• Show
Clear All

• Telemarketers

On occasion we receive at home telephone calls from telemarketers
    We take the telephone receiver and places next to Max who lives
    with us. Max has a tuff time holding onto the reciever, so we
    place the telephone receiver next to his ears. Max is a very good
    listner and never interupts. I will help Max if need be, such as
    having the telemaketers requesting information. Mailing addresses,etc.
    Max has won
    trips to the Jamica, Bermuda, a new car, and a new set of Golf clubs.

His sister Muffy, when the phone rings, will scamper over and knock
    the telephone receiver off its cradle. She too receives calls from
    banks and credit card lenders on reducing payments on her mortgage
    and getting out of debt.

When Max has agreed to give out his name and address he also
    receives lots and lots of junk mail

Max is probably going to probably have to do jury duty one of these
    days. There is a case pending near our home where one of Max's relatives
    received a notice for jury duty. I'd love to see the face on the Judge
    when Max is sitting in the jury pool.

Oh did I mention Max and Muffy are our family cats?
    Last edited by copelandamuffy; 10-29-2006, 03:16 PM.
    http://www.laurel-and-hardy.com/ Greatest Comedy team ever!

Sounds like a good reason to have a cat. Sienfeld had a good episode about telemarketers.
    Jury duty would be interesting...

Bought my first answering machine in 1985, it is good investiment for pre screening calls, I mean for shift workers.
    Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted.
    Groucho Marx

Comment

I ( I mean the wife) has 5 cats I have a dog .

I got called for jury duty & thought I'd be automatically excluded since I work in hotel security & the people (3 were on trial) were charged with takijng part in a riot outside of an hotel. (One of the defendants was a well know activist in Canada, Jaggi Sing.) I had to get out of it because it was to be a long trial & my hotel had locked out the workers. I was making overtime like crazy. Did not compare at all with what you get paid as a jurior. When they were interviewing us we were asked if we could be impartial on the case. I said no & was rejected as a juror. (Was probably a good thing for the defendants, they were found not guilty).

As for the phones I have a simple solution. The ringers on my phones are always turned off. Anyone who I want to speak to has my pager number. They page me & I use the phone to make outgoing calls only.
      I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
      Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Telemarketers

Ask for their phone number and offer to call them back.
        Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Caller ID and an answering service.....
          It's not that I don't want to take your call..I just don't want to talk to you.

Comment

I used to mess around with telemarketers a little bit, play those same kinda games... but as I thought about it, here you have someone doing a job, who has to put up with this treatment probably from most of the people they call. So now I just give them a polite, "I'm sorry, but at this time I am not interested, thank you for asking."
            "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
            "The Curve" 1998

Comment

I just ask, "is this a sales call?"

But, I am also on the do not call list. One person was like, 'You are?' And I was like, "I'm sorry, I am. Please have a supervisor connect on your line, I have some questions under federal law he's required to answer."

Filed a complaint with the FTC after I got the info out of him.
              Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Do Not Call

I am on the Do Not call list and have had very little problem since going on it.
                www.donotcall.gov
                Before that I would just hang up on them.
                "Gun control, the theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists. " Author Unknown

Comment

I don't have any pets.

I do get quite a few telemarketing calls. I hate the ones that call from a computer. When you answer it takes about 5 seconds for someone on the other end to say anything. When they do you can't understand them because they are calling from another country. Usually India. I have nothing against them I just wish I could understand them better so when I tell them off and not to call again I know they understood me.

Comment

At work we have many calls from telemarkters.
                    Most are from a computer.
                    The sales pitch is usually "If you are interested in learning more
                    tap "9" on your push button phone" If it is a quiet day at the
                    gate house, I will do that and walk away from the phone.

On the other end of the line I can hear "Hello, Hello, Hello"

As far as them doing a job most of us would not do, I agree,
                    but many of them cannot take no for an answer. Some telemarketers
                    are quite rude. "Your telling me you do not want an all expenses paid trip
                    to Florida?" You say "No", and they will continue to pester you.

This is also my belief. I paid for the telephone and the use of the land
                    line. Excluding family and friends, do not call me ! You chose to
                    call me and be rude and a pest, and call me at 8:15 at night or
                    on a Sunday at 5:00 pm, then expect the same treatment in return.
                    I too will be rude to you.
                    http://www.laurel-and-hardy.com/ Greatest Comedy team ever!

Comment

I have a really funny recording of someone playing a joke on a telemarketer. It's saved on my desktop. I'm 50 years old & still not completely computer literate! Can someone talk me through getting the file from the desktop into this thread?
                      I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
                      Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooney
                        I don't have any pets.

I do get quite a few telemarketing calls. I hate the ones that call from a computer. When you answer it takes about 5 seconds for someone on the other end to say anything. When they do you can't understand them because they are calling from another country. Usually India. I have nothing against them I just wish I could understand them better so when I tell them off and not to call again I know they understood me.
                        That's your cue to hang up.
                        Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X