2013 Ford Fusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 Ford Fusion

Here's a pic of the new Ford Fusion from The Detroit Auto Show. I just might have to bust my piggy bank for the hybrid model.
    Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
    Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Originally posted by Curtis Baillie View Post
    [ATTACH]1640[/ATTACH]

Here's a pic of the new Ford Fusion from The Detroit Auto Show. I just might have to bust my piggy bank for the hybrid model.

You can't put a shine on a sneaker, and Ford is a Ford!!
    http://www.laurel-and-hardy.com/ Greatest Comedy team ever!

Comment

The last new Chevy I purchased was a 1974 Impala. This was a few months before my wife and I was married. I didn't tell her about it before I bought it and that was the biggest mistake I've ever made (according to her). She thought it was the ugliest car ever made. After about 6 months I sold that car and never made the same mistake again - buying a new Chevy and not bringing her into the car buying process.

I've driven many Chevy products, mostly marked and unmarked police vehicles. All were crap vehicles. The Ford police vehicles I had ran the best and had the least amount of repairs. Beside liking the product, I buy Ford because I get the employee pricing plan...hard to beat.

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

My Grandfarther would be spinning in his grave if I ever drove a Ford. My farther-in-law would never speak to me again.

My wife learned to drive on her dad' Chevrolet Nova, and for me an Impala
        http://www.laurel-and-hardy.com/ Greatest Comedy team ever!

Comment

2013 Ford Fusion

The last new.....I've driven many Chevy products, mostly marked and unmarked police vehicles. All were crap vehicles. The Ford police vehicles I had ran the best and had the least amount of repairs. Beside liking the product, I buy Ford because I get the employee pricing plan...hard to beat.....
          Very interesting. And just the opposite of my experience. I, too, have driven many Fords and Chevrolets, also both unmarked and marked. My most recent experiences have been with Ford Tauruses, Chevrolet Impalas, and a Dodge Stratus. The Ford Tauruses very horrible as unmarked squad cars. The transmissions very awful. Specifically, when we went in for a transmission fluid flush, they had to do a double flush because they were so dirty at 50,000 miles. After our experiences, and not just me, with the Tauruses, the county refuses to buy any more Tauruses unmarked cars.

On the other hand, the Crown Victoria Police Interceptors had a great track record. They were fast and held up very well, so it is not a Chevy vs. Ford thing for me.

The next unmarked I had was a Dodge Stratus. I was a bit hesitant at first because it was so small. It turned out to be a great unmarked. Sure, it was tight squeezing a prisoner back there when I made a warrant arrest, but I managed. There was so little room in front for the Panasonic Toughbook, radios, etc. that they removed the front passenger seat!

The last unmarked I had right up until retirement was a Chevrolet Impala. Hands down the best unmarked car I ever had. No, if I had been in uniform, I suspect it would have been a bit tight with a gun belt on, but I was in civilian clothes, so it wasn't an issue for me.

I am getting a bot nostalgic here, but the worst marked car I ever had was a 6 cylinder. I think I could have ran to calls faster!

Comment

I'm a little confused. (Some on the forum say a lot confused). I have not bought a car since my 1982 Datsun 210 but are the 2013 models coming out the 2nd week of 2012?
            I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
            Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

The Fusion was introduced at the auto show yesterday and will be available for purchase in April or May of 2012. I have a 2010 Fusion that was built in March of 2009 and purchased in June of 2009. Hopes this helps you out.

Comment

Jim, your law enforcement experiences are much later than mine. In my day - we drove Dodge's with 440 Cu.In. motors. Plymouth's with 383's, Chevy's with big block motors and Ford with the 460's. Dodge and Plymouth were noted for valve problems and drive train issues. Chevy's were just all around crap.

In my undercover days I first drove a Ford Galaxy with 5 bullet holes in the drivers side. After that I had a Corvette and then a GTO. I also drove a Lincoln Mark and a Cadillac Seville. In the GTO, when working in "blue collar" neighborhoods, I would smoke the tires up and down the street, park the car and then go into a bar to gather my intelligence. Nobody gave it a second thought that I may be a cop. My partner also had a little terrier that would sit between us on a bar-stool and drink peppermint schnapps out of a shot glass. That dog was a great ice-breaker, if you know what I mean.
                Last edited by Curtis Baillie; 01-10-2012, 07:20 PM.

Comment

In the GTO, when working in "blue collar" neighborhoods, I would smoke the tires up and down the street, park the car and then go into a bar to gather my intelligence. Nobody gave it a second thought that I may be a cop. My partner also had a little terrier that would sit between us on a bar-stool and drink peppermint schnapps out of a shot glass. That dog was a great ice-breaker, if you know what I mean.
                  Funny you mention that. We had an undercover guy pull off a blind gig with a guide dog. He'd sit in the corner of the bar night after night and people seemed to equate him being blind with being deaf or something. Anyway, everyone made friends with the dog (even bikers are suckers for dogs) and then they'd sit down at the next table or booth, doing their thing and talking loud just like he was part of the furniture. He never had a bit of problem overhearing their conversations or seeing what they were doing. We got another guy into a really tight bar by having him stopped and his car "impounded" in front of the place, leaving him standing in the road with a "ticket" in his hand. I think he even threw a rock at the tow truck as it was leaving. Everyone in the bar was watching this little scene. Well, of course he needed a phone, and a drink or two, and he hated the bastard cops who "stole" his ride, and...he fit right in with his new friends.

On the car model thing, I'm trying to think of something I didn't drive on duty one time or another - including pickups, vans and motorcycles. I don't think I ever drove a Renault, but I might have. Every make and model had its own pluses and minuses, but overall, if you threw me the keys to any car and told me to chase a guy down the road in it, I would hope they were the keys to a Crown Vic Interceptor, any year, any performance package. Second choice - anything but a Plymouth. I'd pick two circus clowns pushing me in a baby buggy over a Plymouth. Now, if you told me to drive it to the transmission shop that'd be different, but I'd be praying it wasn't more than a couple of blocks away.

I'm liking that Fusion pretty good myself - over 100 mpg's? Hoowa! They use petroleum products to make sneaker soles, and I'm not sure you'd get 100 mpg out of your Keds. (The Fusion looks an awful lot like the BMW 3 series with just a little more rake, don't you think?).

ADDENDUM: No - make that the BMW 550i.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by SecTrainer; 01-11-2012, 02:12 PM.
                  "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

I think the front end looks like the Maserati.

Comment

I think the front end bears a striking resemblance to the Aston Martin

Click image for larger version

Name:	Aston Martin.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	7.4 KB
ID:	221327 Aston Martin

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ford Fusion.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	10.1 KB
ID:	221328 Ford Fusion
                      Last edited by cmndr; 01-12-2012, 12:32 AM.
                      Professionalism through Training

Comment

I think the front end has hues similar to the 2013 Ford Taurus (which I want!!). I am a big Ford guy. As soon as the wifes 1999 Plymouth Breeze dies (currently on life support with about 128K miles), she wants a '10-'12 Ford Fusion (I basically told her to find a Ford vehicle she liked as I wouldnt buy a NOPAR, Chevy or a foreign job.) We just put money in to it for front suspension work as a new car isnt in the budget so this crapper has to last.

I will never throw any kind of cash down for a electric or hybrid POS, Ford or otherwise.
                        "I am not a hero. I am a silent guardian, a watchful protector"

Comment

Originally posted by FireEMSPolice View Post
                          I think the front end has hues similar to the 2013 Ford Taurus (which I want!!). I am a big Ford guy. As soon as the wifes 1999 Plymouth Breeze dies (currently on life support with about 128K miles), she wants a '10-'12 Ford Fusion (I basically told her to find a Ford vehicle she liked as I wouldnt buy a NOPAR, Chevy or a foreign job.) We just put money in to it for front suspension work as a new car isnt in the budget so this crapper has to last.

I will never throw any kind of cash down for a electric or hybrid POS, Ford or otherwise.
                          Do you have one? Are you talking from personal experience? I'm sold on them and will be getting another this summer.
                          Last edited by Curtis Baillie; 01-17-2012, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Do you have one? Are you talking from personal experience?
                            Have what? A hybrid or electric? No, I will never own one as I said. I also used to work at a Ford dealer. I just dont believe in this green crap.
                            "I am not a hero. I am a silent guardian, a watchful protector"

Comment

OK, Just wondering. It's not about being green for me, I leave that to Kermit. It's all about the MPGs.
                              Last edited by Curtis Baillie; 01-17-2012, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X