Distance learning in the States from Europe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distance learning in the States from Europe

Hi, guys, maybe you could help me to find info about distance learning in the States. Nowadays I can't attend to any course there because I am in Europe and that would be too expensive. I would like to learn as much as possible about EP, security services, shooting, ..., anything useful in the real world.
    Thanks a lot for your help.
    Keep safe.

Originally posted by mohican View Post
    Hi, guys, maybe you could help me to find info about distance learning in the States. Nowadays I can't attend to any course there because I am in Europe and that would be too expensive. I would like to learn as much as possible about EP, security services, shooting, ..., anything useful in the real world.
    Thanks a lot for your help.
    Keep safe.
    I'd stay away from the distance learning shooting courses
    I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
    Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Where in Europe are you coming from ?

There are plenty of UK based training courses that are accredited as well - not sure of where you are living and your course requirements. Run a search on e-learning and see how you go for your requirements.
      "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

Your profile says that your an MP in the Spanish Marines, do they not conduct exercises/courses with other NATO nations? Have you tried asking the senior ranks in your unit on such, that's where I'd start.
        I'm the guy you don't want to be around when your doing something wrong, but you can't wait for me to get there when your down, to fix you up...

If you don't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Comment

You might check out Executive Security International (ESI) - they have both residency and distance courses. Click on "Distance Education" at the bottom of their menu on the left side of the page.
          Last edited by SecTrainer; 02-08-2008, 05:03 AM.
          "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

Originally posted by HotelSecurity View Post
            That's right, practical shooting is practical, distance learning isn't available, of course. I am more interested in learning all I could learn in the distance from here, Spain.

As far as military courses there are no courses available for me, it would be too long to explain it, but I won't be awarded to attend to any course, I must worry for my own concerns. That's why I am looking for distance learning courses, meanwhile I can't attend to a course.

Thank you everybody for your help and attention.

Comment

Mohican when I did my training in the UK (5 day CPP and later another 4 day CPP) in 1998, I was aware of these courses being run in Spain but as to where not sure. Personally I would look at ESI (very good reputation and 2 other colleagues praised them) as well as a few others.

It all depends on WHAT training you wish to do. Most course can be reviewed to fit any military training as due to the fact I spent 1 day in firearms as MP5's, Mach's and anything similar are not permitted here (Australia), I still had to know how to use and operate the equipment that MAY be in another country.

Combat and Survival magazine has alot of advertisements for private training courses in the UK
              "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

Thank you, guys, for your help. I will be watching about all the data you have given.

Take care.

Comment

Try these

http://nccphp.sph.unc.edu/training/index.html good site for classes

https://www.saferesponse.com/ good site for classes

http://www.training.fema.gov/ go to the independent study area

http://www.ualbanycphp.org/ has a few courses

Comment

Originally posted by HotelSecurity View Post
                    Unless it's a sniper school.
                    Jerry
                    http://personalprotectionconcepts.info

Comment

Originally posted by jmaccauley View Post
                      Unless it's a sniper school.
                      Or an ICBM technician training course. Your dissertation is the total destruction of the Indian subcontinent (drawn at random).
                      The CCTV Blog.

"Expert" is something like "leader". It's not a title that you can ever claim for yourself no matter what you might know or might have done. It's a title that others bestow on you based on their assessment of what you know and what you have done.

-SecTrainer

Comment

Thank you so much, guys, for your help.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X