Shooting in New Hampshire

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shooting in New Hampshire

This is in a small town very near to me.

http://news.yahoo.com/chief-nearing-retirement-killed-nh-drug-bust-054117260.html

"GREENLAND, N.H. (AP) — A man opened fire on police during a drug bust Thursday night, killing a New Hampshire police chief just days from retirement and injuring four officers from other departments. Early Friday, the shooter remained holed up in the home with a woman, police said."

Listening to a local online radio/dispatch archive, it sounds as if at least 6 officers were on initial approach to the house to search a search warrant when someone inside opened up on them with a high-powered semi-auto weapon. Three officers dropped almost immediately and two more were brought down while scrambling for cover; I could hear the repeated pops from the continuing shots as the survivors were desperately calling for aid.

The story is still happening as I type; the house is currently surrounded by SWAT teams and there is active negotiation with a male and female inside (approx 5AM EDT).

Our thoughts and prayers go out to the families of Police Chief Michael Maloney and the 4 detectives who were injured. Chief Maloney was 8 days from retirement.
    "I don't do judgment. Just retrieval."

"The true triumph of reason is that it enables us to get along with those who do not possess it."

i was watching this before i went in to work, any news on the officers who were hit amd the chief? alao if the team made entry and fpund the guy?
    Sergeant Phil Esterhaus: "Hey, let's be careful out there.."

THE VIEWS EXPRESSED ON THIS WEBSITE/BLOG ARE MINE ALONE AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF MY EMPLOYER.

Comment

Update: a SWAT robot made entry into the home after negotiations failed and found 2 bodies, the suspected shooter and a female acquaintance of his. Whether it was a double-suicide or a murder-suicide hasn't been determined yet.

NH Attorney General Michael Delaney has released information about the officers who were injured:
      • Detective Gregory Turner of the Dover Police Department was treated and released for a gunshot wound to the shoulder.
      • Detective Eric Kulberg of the University of New Hampshire Police Department was treated and released for a gunshot wound to the arm.
      • Detective Scott Kukesh of the Newmarket Police Department is in the ICU with a gunshot wound to the chest and is awaiting surgery.
      • Detective Jeremiah Murphy of the Rochester Police Department is in the ICU after surgery for a gunshot wound to chest.
      • Chief Michael Maloney of the Greenland Police Department was shot and killed in the initial exchange of gunfire.
      I worked a couple of cases with Detective Murphy several years ago. I was impressed by his professionalism and compassion, and he had a great sense of humor. He left me with a very positive impression of Rochester PD.
      "I don't do judgment. Just retrieval."

"The true triumph of reason is that it enables us to get along with those who do not possess it."

Comment

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/nat...ome&position=1

The suspect is dead! GOOD! The taxpayers of New Hampshire have been saved
        countless of dollars of courtroom costs by his slime ball lawyer, and having to feed
        and cloth, and house this piece of crap!

My condoloences to the Police Chief's family and the Men and Women of New Hampshire's
        law enforment community
        http://www.laurel-and-hardy.com/ Greatest Comedy team ever!

Comment

A tragic day in Greenland. And it sounds as if Greenland PD has a rough time ahead: five officers, including the Chief, down... out of seven-person department.

That's a pretty rough casualty count by anyone's standard.

It's been a hard 24 hours on law enforcement all over: Stanislaus County, CA, had a deputy killed serving an eviction notice last night. For those not familiar with the area, that's (ostensibly) tourist country: ski areas and Gold Rush-era villages.

RIP to the fallen; full and rapid healing to the injured.
          "I'll defend with my life your right to disagree with me" - anonymous

Comment

Thoughts and prayers to all officers families. It's been rough for New England area Law Enforcement lately. Just had a Trooper shot in Chicopee
            Sergeant Phil Esterhaus: "Hey, let's be careful out there.."

THE VIEWS EXPRESSED ON THIS WEBSITE/BLOG ARE MINE ALONE AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF MY EMPLOYER.

Comment

My condolences to the families of Chief Maloney and the injured Officers; changed my avatar in memoriam...

I'm wondering about the female that was found dead with the suspect, what her involvement may have been if other than being in the wrong place at the wrong time...
              “Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left”
              "I swear to God, I'm going to pistol whip the next guy that says 'Shenanigans' "... Capt. O'Hagan, "Super Troopers"

Comment

Originally posted by copelandamuffy View Post
                http://www.bostonherald.com/news/nat...ome&position=1

The suspect is dead! GOOD! The taxpayers of New Hampshire have been saved
                countless of dollars of courtroom costs by his slime ball lawyer, and having to feed
                and cloth, and house this piece of crap!

My condoloences to the Police Chief's family and the Men and Women of New Hampshire's
                law enforment community
                My condolences to all involved. I too am glad the suspect is dead. However I do not agree with you calling his lawyer a slime ball. Did I miss something? Was there something written about him. Do you know him or was that comment just a generalization about all defense lawyers? Defense lawyers are part of the system. Do you have a better one?
                I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
                Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Originally posted by HotelSecurity View Post
                  My condolences to all involved. I too am glad the suspect is dead. However I do not agree with you calling his lawyer a slime ball. Did I miss something? Was there something written about him. Do you know him or was that comment just a generalization about all defense lawyers? Defense lawyers are part of the system. Do you have a better one?

Take a squiint at this story

http://www.myfoxboston.com/dpp/news/...level-20120405

HS; How can any good decent person defend the creeps who murdered and raped a 10 year old boy?
                  I don't get it. Let's suppose the person who shot and killed this poilce officer was captured alive
                  Beyond a shawdow of doubt the person hold up at Post Road killed this Police Officer
                  Can you honestly tell me bravo to the lawyer

I have no doubt in Monreal there has been some brutal murders
                  Without a doubt the person who did this is gulity
                  And yet his lawyer does some Voo Doo Magic, and he is set free
                  Sickening.
                  Last edited by copelandamuffy; 04-13-2012, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by copelandamuffy View Post
                    Take a squiint at this story

http://www.myfoxboston.com/dpp/news/...level-20120405

HS; How can any good decent person defend the creeps who murdered and raped a 10 year old boy?
                    I don't get it. Let's suppose the person who shot and killed this poilce officer was captured alive
                    Beyond a shawdow of doubt the person hold up at Post Road killed this Police Officer
                    Can you honestly tell me bravo to the lawyer

I have no doubt in Monreal there has been some brutal murders
                    Without a doubt the person who did this is gulity
                    And yet his lawyer does some Voo Doo Magic, and he is set free
                    Sickening.
                    Cope in Quebec we recently had a Cardiologist kill his 2 young children because his wife was leaving him. His lawyer had him found not guilty of murder due to insanity. He is now in the mental hospital but looks like he might get out soon because the doctors have decided he is no oonger insane. So yes we do have the same situations but what is your solution? Street justice? No trials? Trials with no laywers? Are you serious? This from a man who from reading your posts would give up his life protecting your constitution. Does it not say something about everyone getting a fair trial?

Comment

Cope in Quebec we recently had a Cardiologist kill his 2 young children because his wife was leaving him. His lawyer had him found not guilty of murder due to insanity. He is now in the mental hospital but looks like he might get out soon because the doctors have decided he is no oonger insane. So yes we do have the same situations but what is your solution? Street justice? No trials? Trials with no laywers? Are you serious? This from a man who from reading your posts would give up his life protecting your constitution. Does it not say something about everyone getting a fair trial?
                      What's the old saying? There is no JUstice in the Halls of Justice, Just Justice out in the Halls

About two years ago I was on Jury Duty. At or about 0730 hours the lawyers in their suits
                      and dresses gather outside the court house. They probably can sense I and others are jurors
                      They are not permitted to talk with Jurors But there were more lawyers than in the court house than
                      jurors and those standing trail

Better than me spouting my views what should we do with the Cardiogoist who killed his kids?
                      Do you think he should go free, get marrie, have kids, murder those kids?

The yellow pages of any metropolitan city. The largest listing? Not Car dealers, Not Real Estate. Not Pizza resturantt. LAWYERS

We are all aware of obsene lawsuits. In my neighborhood about 20 years ago there was a man who
                      was cleaning out his gutters full of leaves. He took his ladder and laid it against the gutters.
                      Ladder was placed close to the power line going into his home. He was on the ladder.
                      Ladder slipped being in soft ground. Long story, short story, His wife sued the manufacture of the ladder and the local power company. I never knew the outcome of the trail, but the local power company hired a lawyer, as well as the manufacture of the ladder. Any one with an ounce of brains would know not to have the ladder parked so close to the power lines

Who do you think the power company and ladder manufacture are going to roll on the cost of their lawyers?
                      YOU!!!

In our business. Allied Barton. Securitas, US Security Associates have lawyers who have defend the companies
                      from employees who have been terninated and run to a lawyer when they are fired

Employee may be late 2-3 times a week. He misses his clock rounds. He is sleeping on the job, but God forbid
                      you terminate him, he will sue
                      Last edited by copelandamuffy; 04-14-2012, 12:00 PM.

Comment

But what is the solution? According to your constitution a person is innocient until proven guilt & a person is entitled to a fair trial. If you do away with all defense lawyers how does this take place?

Comment

But what is the solution? According to your constitution a person is innocient until proven guilt & a person is entitled to a fair trial. If you do away with all defense lawyers how does this take place?
                          There is no solution, except these never ending lawsuits. HS: Could you honestly sue the power company and ladder manufacture for the negelgence of the person on ladder and no common sense of placing a ladder near a power line?
                          Comnon sense tells would tell you not to do this

I have no doubt you have had to terminate someone at your hotel. Stealing, no show over and over, poor performance on the job. not a team player. I am sure you spoke with some in authority at work I wouild bet maybe legal counsel was sought.

Could you as a lawyer stand in a court room and defend the creep who killed his kids?
                          My beef is the Trail Lawyers we are zonked with.

Many homeowners I know have what is called Umbrella Insurance. You can protect your home for up to
                          $ 5 million dollars

In a nearby community a lawsuit against the homeowner. Here is the kicker. Lawsuit was by somone
                          who broke into a home in the middle of the night. He was in the basement and tripped over a kid's bike
                          He sued the homeowner for a broken knee. HS you cannot make this up. If you were his lawyer could
                          you defend this person?

Comment

In Canada we do not have as many civil lawsuits as you do in the US & in the ones we do have the awards are not nearly as large. So keeping the civil side out of it, what about the criminal side. How does an accused get a defense if there were no lawyers?

Comment

Taboola

Collapse

300x250

Collapse

Mid 300x250

Collapse

Super Leaderboard

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X