X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Originally posted by Rooney
    Hopefully that won't happen. But if it does try to fly it somewhere you can recover it. The P51's are nice little planes. Did you get a digital radio? How many channels? If you have extra channels you can put armament on it (small rockets with size A motors)
    3 channels, but I'm not sure about the digital part. I'm going to ask an AMA instructor to fly it with me using a buddy box. I can't afford to replace it.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    I've built model rockets of interesting capabilities before, and launched them in areas where you really, really, need 1000 feet of clear space and a stable target.

Leave a comment:

• Rooney
    replied
    Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
    I thought I was the only person who wanted to put Estes model rockets on anything that can drive, fly, or move...
    I've been doing it since I was a kid. My first airplane was the type that you hold and go around in circles. When you moved your wrist you could make the plane go up or down with the 2 strings going to the plane. It worked great until I put 3 d-size estes motors on it to go faster. The plane went too fast and wrapped around me. I still have the scars on my leg from the burns. It was a blast (pun intended). Rockets also work good on model cars that have turning wheels.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    I wish.

Leave a comment:

• HotelSecurity
    replied
    I thought I was the only person who wanted to put Estes model rockets on anything that can drive, fly, or move...
    Are you a closet Mythbuster?

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Rooney
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. Security
    For any members that have been following this thread (I hope ):

I went for a P51 Mustang capable of reaching speeds of over 40 mph.
    That means when I crash, I can do even more damage!
    Hopefully that won't happen. But if it does try to fly it somewhere you can recover it. The P51's are nice little planes. Did you get a digital radio? How many channels? If you have extra channels you can put armament on it (small rockets with size A motors)

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    New Plane

For any members that have been following this thread (I hope ):

I went for a P51 Mustang capable of reaching speeds of over 40 mph.
    That means when I crash, I can do even more damage!

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    I really did it this time. My plane is history. A gusty day and the sun in my eyes combined to make it my last flight with this plane. It went down in a densely wooded swampy area and I can't even see it let alone recover the wreckage.

1 RC plane down and presumed destroyed: $140.00
    The agony of defeat: Priceless

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Up in the wild blue yonder.....

I've noticed that when I fly my RC plane, the hawks come over to check it out. "What kind of bird is this," they must be wondering. Hopefully they won't decide that it's "dinner" and attack.

It's fun though, to circle with them in the thermals. My friend (a more accomplished pilot) actually chases them with his plane. Of course, it's no problem for the hawks to out-maneuver anything that man tries to put into the air.

That's all for today, folks.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Oops

Decided to fly my plane this morning. Wind was calm and I finally had the energy. (working 64 hours this week)

The first flight was great and I was feeling confident.

The second was great....until I decided to do a low fly-by and forgot about the foul ball fence behind the softball diamond.

I pulled the plane up steeply and banked sharply in an effort to avoid the fence. The plane stalled and spun-in.

It took me 1-1/2 hours to repair the damage; but it's flyable again.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    New Club

I found out today that two friends of mine are getting into the RC hobby. One just bought a Piper Super-Cub (we both flew our planes this afternoon) and my other buddy is buying his tomorrow. I think we just started a new RC club.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    It would f-ing hurt. Go get a checkup with your GP.
    It hurts, but not as bad as that. My understanding is that the pelvis area has a rich supply of blood and that any minor issues will heal in time w/o medical care.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    It would f-ing hurt. Go get a checkup with your GP.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Emt/medic

Originally posted by Mr. Security
    My RC plane's battery shorted out and it ended up stuck 50-75 feet high in a tree. Public Works and FD said too bad. Tree service wanted $250.00 for a plane that is $140.00 new. I attempted to climb the tree (I know - dumb idea) and a branch gave way plunging me ten feet straight down on my back/pelvis region. I've been hurting ever since.

Like I said: "OUCH! I want my Mommy."
    Can you tell me what kind of symptoms I would have with a hairline-fracture of the pelvis?

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X