Motorcycles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorcycles

I would love to learn to ride one someday. A few of my buddies have bikes now. Do any of you own and or ride one ? If so what is a good suggestion for a first time bike (starter) ? Stay Safe All

Originally posted by S/O245
    I would love to learn to ride one someday. A few of my buddies have bikes now. Do any of you own and or ride one ? If so what is a good suggestion for a first time bike (starter) ? Stay Safe All
    I don't know what insurance is like in your area, but I would check with them for quotes on a couple of different models before falling in love with that Harley sportster or touring bike. And decide what your needs are, around town or long distance.
    You also may get a reduction if you take a training course, I see weekend courses all summer near where I work.

Looks like some States do not require helmets, I would consider full body armour and a helmet just for a bug free ride....but I am wimp for not wanting to spend a month in the hospital.
    Last edited by Eric; 10-18-2006, 07:13 AM.
    Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted.
    Groucho Marx

Comment

Just a fact: ALL the first donors of hearts for the early heart transplant operations in Montreal were motorcycle riders.
      I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
      Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

You could live here in Washington where we dont require insurance for motors.
        "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
        "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Ct

Doesn't even require helmets. Someone once told me that there are two types of motorcyclists: "Those who have "dumped" (crashed) the bike and those who will"

Be safe and wear as much safety equipment as you can stand.
          Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
          Working...
          X