave a comment:

• Mall Director
    replied
    My after work hobby...

When I am not at work, which is rare...

I belong to a Probe Car club, and own a few of them.. Autocross racing with this one, and car shows!

Go figure.. Something not security related!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Self explanatory

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X