Some Advise please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Advise please

Howdy folks, I'll soon be starting my SIA (Security Industry Authority) Training in Security Guarding and CCTV Operations.

I know you're in America and all that but I am sure we all use the same methods and roughly the same systems to catch those naughty little tea leafs.

I was hoping some of you could input some advice for watching people and just other general CCTV suggestions.

At Comet I was not allowed to use the Camera system because I was not SIA trained to do so nor was I a long term member of management so any input you can give would be great. I'll be taking an SIA exam also so I would really like to learn what I can from experienced officers.

Thanks in advance guys!
    Ewfr 'Gomulee - EuwFer 'Gom-You-Lee
    Court Security Officer - Her Majesty's Courts Service HMCS

Originally posted by Ewfr 'Gomulee View Post
    Howdy folks, I'll soon be starting my SIA (Security Industry Authority) Training in Security Guarding and CCTV Operations.

I know you're in America and all that but I am sure we all use the same methods and roughly the same systems to catch those naughty little tea leafs.

I was hoping some of you could input some advice for watching people and just other general CCTV suggestions.

At Comet I was not allowed to use the Camera system because I was not SIA trained to do so nor was I a long term member of management so any input you can give would be great. I'll be taking an SIA exam also so I would really like to learn what I can from experienced officers.

Thanks in advance guys!
    That's pretty broad. Watching people in what circumstance? CCTV - what application? You have asked two very broad based questions.
    Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
    Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

Warehouse CCTV and external Building CCTV (Wall mounted Camera and carpark cameras.)

Comment

Please don't use the PTZs to folow attractive young women. If you do, please don't save the video. If you do, please don't put it on YouTube.
        The CCTV Blog.

"Expert" is something like "leader". It's not a title that you can ever claim for yourself no matter what you might know or might have done. It's a title that others bestow on you based on their assessment of what you know and what you have done.

-SecTrainer

Comment

I hear you loud and clear
          why would I ever do a think like that?

Comment

Originally posted by CameraMan View Post
            Please don't use the PTZs to folow attractive young women. If you do, please don't save the video. If you do, please don't put it on YouTube.
            Funny.... One of my new Loss Prevention Agents was talking over in our store's camera room today (which is next door to my office) and I overheard it. He was saying something about printing off a picture of this "hot chick". So I go next door to make sure they aren't using the CCTV system for personal pleasure and I was shocked. The "hot chick" he was watching was my wife who was in the store to surprise me with lunch

Talk about being flattered and defensive at the same time

Every day is a new experience, thats for sure.

Justice_Hound
            LP Manager
            We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.
            -George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Justice_Hound View Post
              Funny.... One of my new Loss Prevention Agents was talking over in our store's camera room today (which is next door to my office) and I overheard it. He was saying something about printing off a picture of this "hot chick". So I go next door to make sure they aren't using the CCTV system for personal pleasure and I was shocked. The "hot chick" he was watching was my wife who was in the store to surprise me with lunch

Talk about being flattered and defensive at the same time

Every day is a new experience, thats for sure.

Justice_Hound
              LP Manager
              Just curious, but how embarrassed was the agent
              "Life In Every Breath"

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
              Working...
              X