Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hobbies/ What do you do when off duty?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    oh yea

    left out sealab 2021 and full metal alchemist...like those too.

    Comment


    • #47
      Echos: Have you tried watching original Robotech? I can't. Voice acting gets on my nerves. I want to cause physical harm to some of the actors. Also, you should find a way to get a hold of Macross Zero, all five episodes, off the internet. It is not licensed for distribution in America, unfortunately.

      Rooney: James summed it up. They show weird shows at night.

      James: I own nearly all of Shirow's works. 1st and 2nd GIG, GITS 2, GITS 1, and Solid State Society. (Ssh, that's not out in America yet...) Appleseed, Dominion Tank Police, etc.

      I have threatened to burn people's brain by suggesting they watch Evangelion, Lain, and Saikano in order, all the way through, without stopping.
      Some Kind of Commando Leader

      "Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

      Comment


      • #48
        Off duty I am on-line 90% of the time, the other 10% is trying to get out of the dog house with my girlfriend because I am on-line 90% time.
        SGT. WARD

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by ocp
          Off duty I am on-line 90% of the time, the other 10% is trying to get out of the dog house with my girlfriend because I am on-line 90% time.
          Get a good PDA with packet cellular, it'll take care of the other 10% till cyberbrain implants are a reality.
          Some Kind of Commando Leader

          "Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

          Comment


          • #50
            Yea

            I got appleseed...love it. I do like paranoia agent gonna get that set whenever I find it. Not many good places in Panama City to find quality anime. Just bought Hellsing and I like it pretty well.

            Comment


            • #51
              i watched appleseed the other night at my friends and i like it now lol.
              Robert
              Here endith the lesson

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by Arff312
                i watched appleseed the other night at my friends and i like it now lol.
                I'm told the series was utter trash, but when you get Oshi making a Shirow property, it actually works.

                This thread is now about anime.
                Some Kind of Commando Leader

                "Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

                Comment


                • #53
                  yea

                  I like rurouni kenshin too...but prefer the samurai X movies the series was based on.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    I drink Saki...does that count?
                    Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
                    Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

                    Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      yup

                      Originally posted by Security Consultant
                      I drink Saki...does that count?
                      like saki myself...used to date a Japanese girls years back...used to drink it with her dad...kind of a taste to get used to.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
                        Echos: Have you tried watching original Robotech? I can't. Voice acting gets on my nerves. I want to cause physical harm to some of the actors. Also, you should find a way to get a hold of Macross Zero, all five episodes, off the internet. It is not licensed for distribution in America, unfortunately.

                        Rooney: James summed it up. They show weird shows at night.

                        James: I own nearly all of Shirow's works. 1st and 2nd GIG, GITS 2, GITS 1, and Solid State Society. (Ssh, that's not out in America yet...) Appleseed, Dominion Tank Police, etc.

                        I have threatened to burn people's brain by suggesting they watch Evangelion, Lain, and Saikano in order, all the way through, without stopping.
                        Yea, I can relate to voice acting. From what I see of the previews this is perhaps pretty decent. Funny, I am in the process of trying to get Macross Zero, It's is pretty intense stuff. The dog fights are pretty convencing. But so far the last copy I had ( a very poor one at that ) was in Japanese with french sub titles. I have some anime connections here and there so I may be able to find it. Will let you know.

                        I wish they would show "weird" stuff here at night on TV besides wanna be talk shows newbies and look at my life crap. Oh, yes I don't have cable or Sat yet. Was going to but now I need a new car.
                        My views, opinions and statements are my own. They are not of my company, affiliates or coworkers.

                        -Being bagger at Publix has more respect these days

                        -It's just a job kid deal with it

                        -The industry needs to do one of two things; stop fiddling with the thin line and go forward or go back to that way it was. A flashlight in one hand and your set of keys in the other

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by Echos13
                          Yea, I can relate to voice acting. From what I see of the previews this is perhaps pretty decent. Funny, I am in the process of trying to get Macross Zero, It's is pretty intense stuff. The dog fights are pretty convencing. But so far the last copy I had ( a very poor one at that ) was in Japanese with french sub titles. I have some anime connections here and there so I may be able to find it. Will let you know.

                          I wish they would show "weird" stuff here at night on TV besides wanna be talk shows newbies and look at my life crap. Oh, yes I don't have cable or Sat yet. Was going to but now I need a new car.
                          You have the internet. You don't need cable.
                          www.adultswimfix.com
                          Some Kind of Commando Leader

                          "Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by Security Consultant
                            I drink Saki...does that count?
                            We have a bottle of this horrid death water in the cabinets. Gekkikan or something. I am told that it is one step above store-brand vodka.

                            So horrible. I use it for cooking. That's all.
                            Some Kind of Commando Leader

                            "Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
                              We have a bottle of this horrid death water in the cabinets. Gekkikan or something. I am told that it is one step above store-brand vodka.

                              So horrible. I use it for cooking. That's all.
                              Negative Ghostrider. First Convention I'll bring you some good stuff.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
                                You have the internet. You don't need cable.
                                www.adultswimfix.com

                                Oh, no! LOL!
                                My views, opinions and statements are my own. They are not of my company, affiliates or coworkers.

                                -Being bagger at Publix has more respect these days

                                -It's just a job kid deal with it

                                -The industry needs to do one of two things; stop fiddling with the thin line and go forward or go back to that way it was. A flashlight in one hand and your set of keys in the other

                                Comment

                                Leaderboard

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X