Top Secret Clearance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Secret Clearance

Does anyone knows how much a top secret clearance might cost?
    I've heard it cost some crazy amount of money.

You can't just buy one. You have to work for a company that has a need.

Comment

Originally posted by armoredbluejay View Post
      Does anyone knows how much a top secret clearance might cost?
      I've heard it cost some crazy amount of money.
      You're probably better off ignoring advice on how to get a clearance from someone who has never had a clearance.

Every company that I've worked for that required a clearance generally hired former military who still had their clearance active.

A Secret Clearance can run anywhere between 500 & 1000 bucks. An actual TSCI (Top Secret Compartmentalized Information) security clearance starts out around 4000 but can cost you up to 10k. Very few contract security firms are going to lay out that kind of money for a prospective employee.

Comment

Originally posted by Ingio Montoya View Post

You're probably better off ignoring advice on how to get a clearance from someone who has never had a clearance.

Every company that I've worked for that required a clearance generally hired former military who still had their clearance active.

A Secret Clearance can run anywhere between 500 & 1000 bucks. An actual TSCI (Top Secret Compartmentalized Information) security clearance starts out around 4000 but can cost you up to 10k. Very few contract security firms are going to lay out that kind of money for a prospective employee.
        I don't know a lot about American security clearances, but Squid's right about the Canadian ones. I have a secret clearance myself, and I have friends who have Top Secret and are involved in processing. There may be some disreputable companies out there that try to pass on the cost to the employee, but it's the employer who pays for it, and you can't just go out and "get the clearance".

Comment

Originally posted by Ingio Montoya View Post

I have a clearance.

You obviously failed to read the question. You can't go and buy a clearance, you have to have a need for one, and a company who will sponsor you. Your inability to read past your attitude indicates exactly why you are always wrong.

Next time you post BS, try and figure out what you're trying to say. You spend more time making up things on this board than there are hours in the day.

Read more. Post less.

Comment

Originally posted by Consolewatcher View Post

I don't know a lot about American security clearances, but Squid's right about the Canadian ones. I have a secret clearance myself, and I have friends who have Top Secret and are involved in processing. There may be some disreputable companies out there that try to pass on the cost to the employee, but it's the employer who pays for it, and you can't just go out and "get the clearance".
            I never said you can "just go get a clearance." I said that very few contract companies (HSS,G4S, AUS) would spend that much money on a PROSPECTIVE employee.

Comment

The governing precedent in clearances is need. There is no way to pay for one, as it is only given out to those who have a legitimate need for one. Most employers do not want to spend the money for a full-blown background check so for positions that need a clearance they look at people who are already in the system. The most basic clearance level is known as a public trust. Not too hard to get and is mildly non-evasive. Pretty much a background check with a credit check. The next level is a secret clearance and this process can get pretty evasive. Interviews with friends, neighbors and even ex-wives with a possible lie detector. The next level is TS which is top secret, expect a full rotor rooter check. Expect a spinal tap(those things hurt like an SOB), interview with past teachers, lovers, massive psyche evaluations, and a complete check of everything you have ever done in your life. Expect the OPM or FBI to visit any and everyone you may have ever had any contact in your life. There are higher levels out there but those are usually department specific.

The way a clearance works is that you have to have a need to know. If you have a top secret clearance you can not just go look at everything that is at a secret level clearance.

A little unknown fact is that when you leave out the military you have already pretty much earned a secret clearance. Depending on when you left the service it may still be active. Even so, the turn around time for people who previously held clearances is much quicker so this also adds to the reason security companies actively seek military and law enforcement for this ability.
              Confronted with the choice, the American people would choose the policeman's truncheon over the anarchist's bomb.
              Spiro Agnew

Why yes I am a glorified babysitter , I am here to politely ask you to follow the rules , if not daddy comes to spank you and put you in time out its your choice - Me

Luck is a red hair woman , if you ever dated one you know there remarkably dangerous , my personal preference is to be competent and let luck join the ride if she so chooses .- Clint Smith

Comment

300x250

Collapse

Mid 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Super Leaderboard

Collapse
              Working...
              X