Election calls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Election calls

Has any one here been recieving numerous calls regarding candidates and propositions about the election tomorrow?

I don't mind the calls, but, they are calling my cell phone. Why should I have to pay air time to listen to a recorded message. I have yet to have a real person on the other end. If I do get a real person maybe I can find out how they got my cell number in the first place. This is extremely irritating and I've called the local party offices and they said they don't have anything to do with the calls.

By the way I am on the do not call list. Thats probably where they got my number.

Any one else have this problem? Or any suggestions.

I will be voting tomorrow. I hope everyone that is able to does. It's our way of being a part of this countries future.

(Did you notice I kept politics out)
    Last edited by Rooney; 11-06-2006, 06:03 PM.

We get them at home. Bill Clinton (recorded) called around 3 PM today, reminding us to vote. They always come through the Caller ID as strange numbers, I can tell its an election related matter because the Asterisk Server goes into hard alarm (as its told to in its dialplan) loudly when it recieves a "bogus" Caller ID data.

Best one yet:
    Wisconsin Call
    414-555-1414

I was like, "Um... That's either the phone company itself, the federal government, or someone's got a CID encoder."
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Got that call from Bill today myself. I tried to engage him on his failed response to Bin Laden, but he was strangely elusive on the topic! Just kept plugging away at the message, didn't even take a breather to hear me out.

I wonder if he knows I'll be using the signs his Dem. flunkies posted all over my neighborhood as target-backdrops at the range on Wednesday?

Comment

Jimmyhat

You're not a Democrate? I'm shocked LOL!
        I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
        Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Originally posted by HotelSecurity
          Jimmyhat

You're not a Democrate? I'm shocked LOL!
          I'm here to serve, HS, nothing more and nothing less.

Independent, actually, if anyone's asking.

Comment

Bill never called me. Im so lonely...
            "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
            "The Curve" 1998

Comment

My wife have never failed to vote. Always vote absentee.
              That way we can sit at home and vote at our leizure and decide whom
              we want and don't want. We also do not like some dork waving a politcal
              sign in our faces saying their guy or gal is the best when we are trying to
              enter a polling place to vote. Your canidate is a bum plain and simpler

And to my elected local politicans, it is none of your damn business why
              my wife and I vote at home. We have a constitutional right to vote absentee.

Running for any kind of political office in 2006 is nasty, real nasty
              Both Democrats and Republicans are equal in this. Your entire life
              is paraded in the newspapers.

We had one local canidate who was accused of calling up hookers
              and prostitutes. The opposing candidate had got a hold of his
              phone records. What really happened was that the local candidate
              had made one accidental incorrect call to someone, and that
              call was to a local brothel. When this was all cleared up, the damage
              had been done.

Sorry to rant and rave but in 2006 we have bad people in office
              And yes Republicans and Democrats. Foley in Florida sleeping
              with male pages. And in my home state of Massachusetts
              John Kerry mocking and degrading our men and women in
              uniform. Real nice.

We need a politican with a fire in their belly. Who looks out for the
              little guy or gal. No sweetheart backdoor dealing behind closed doors
              Someone who answers to no one but Jane Doe or John Smith.
              The six-pack men and women who are fed up with being taxed
              into the ozone, and that money is given to people who never
              worked a day in their lives.
              http://www.laurel-and-hardy.com/ Greatest Comedy team ever!

Comment

What we need is a moderate. But in this land of dipolar extremes (neo-cons and neo-libs), the moderates have been steamrollered.

Also, the concept of having idiots waving signs within 1000 feet of a polling place is strange to me.

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Billy didn't call me. I'm glad though I find his voice irritating. All of the calls I have gotten are from people that want me to pass propositions to raise my taxes. Why is it that people just vote in that crap. I guess they don't mind giving their money to politicians that don't know how to spend it anyway. You tell them they can have the money for one thing and they spend it on everything other than what it was for.

Example: We voted a bond issue to upgrade school cafeterias. They upgraded the cafeterias in the "high class" foothills area of town. My nieces went to the elementary school there. They got their lunch catered in from: mcdonalds, KFC, Burger king, Taco bell, Pizza Hut, etc.. Then they wonder why our kids are obese. The cafateria was beautiful, stainless steel everywhere and nice tables etc.. Only to go to waste because of the catering from the fat food places.

Arizona currently has close to a billion dollar surplus. Most of the propositions here are to raise taxes to pay for crap. Why do we need to raise taxes when we have a surplus, it's bs. Typical politicians telling you how YOUR money should be spent.

Comment

... We got Sysco Food Systems food. Hint: If monday was spagetti day, you got pizza on tuesday, and something else to get rid of the last bit of tomato sauce on wedensday.

Comment

I also have lost faith in our news media. I do not trust the alpahebet networks:
                      ABC-CBS-CNN-NBC. The New York Times, Boston Globe, Atlanta Consitiuton,
                      Dallas Morning News, Houston Chronicle, Washington Post, and Los Angeles
                      Times also are biased.

Forget Hollloywood. Tinsle town. Sean Penn and Rosie O'Donnell are
                      the poster childs with what is wrong with the motiion picture Industry.

And while I am still barking. Academia is another. Harvard, Princeton, Yale,
                      University of Californina at Berkley think far out of the what most Americans
                      believe in. The venim and posion they lecture in classes is real bad,

Trust family and friends. They are the Good Guys and Good Gals.
                      And yes it is politically incorrect, but trust in your God

End of lecture. Going out to rake leaves and clean the gutters.

Comment

Copelandamuffy.. Don't forget the judges that think they can supercede voters or the constitution from the bench. The 9th circuit court tried to overturn our voter i.d. law that we voted in. They said in their verdict that it would be hard for the Hispanic community to comply with. Let me see, you need I.D. to buy beer, smokes, go into a federal building, cash a check, use your credit card, etc. but not to vote. It's just another example of the judiciary running amuck on our country. They should be disbarred and the 9th circuit dis-banned. I guess they spend too much time drinking with Ted (hiccup) Kennedy.

As for the media and hollyweird. It's amazing the way thay can tell a story and have it mean the complete opposite of the truth. A good example is Iraq. I have friends that are stationed over there that say they see alot of good things happening. Schools opening, stock market running, economic growth, etc.. All we here over hear is the dispair. I do have to say however that every servicemans life that has been lost is sad and I do greive with their families.

Comment

Often John Q. Public is a lot smarter than the media, Holloywood, and our politcians give credit for. And yes these Judges are rotten.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X