Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charger
    replied
    I know the Mexican police used to drive the old beetles...

One of Portland, OR's suburbs has a new beetle that was donated... They use it as a "slightly-undercover" traffic unit... It has one of the little 3-pod vector lightbars on the roof... Looks goofy as all hell..

Leave a comment:

• GCMC Security
    replied
    Originally posted by HotelSecurity
    http://www.policecanada.ca/ Look on the left, under the flags for Safety Bugs.
    As one of my female officer's just exclaimed as we looked at those...awww how cute LMAO!

Leave a comment:

• Goodtimes2ndlt
    replied
    Camo

As far as i know there is no code or regulation that would keep you from painting your Vehicle Camo pattern. But it cannot be mistaken as a Fed or local law enforcement vehicles, that would include Military Vehicles

Leave a comment:

• HotelSecurity
    replied
    http://www.policecanada.ca/ Look on the left, under the flags for Safety Bugs.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by GCMC Security
    I wonder if there is any LE agency that drives a beetle
    Probably as a DARE car.

Leave a comment:

• GCMC Security
    replied
    I wonder if there is any LE agency that drives a beetle

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    I have been waiting for someone to try to pin an Impersonating Law Enforcement charge on a Geek Squad agent. Either by their cars (which is laughable, its a BEETLE!) or their dress (like 1980s FBI agents) or the fact they issue badges to field agents.

Leave a comment:

• Andy Taylor
    replied
    In Cali a couple of years ago the CHP complained about "The Geek Squad's" black & white VWs. There was no law on the books, but in the interest of good will, Best Buy repainted the doors on all of their New Beetles in the state.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Originally posted by Security Consultant
    Ya, just like the Crown Vics.
    So true. FORD = FRIED OR ROASTED DEAD

Leave a comment:

• Curtis Baillie
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. Security
    The Ford Pinto has always been a coversation starter, especially after they started exploding when hit from the rear.
    Ya, just like the Crown Vics.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Originally posted by Security Consultant
    I once owned, while I was in law enforcement, a Ford Pinto that was painted "school bus" yellow. It was quite a conversation starter with the girls.
    The Ford Pinto has always been a coversation starter, especially after they started exploding when hit from the rear.

Leave a comment:

• Curtis Baillie
    replied
    I once owned, while I was in law enforcement, a Ford Pinto that was painted "school bus" yellow. It was quite a conversation starter with the girls.

Leave a comment:

• Bill Warnock
    replied
    Originally posted by Bridgegate
    Even worse... I'm surprised someone hasn't fought this yet. Or is this one of those laws that they would only choose to enforce if they were to see a green & white CVPI, for example?

Not to sound anti-gov or anything, but I tend to agree with the masses. The government telling you what color car you can drive is taking it a bit far, in my opinion. Having a badge, lightbar, or "POLICE" in big letters is one thing, but the color of the vehicle? C'mon!
    We should consider ourselves lucky. In Japan, if you buy a Teal colored automobile, you may not change the color of that vehicle without the expressed written permission of their vehicle administration in that prefecture and when you go to the shop to have the car repainted, the perimssion form is examined and entered into the prefecture database and then after the paint job is completed, registered with the national police database. To change the color you must have a compelling for doing so. The fines are stiff and driving privileges withdrawn for a year.
    Enjoy the day,
    Bill

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    I saw it enforced one time in my life, a security vehicle was white with green lettering. It said "MALL SECURITY" on it. Deputies had the account before the mall changed ownership, and the mall brought their in-house security force with them.

Poor bastard wore white and green and had a white and green truck. The deputies were waiting for him.

Leave a comment:

• Charger
    replied
    Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
    Ticket? No. Arrest for misdemeanor impersonating a Sheriff or his Deputy.
    Even worse... I'm surprised someone hasn't fought this yet. Or is this one of those laws that they would only choose to enforce if they were to see a green & white CVPI, for example?

Not to sound anti-gov or anything, but I tend to agree with the masses. The government telling you what color car you can drive is taking it a bit far, in my opinion. Having a badge, lightbar, or "POLICE" in big letters is one thing, but the color of the vehicle? C'mon!

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X