• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by Security Consultant
    I drink Saki...does that count?
    We have a bottle of this horrid death water in the cabinets. Gekkikan or something. I am told that it is one step above store-brand vodka.

So horrible. I use it for cooking. That's all.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by Echos13
    Yea, I can relate to voice acting. From what I see of the previews this is perhaps pretty decent. Funny, I am in the process of trying to get Macross Zero, It's is pretty intense stuff. The dog fights are pretty convencing. But so far the last copy I had ( a very poor one at that ) was in Japanese with french sub titles. I have some anime connections here and there so I may be able to find it. Will let you know.

I wish they would show "weird" stuff here at night on TV besides wanna be talk shows newbies and look at my life crap. Oh, yes I don't have cable or Sat yet. Was going to but now I need a new car.
    You have the internet. You don't need cable.
    www.adultswimfix.com

Leave a comment:

• Echos13
    replied
    Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
    Echos: Have you tried watching original Robotech? I can't. Voice acting gets on my nerves. I want to cause physical harm to some of the actors. Also, you should find a way to get a hold of Macross Zero, all five episodes, off the internet. It is not licensed for distribution in America, unfortunately.

Rooney: James summed it up. They show weird shows at night.

James: I own nearly all of Shirow's works. 1st and 2nd GIG, GITS 2, GITS 1, and Solid State Society. (Ssh, that's not out in America yet...) Appleseed, Dominion Tank Police, etc.

I have threatened to burn people's brain by suggesting they watch Evangelion, Lain, and Saikano in order, all the way through, without stopping.
    Yea, I can relate to voice acting. From what I see of the previews this is perhaps pretty decent. Funny, I am in the process of trying to get Macross Zero, It's is pretty intense stuff. The dog fights are pretty convencing. But so far the last copy I had ( a very poor one at that ) was in Japanese with french sub titles. I have some anime connections here and there so I may be able to find it. Will let you know.

I wish they would show "weird" stuff here at night on TV besides wanna be talk shows newbies and look at my life crap. Oh, yes I don't have cable or Sat yet. Was going to but now I need a new car.

Leave a comment:

• james2go30
    replied
    yup

Originally posted by Security Consultant
    like saki myself...used to date a Japanese girls years back...used to drink it with her dad...kind of a taste to get used to.

Leave a comment:

• Curtis Baillie
    replied

Leave a comment:

• james2go30
    replied
    yea

I like rurouni kenshin too...but prefer the samurai X movies the series was based on.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by Arff312
    i watched appleseed the other night at my friends and i like it now lol.
    I'm told the series was utter trash, but when you get Oshi making a Shirow property, it actually works.

This thread is now about anime.

Leave a comment:

• Arff312
    replied
    i watched appleseed the other night at my friends and i like it now lol.

Leave a comment:

• james2go30
    replied
    Yea

I got appleseed...love it. I do like paranoia agent gonna get that set whenever I find it. Not many good places in Panama City to find quality anime. Just bought Hellsing and I like it pretty well.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by ocp
    Off duty I am on-line 90% of the time, the other 10% is trying to get out of the dog house with my girlfriend because I am on-line 90% time.
    Get a good PDA with packet cellular, it'll take care of the other 10% till cyberbrain implants are a reality.

Leave a comment:

• ocp
    replied
    Off duty I am on-line 90% of the time, the other 10% is trying to get out of the dog house with my girlfriend because I am on-line 90% time.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Echos: Have you tried watching original Robotech? I can't. Voice acting gets on my nerves. I want to cause physical harm to some of the actors. Also, you should find a way to get a hold of Macross Zero, all five episodes, off the internet. It is not licensed for distribution in America, unfortunately.

Rooney: James summed it up. They show weird shows at night.

James: I own nearly all of Shirow's works. 1st and 2nd GIG, GITS 2, GITS 1, and Solid State Society. (Ssh, that's not out in America yet...) Appleseed, Dominion Tank Police, etc.

I have threatened to burn people's brain by suggesting they watch Evangelion, Lain, and Saikano in order, all the way through, without stopping.

Leave a comment:

• james2go30
    replied
    oh yea

left out sealab 2021 and full metal alchemist...like those too.

Leave a comment:

• Echos13
    replied
    N. A.

Shadow Chronicles coming out on DVD next month!

Yay!

- Hunter is back I think...

Leave a comment:

• james2go30
    replied
    animated humor

Originally posted by Rooney
    I may be showing my age here but, what the heck is adult swim?
    Adult swim is a lineup on cartoon network for adults. It is a combination of animated humor programs and japanese animation....anime stretches from serious drama through sci-fi fantasy and historical action adventure...basically it sapns all genras. Some of the stories are well written and animated beautifully.

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X