Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spamers

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Spamers

    Is it just me or is everyone here getting annoyed with the constant flow of spamers peddling ****o and what not? I understand that this being a website its hard to restrict access but still. I belong to several forums and with the exception of this one every site appoints several members to act as moderators and they have control and can lock threads and ban users. Why couldn't we do that here? Something needs to be done anyways. Just my opinion.

  • #2
    Contact the administrator of the website using "contact us" at the bottom of the website.

    I have already been told that no person who is not an employee of Cygnus Business Media is authorized to have any moderator status on a CBM site. We're basically stuck unless there's a policy change.
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

    "Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
      Contact the administrator of the website using "contact us" at the bottom of the website.

      I have already been told that no person who is not an employee of Cygnus Business Media is authorized to have any moderator status on a CBM site. We're basically stuck unless there's a policy change.
      Well thats lame, but I can certainly understand their point. My only point is the sites I belong to that use user-moderators spam is non-existent. If spam does get on, then it is almost immediately removed by them. The good part is by having so many then you are guarunteed to have at least 1 on at any time. I'm just getting tired of seeing ****o ads on here. I know it takes up space on the server - space that could be used discussing a legitamate topic. I like this site a lot and enjoy the information I get from the legitamate members on here as well as being able to pass along my information. What I don't like is the company that owns it. Seems too commercial for my tastes but ohwell nothings perfect.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Michael Ledgerwood
        Well thats lame, but I can certainly understand their point. My only point is the sites I belong to that use user-moderators spam is non-existent. If spam does get on, then it is almost immediately removed by them. The good part is by having so many then you are guarunteed to have at least 1 on at any time. I'm just getting tired of seeing ****o ads on here. I know it takes up space on the server - space that could be used discussing a legitamate topic. I like this site a lot and enjoy the information I get from the legitamate members on here as well as being able to pass along my information. What I don't like is the company that owns it. Seems too commercial for my tastes but ohwell nothings perfect.
        I'm on quite a few vBulletin based sites, and none of them have spam. Officer.com doesn't have spam, either, because it has 30,000 users and an entire team of company employee moderators.

        Of course, one thing to remember is that every user on o.com is a potential purchaser of the companies that advertise, since they're end-users of law enforcement products.

        Here, the end user of security integrator products doesn't purchase them. The integrator and installer, the demographic that Cygnus Security Group works towards, is the eyes that the advertisers are after.
        Some Kind of Commando Leader

        "Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Michael Ledgerwood
          Is it just me or is everyone here getting annoyed with the constant flow of spamers peddling ****o and what not? I understand that this being a website its hard to restrict access but still. I belong to several forums and with the exception of this one every site appoints several members to act as moderators and they have control and can lock threads and ban users. Why couldn't we do that here? Something needs to be done anyways. Just my opinion.
          Report the post and it will go away if it spam. Thanks.

          Geoff (SIW editor, administrator, moderator, content aggregator, etc.)

          Comment

          Leaderboard

          Collapse
          Working...
          X