Suddam's execution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suddam's execution

As Saddam's execution draws near I would like to hear other perspectives on the event. I understand that there are persons that feel that he would not be in custody if our present administration did not tell "the truth" (I completely disagree with, If President Bush lied so did Mrs. Clinton, Mr. Kennedy, and half of the world). At the same time I know that this man killed over 4000 kurds by gassing them and many more besides. So, in my opinion, let the s.o.b. hang, the sooner the better. Thats my 2 cents.

While completely avoiding any political debate in regards to how he was captured and the true motives of the current administration... he deserved to be ousted, and ultimately put to death. I was actually shocked that they are kind of rushing his death sentence, but oh well. One thing is certain, he won't be lonely.
    "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

So... CNN is saying Saddam is dead.... hanged just before 10pm EST (6am Bagdad Time).

Serious Though - Does anyone think the National THreat level might go up, with lots of talk about folks using this as an excuse to start fighting and launch attacks? - Espicially iwith it being a holiday weekend in the US.
      The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed.

Comment

"To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

It is possible the level may go to Orange.

I think tho Iraq is the place where most will happen.

The Iraqis wanted to get it over with so fast is to prevent planning for large attacks.

Comment

Dang, I just saw that Saddam animation on another site I frequent...

Hey, davis002, you a member of Military.Com perchance?
            “Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left”
            "I swear to God, I'm going to pistol whip the next guy that says 'Shenanigans' "... Capt. O'Hagan, "Super Troopers"

Comment

Originally posted by flashlightcop509
              Dang, I just saw that Saddam animation on another site I frequent...

Hey, davis002, you a member of Military.Com perchance?
              Actually, I googled "Saddam hanging" and that was first hit.

I read that the Iraqi Government videotaped the hanging, and they are mulling over whether or not they should release the video. I personally feel it is only a matter of time before Al Jazeera airs it, then Youtube would follow shortly afterwards. I'm not saying I really want to see it, but I know some people will question if he really was hanged unless they provide proof.

Comment

Just checked Al Jazeera online...
                Attached Files

Comment

http://news.bostonherald.com/galleries/?title=sadam

Good Riddance.
                  Join your fellow brothers...Adoplh and Company.
                  http://www.laurel-and-hardy.com/ Greatest Comedy team ever!

Comment

Originally posted by Marchetti, David, M
                    Saddam needed to go, we knew he met with terrorists, and lets be honest if someone were going to sell someone like Osama Bin Looser a weapon of mass destruction it would have been him. Add in what he was doing to his own citizens and he needed to die. I did see the whole hanging video and I think he did not suffer enough..... too fast and painless in my opinion.
                    I agree. It would have been nice to let him be stoned to death by his own people in a public square.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchetti, David, M
                      Saddam needed to go, we knew he met with terrorists, and lets be honest if someone were going to sell someone like Osama Bin Looser a weapon of mass destruction it would have been him. Add in what he was doing to his own citizens and he needed to die. I did see the whole hanging video and I think he did not suffer enough..... too fast and painless in my opinion.
                      What weapons of mass destruction? Has it not heen proved that you were lied to. There were no weapons of mass destruction!
                      I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
                      Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Originally posted by HotelSecurity
                        What weapons of mass destruction? Has it not heen proved that you were lied to. There were no weapons of mass destruction!
                        Yup and all those Kurds that were gassed in the 90s were lied to as well

Comment

I am much afraid the hanging, not the hanging per se, but the events leading up to it will cause his followers to seek out revenge and go after soft targets and many of us represent soft target.
                          The old Arab proverb comes to the fore, "Revenge is a dish best served cold."
                          Enjoy the day,
                          Bill

Comment

Originally posted by HotelSecurity
                            And I'm sure these were all toys...

Declassified Document
                            "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
                            "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Warnock
                              I am much afraid the hanging, not the hanging per se, but the events leading up to it will cause his followers to seek out revenge and go after soft targets and many of us represent soft target.
                              The old Arab proverb comes to the fore, "Revenge is a dish best served cold."
                              Enjoy the day,
                              Bill
                              I always thought that was a Mafia proverb!!
                              I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
                              Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X