Happy Thanksgiving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! I hope that you are able to join friends and family in celebration. Stay warm, eat well, and let's talk security when we all get back from dinner, duty, or travels to be with family.

Geoff Kohl, editor
    SecurityInfoWatch.com

Thanks Geoff and the very best to you and your family. I wish all the members of this forum the very best, stay warm, well fed and most of all safe.
    Warm regards to all,
    Bill

Comment

Happy US Thanksgiving. Since your Thanksgiving is always on a Thursday does this mean you get 2 paid days off? Most Canadian holidays are on Mondays so we get a long weekend. Must be a bummer if you get Thursday off, have to work Friday then get the weekend off. Any idea why Thursday was choosen?
      I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
      Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Paid days off?? HAHAHA I will be working both thurs and friday, thursday is time and a half so I'll be going in early to relieve the salaried site sup. Friday is regular pay. The hospital runs both thurs and fri at holiday staffing but dont know if they get paid for both.

Comment

Quebec has interesting laws for holidays. We don't get paid time & a half. We get paid 20% of the previous 4 weeks. So if you work 40 hours a week x 4 weeks = 160 divided by 20% = 8 hours! Even if you only work 1 day in the previous month you still get something for a holiday.
          I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
          Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Happy Turkey Day to all.
            No idea why Thursday was chosen.
            "Gun control, the theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists. " Author Unknown

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
            Working...
            X