X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Consolewatcher
    replied
    Originally posted by Ingio Montoya View Post

Brawl in the parking lot? Stay in the car, call the police. If you are NOT ALLOWED to call the police HUGE red flag.
    That depends; I've worked for reputable companies/organizations that generally said to their guards "call your supervisor/client instead of calling the police". Of course, that also came with the warning "if you feel your safety, or the safety of others is in danger, or if you think it's an urgent matter then call the police". Companies/organizations don't generally want the guards to be the one to decide to call the police for non-urgent matters.

Leave a comment:

• Ingio Montoya
    replied
    Originally posted by rekaepa View Post
    I'm expected to convince loiterers to leave. i arrived at a site on my list and there was a brawl in the rear parking lot.
    I'm going to look at other options because this is crazy.

​​​
    Brawl in the parking lot? Stay in the car, call the police. If you are NOT ALLOWED to call the police HUGE red flag.

Leave a comment:

• rekaepa
    replied
    thanks for the replies everyone.!

Leave a comment:

• rekaepa
    replied
    I'm expected to convince loiterers to leave. i arrived at a site on my list and there was a brawl in the rear parking lot.
    I'm going to look at other options because this is crazy.

​​​

Leave a comment:

• Ingio Montoya
    replied
    Before we can answer that question we have to know what it is exactly that you're expected to do. If you don't have to interact with the street slime you're probably OK

Leave a comment:

• Condo Guard
    replied
    The short answer is, TOII is right. I'm surprised you're a patrolman with no equipment. Most of the patrol guys I've seen carry something, at least OC spray and handcuffs.

There is a broader question here, which is when is unarmed security too dangerous? I'd say the simple formula is look at the risk, the pay and what you are expected to do. If I'm just an o & r guard in a protected booth, then a certain amount of risk might be OK, because I'm basically safe. If the pay were much higher and you were unarmed, then you figure out if that's worth it to you.

Looks to me like you work in a high crime area. So, $14.00 an hour is too low a wage, and your co. is nuts to have you driving around with nothing.

https://www.neighborhoodscout.com/ca/pomona/crime
    Last edited by Condo Guard; 05-03-2017, 09:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

• TOII
    replied
    I would be finding something else first then walking

Leave a comment:

• rekaepa
    started a topic am i working a dangerous post??

am i working a dangerous post??

Greetings! New to the site. I've been doing security for 11 months and recently changed employer. it's a patrol job, unarmed, solo, no gear, in the city of pomona for all of the "quikemarts".
    i don't know if maybe im in the minority here but i feel like this is too dangerous. pays 14 an hour. hostile homeless people and gangbangers and all i got is a pen and note pad and phone
    would you walk from this?
    I need answers.
    thanks in advance.
    I hope this is in the right section

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X