Baby it is cold outside.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baby it is cold outside.

22 degrees Fahrenheit at 3 O'clock Sunday morning.
    Darn cold doing foot patrols
    And doing vehicle patrols, a thick coat of frost on the windsheild
    of the Security Vehicle.
    Winter is on its way
    And about January this weather will seem mild when it 5 degrees Farhenheit,
    snowing at 2 to three inches an hour, and winds gusting to 35 knots
    Boston, Detroit, Milwaukee, Toronto are fun places to be in winter if
    your a Security Guard doing outside patrols.
    http://www.laurel-and-hardy.com/ Greatest Comedy team ever!

It's only 75 here in Arizona. I might have to break out my long pants this week instead of wearing shorts. BRRRRRRR

Sorry I'm being a smart aleck.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooney
      It's only 75 here in Arizona. I might have to break out my long pants this week instead of wearing shorts. BRRRRRRR

Sorry I'm being a smart aleck.
      That's OK. I'll take the cold any day over the snakes, scorpions, and black widow spiders that inhabit your region.
      Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Security
        That's OK. I'll take the cold any day over the snakes, scorpions, and black widow spiders that inhabit your region.
        I second that!
        "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

Originally posted by davis002
          I second that!
          I'll third that! You can always add clothing, When it reaches in the 90s F here in Montreal with our high humdity, it's murder. It's presently 43 F in Montreal(at 22H00). (Mild for this time of year). I think my friend Jon in Boston gets more snow than we do in Montreal. So far this year NONE!
          I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
          Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Yes, but when its 90 in the summer here in wonderful Wisconsin, I will be demanding the cold again. Why, exactly, is it 99 degrees in WISCONSIN.
            Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Critters

Originally posted by Mr. Security
              It's not that bad. So what that everthing here will either bite, sting, or prick you. We have 3 monthes of hot 100+ with very low humidity (4-10%). Even then our monsoon season starts in august which can cool it down by 40-50 degrees in a few minutes. Other than that its beautiful the other 8-9 months. We get snow here about once every 5 years. It looks great with the Saguaro cactus having snow on it. It ussualy melts by noon.
              Last edited by Rooney; 11-27-2006, 11:54 AM. Reason: add pic

Comment

We had a snow storm at the end of January 2005. 35 inches of snow
                in the Boston area.
                What is normally a 45 minute drive to work took about 3 hours.
                Anyone who drives in snow or lives in the snow belt will know what I mean
                when I say whiteout conditions.
                Once I got to the Gatehouse I called the other Guards not to even leave
                their homes. It was too dangerous to drive.
                I did not go into some of the buildings for patrols. With that much snow
                on the roofs, I was leary of roof collapses. Brutal cold. Walking in the snow
                was no fun. The snow was pelting you, and it felt like you were being stung.
                I stayed 24 hours.

But I had a microwave oven. Plenty of food, and lots of coffee.

By the end of those 24 hours. The storm was over, the roads plowed, and a moon-lit night.
                http://www.laurel-and-hardy.com/ Greatest Comedy team ever!

Comment

Originally posted by copelandamuffy
                  We had a snow storm at the end of January 2005. 35 inches of snow
                  in the Boston area.
                  What is normally a 45 minute drive to work took about 3 hours.
                  Anyone who drives in snow or lives in the snow belt will know what I mean
                  when I say whiteout conditions.
                  Once I got to the Gatehouse I called the other Guards not to even leave
                  their homes. It was too dangerous to drive.
                  I did not go into some of the buildings for patrols. With that much snow
                  on the roofs, I was leary of roof collapses. Brutal cold. Walking in the snow
                  was no fun. The snow was pelting you, and it felt like you were being stung.
                  I stayed 24 hours.

But I had a microwave oven. Plenty of food, and lots of coffee.

By the end of those 24 hours. The storm was over, the roads plowed, and a moon-lit night.
                  Aww the joys of living a 5 minute walk to the subway station & a 3 minute walk from the subway to the hotel!

Comment

57.2 F at 18h00 on November 30 in Montreal. It's a heat wave! But it won't last. The high forecast for tomorrow is 28.4F

Comment

28 F, Heavy Snow. Everywhere from Chicago to maybe the bottom of Milwaukee is in the Green or Yellow on radar.

(I have a neat little extension in Firefox that shows me the weather and the radar map in FF's toolbar. )
                      Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X