No announcement yet.

Hobby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really did it this time. My plane is history. A gusty day and the sun in my eyes combined to make it my last flight with this plane. It went down in a densely wooded swampy area and I can't even see it let alone recover the wreckage.

1 RC plane down and presumed destroyed: $140.00
    The agony of defeat: Priceless
    Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

New Plane

For any members that have been following this thread (I hope ):

I went for a P51 Mustang capable of reaching speeds of over 40 mph.
      That means when I crash, I can do even more damage!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Security
        For any members that have been following this thread (I hope ):

I went for a P51 Mustang capable of reaching speeds of over 40 mph.
        That means when I crash, I can do even more damage!
        Hopefully that won't happen. But if it does try to fly it somewhere you can recover it. The P51's are nice little planes. Did you get a digital radio? How many channels? If you have extra channels you can put armament on it (small rockets with size A motors)

Comment

I thought I was the only person who wanted to put Estes model rockets on anything that can drive, fly, or move...
          Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
            I thought I was the only person who wanted to put Estes model rockets on anything that can drive, fly, or move...
            Are you a closet Mythbuster?
            I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
            Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

I wish.

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
                I've been doing it since I was a kid. My first airplane was the type that you hold and go around in circles. When you moved your wrist you could make the plane go up or down with the 2 strings going to the plane. It worked great until I put 3 d-size estes motors on it to go faster. The plane went too fast and wrapped around me. I still have the scars on my leg from the burns. It was a blast (pun intended). Rockets also work good on model cars that have turning wheels.

Comment

I've built model rockets of interesting capabilities before, and launched them in areas where you really, really, need 1000 feet of clear space and a stable target.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooney
                    Hopefully that won't happen. But if it does try to fly it somewhere you can recover it. The P51's are nice little planes. Did you get a digital radio? How many channels? If you have extra channels you can put armament on it (small rockets with size A motors)
                    3 channels, but I'm not sure about the digital part. I'm going to ask an AMA instructor to fly it with me using a buddy box. I can't afford to replace it.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X