• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What food is your city known for

Ottawa Canada - beaver tails

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beaver_tail_%28pastry%29
    Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted.
    Groucho Marx

Here in Tucson Arizona we're known for .................... (I have no idea)
    We do have alot of good Mexican restaurants though. Also cactus jams and jellys.

Comment

I've been trying very hard to bring my Mongolian Braised Lizard Lips to the fine-dining market here, but it's been a little slower than I had hoped and I'm still not moving more than 20 or 30 lips a day, even on weekends. One of the restaurants wanted to offer a special - 5 lips for a dollar, but I said "What am I supposed to do with the left-over lip? Lizards come with two lips, you know!" I hate spoilage.

Naturally, this means that my lizard corral is getting crowded and now I'm having to pay a whole crew of lizardboys just to herd 'em to pasture and back...the bank is threatening to call my loan and I might have to give up on the idea. And I had such a good promo, too: "Lizard Lips - Lip-Smackin' Good Eats, You Betcha!"...
      Last edited by SecTrainer; 12-28-2006, 11:51 AM.
      "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

I detect sarcasim, a sense of humour, smoking the drapes or the truth....
        A good marketing campaign would be 5 for a dollar "plus one free". That would help move the stock and allow more money for you to build lizard highrise condo's in the space that is freed up.

Originally posted by SecTrainer
        I've been trying very hard to bring my Mongolian Braised Lizard Lips to the fine-dining market here, but it's been a little slower than I had hoped and I'm still not moving more than 20 or 30 lips a day, even on weekends. One of the restaurants wanted to offer a special - 5 lips for a dollar, but I said "What am I supposed to do with the left-over lip? Lizards come with two lips, you know!" I hate spoilage.

Naturally, this means that my lizard corral is getting crowded and now I'm having to pay a whole crew of lizardboys just to herd 'em to pasture and back...the bank is threatening to call my loan and I might have to give up on the idea. And I had such a good promo, too: "Lizard Lips - Lip-Smackin' Good Eats, You Betcha!"...
        Groucho Marx

Comment

SecTrainer,
          PM me I may be able to distibute your lizard lips down here. We have restaurants that specialize in lips. You may have heard of them, the french restaurant is "lèvres de lézard", and the portuguese one is "bordos do lagarto". We also have a shortage of chicken lips here. Since we have had an influx of illegal immigration our supplies are low.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooney
            SecTrainer,
            PM me I may be able to distibute your lizard lips down here. We have restaurants that specialize in lips. You may have heard of them, the french restaurant is "lèvres de lézard", and the portuguese one is "bordos do lagarto". We also have a shortage of chicken lips here. Since we have had an influx of illegal immigration our supplies are low.
            Oh, wow - this is great! I have a huge supply of chicken lips because I had tried those before the lizards and they didn't go over at all! Will forward entire stock of chicken lips by next UPS truck at no charge to you as it will save me from paying any more storage charges!

Comment

Originally posted by Eric
              I detect sarcasim, a sense of humour, smoking the drapes or the truth....
              A good marketing campaign would be 5 for a dollar "plus one free". That would help move the stock and allow more money for you to build lizard highrise condo's in the space that is freed up.
              OMG - "5 plus 1 free"...why didn't I think of that!? Brilliant!!

Comment

In the Boston area, since we are an Ocean city, Lobsters, Fried Clams

In the Boston area?
                Drive just south of the city to Quincy, to Quincy Shore Drive
                Right on Wollaston Beach
                http://www.southofboston.net/dining/...heClamBox.html
                Clam Box, GREAT !!!
                Last edited by copelandamuffy; 12-28-2006, 04:42 PM.
                http://www.laurel-and-hardy.com/ Greatest Comedy team ever!

Comment

Montreal, Quebec, Canada - Smoked meat & poutine.
                  I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
                  Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Washington- White rice with boiled chicken. We're boring

I guess Salmon is our M.O. out here, though Im not a big fan of it.
                    "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
                    "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Anyone know what poutine is?
                      I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
                      Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

We're famous for italian food. Tenutas.

Also, the town to the north of us, Racine, makes KRINGLE.
                        Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Philly PA - Cheesesteaks!

Do ya want that wit wiz?
                          The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed.

Comment

Originally posted by EMTjon
                            Philly PA - Cheesesteaks!

Do ya want that wit wiz?
                            Yes, yes I do. No onions, double steak, double cheese, wiz. There was a transplant in Florida that was right next to my site. My lunch hour was 1 foot long philly, fries, and coke. It was very good.

The guys had bread and steaks shipped in daily, and would post the box (broken down) and the invoice from the bakery in Philly on a message board, under a large sign that said "REAL PHILLY STEAKS."
                            Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Philly cheese steak is wonderful, tried them in a few states including PA and Calif.

HotelSecurity, poutine may not be well known outside Ontario Quebec, but it is good. As with most good foods though, all in moderation.
                              Groucho Marx

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X