No announcement yet.

Hobbies/ What do you do when off duty?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hobbies/ What do you do when off duty?

Me I find art very relaxing and fun to do and I even try a little photography with my digital camera when I work. I been trying for over a year to get some good pictures of wildlife i.e. does, bucks, racoons, but have not had much luck really.
    Last edited by Marchetti, David, M; 01-22-2007, 04:16 AM.

OMG - a good deal, but the primary passions are cycling and photography (Gallery's in the Sig). One forum that appeals to my audio side is Head-Fi, where I am sure to get a daily dose of new music, even if it's the 30 sec iTunes clip.

Lately, I've been trying to figure out how to shave more pounds off me and bike, while not giving up deep fried twinkies, Pad Thai, Sushi and Ramen Noodles. Oh BTW another hobby is eating
    Best regards, Steve Surfaro
    Panasonic Systems Solutions / Strategic Technical Liaison

Industry Panasonic|ASIS Physical Security Council|SIA Standards|BICSI |NICET |SecurityInfoWatch.com |NetworkCameraReviews|IPCameraForum
    Fun Head-Fi|BikeForums.net|CandlePower Forums|24|My Gallery|My other car is a Trek Y-50

Comment

I'm big into Airsoft guns and Sci-Fi movie props; My thing is getting these 6mm BB guns, and making them into realistic wall displays (filling screw holes, repainting, etc.). They're a cheap alternative to the real thing, and easier to take out in my backyard and fire full auto than a real steel version is...
      “Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left”
      "I swear to God, I'm going to pistol whip the next guy that says 'Shenanigans' "... Capt. O'Hagan, "Super Troopers"

Comment

I enjoy flying whenever I can. I also like going out into the desert and target practicing. Skydiving as well, but, haven't done it now in over a year. Pretty much anything that gets me outdoors and out of the office.

Comment

Originally posted by flashlightcop509
          I'm big into Airsoft guns and Sci-Fi movie props; My thing is getting these 6mm BB guns, and making them into realistic wall displays (filling screw holes, repainting, etc.). They're a cheap alternative to the real thing, and easier to take out in my backyard and fire full auto than a real steel version is...
          Same reason I like airsoft, you don't need to find a range and can put rounds through cans all day.
          Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

My scanner is always on. Drives the wife crazy.
            I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
            Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Ham Radio, Scanners and evil black military style pistols and rifles.
              Hospital Security Officer

Comment

Just whatever

Like spending time with my son. Enjoy watching good movies or working on a new short story. Also love the video games.

Comment

I like to fish and collect classic muscle cars.
                  Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
                  Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

I play airsoft and paintball. One of my officers just got me into playing ultimate frisbee lots of fun. With my cholestorol being on the up I'm looking for lots of activities to get me moving. Love to read and watch movies as well. Anytime I work a day shift I leave work and head across the street to the movie theater to catch a matinee after my shift.

Comment

Is that the instore or blockbuster.com? I had Netflix for awhile and liked it, just got rid of it when i moved.

Comment

I like Netflix better, honestly, than Blockbuster online. I had a turnaround time from drop into box to new movie in 3 days, due to Netflix's distribution system.

I'd like to note that the fact I have a DVD+-RW and a stack of 100 DVDs has no influence on my decision to enjoy Netflix at record speed.
                        Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

I am still into web surfing. Been doing it for a long time now. I still enjoy it and end up spending hours online when I am not at work. I figured I would get tired of it eventually but haven't yet. I also like PC games, the ones I have are sort of old but I still have not played them all yet. I am still having fun with the original Unreal and Unreal tournament. Yeah, I know those are as old as dinosaur dung but I still like em. I am gonna start Call of Duty next. I had never played pc games much but I found I guy that had a bunch of old classics for sale so I bought them. I guess I will soon get to see what all the hoopla was about Half-life... LOL!

Comment

Self explanatory

Comment

My after work hobby...

When I am not at work, which is rare...

I belong to a Probe Car club, and own a few of them.. Autocross racing with this one, and car shows!

Go figure.. Something not security related!
                              Deputy Sheriff

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X