What food is your city known for

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EMTjon View Post
    How could I forget the soft pretzels? They taste best when sold off the cart, where the old guy handles the food after scratching his crotch and handling cash - And he uses a small napkin... no tissue paper, and no gloves
    Must be the extra "special salty taste".
    sigpic
    Rocket Science
    Making everything else look simple, since 1958.

http://my.opera.com/integrator/blog/
    One Man's Opinion

The Future. It isn't what it used to be.

Comment

Well, I am a Italian American from New York City! So, NY is known for all kinds of food. However, living in the Tampa By area, I would say "Cuban sandwiches".

Be safe,

Hank
      " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

Few Things around here

My hometown

Mrs Gerrys salads

Nationally award winning hamburgers at The Elbow Room
        and
        Award winning pancakes at B&B Cafe

Sadly, 20 miles away is also the home of Spam. yeah, that Spam

And when the wind is juuuuust right...

Comment

Well lets see what does St. Louis have? Toasted Raviolis, these could be the best mistake ever in the food world. If you don't know what they are, let me know and I'll tell ya. Ted Drew's Frozen Custard, its a must stop after every Cards game. Oh and the St. Louis Style Pizza, the crust is about as thick as a cracker and add a very light sauce and Provel cheese and any toppings you like and you are ready to rock and roll.
          "You gotta look like Rico Suave, Think like Einstein and, only if that fails...fight like Tyson." -Dougo83's FTO

Me- "Should we call the police?" My FTO- "Justin, here, we are the police. Go get em."

Originally posted by Black Caesar
          some people just need killin!!!!! (Or Tasing, or pepper spraying or whatever).

Comment

EWW I HATE Imos. St Louis Bread company is overly trendy but I liked their sammiches
            sigpicMy ideal security vehicle and uniforms:

Comment

The "Insert Your City Here" Bread Co is all over the place. Its owned by St. Louis based Panara Breads. Yes it is very very very trendy but God bless the person that makes that Chicken Salad.

Imo's i'm not a big fan of. Now Cecil Whittikers is the place to go for the STL Style pizza.

And hell don't be talking down about SPAM. That is one of my guilty pleasures. Fry up a can. Scramble a dozen eggs and you got yourself a meal fit for a king.
              "You gotta look like Rico Suave, Think like Einstein and, only if that fails...fight like Tyson." -Dougo83's FTO

Me- "Should we call the police?" My FTO- "Justin, here, we are the police. Go get em."

Originally posted by Black Caesar
              some people just need killin!!!!! (Or Tasing, or pepper spraying or whatever).

Comment

Panera Bread is pretentious, but so is Starbucks. I don't mind either, and like Panera Bread's various ... bread items.

I was informed by someone who was ministering in St. Louis that Panera Bread is the St. Louis Bread Company, but never knew that they had other "City Name" Bread Companies.
                Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

JSAM you're a guy after my own heart. SPAM is GI food of the gods. About the strangest use I've seen for spam is a youtube video of a contractor dipping his .223 rounds in the fatty brine. I don't think thats a good idea personally, even if it had an actual purpose other than ticking off muslim viewers, which I don't care for to begin with.
                  Last edited by Ron Jessee; 09-17-2007, 03:27 PM. Reason: clarity

Comment

Israelis use pork as a method of protecting personnel and facilities from Muslim and radical Israeli terrorist attacks. Rabbis have specifically authorized certain IDF and security forces personnel to handle pork for the purposes of protection.

Hang up sealed containers of pork blood or meat at entrance points, possible blast points, etc.

The terrorist may think twice about having his remains defiled by pig product after his detonation mixes the two.

They also intern pig by-product with Muslim terrorist graves, which achieves a deterrence and psychological victory.

No clue if it works.
                    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Vacaville, CA back in the early 1900s was the worlds largest producer of onions. Until about five years ago they had the Onion Festival in August and made onion rings the size of dinner plates, onion ice cream, and various other dishes.
                      The law is reason free from passion." -- Aristotle

Comment

isnt there a place near there that has a garlic festival? MAN i have to go there I'm a garlic fiend

Comment

The Garlic festival is in Gilroy just south of San Jose.

Tucson food,
                          Mexican (I'll bet you wouldn't have guessed that)

Comment

Originally posted by hrdickinson View Post
                            Since, in Houston it must be a requirement to have lined up a Mexican restaurant in order to get a building permit for a strip mall, I believe that Mexican food has to be it for us!
                            What he said...Although, being Texas and all, B-B-Q!!!!!!!!!!!
                            I do security for work; I run into burning buildings for fun

Comment

Well down here in Australia. I would have to say Kanagroo. Yum! It is a nice meat although a bit gamey in taste. Best served Medium rare other wise it gets tuff.

Also my home town of Aldgate.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aldgate%2C_South_Australia

Does aldgate pies. Which is a pie with baccon, ham, egg, spinich, tomato and some other stuff. Yum!

Thanks

Duncan

Comment

THAT at least sounds good. nice and bad for you

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X