Looking for cheaper book seller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for cheaper book seller

I am looking at taking a course on fire prevention and the book requirement is SAFETY MANAGERS GUIDE TO FIRE PROTECTION.

NFPA is the author and sells it for $93, any one know of cheaper sales points? Possibly that you have used in the past.
    I would consider the public library and copy it but there is small issue of copyright.
    Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted.
    Groucho Marx

I just ran a search for it myself ............... nope sorry - seems they have the distribution all sewn up. My Australian Stds for Risk Mangement are 2 x 1/4" thick books at at about $255 US for both - they were included with my course thankfully. From the supplier you could have had them in .PDF form (which is probably better) for quoting and more portable with a notebook. Perhaps someone has them 2nd hand for you ? Copyright is 10% of the original content - not sure if you could technically copy 10% x 10 times or not.

Oh just a thought - what about at some college or tertiary places for text books ? Usually give out 10-15% less than most places.
    "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

While we're on the subject, anyone know of a good place for security related books online? I've been buying from Amazon, but...
      The CCTV Blog.

"Expert" is something like "leader". It's not a title that you can ever claim for yourself no matter what you might know or might have done. It's a title that others bestow on you based on their assessment of what you know and what you have done.

-SecTrainer

Comment

The college bookstore was even more, but good suggestion I will keep looking.

I have bought books through the ASIS website CameraMan.
        Groucho Marx

Comment

There are heaps and heaps of places to buy online for security books in the USA. Some are just crap and others are pure gospel. Many are for the author to get rich and others are very good reference books - even after all this time I still refer to mine (even my law books too). Best one to point you directly would be our Mods Mr Curtis or Mr N.A. Esq or I would suggest Sec Trainer as these blokes may have direct contacts for you.

I could have bought a house with what I have spent on reference manuals over the years - as the other half reminds me when I box them up again.
          "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

Looking for cheaper book seller

There always e bay.
            CAPTAIN KOOLAID 9594

oh ya

Comment

I have received some of my best prices on books by buying directly from the author - plus they are all autographed.
              Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
              Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

http://www.half.com is the best place I have found for cheap professional/academic books. Unfortunately they do not seem to have any copies of "SAFETY MANAGERS GUIDE TO FIRE PROTECTION"
                "A good deed’s like pissing yourself in dark pants. Warm feeling but no one notices." - Jacob Taylor

Comment

I have worked in the Security field for over 20 years, and have said no to many people during that time who have asked for things. One thing that (almost) always could be counted on though, was advice from coworkers in the same field.

I have found the people on this site to be solution providers and I thank you.
                  Groucho Marx

Comment

Eric, as long as you were polite and had an official reason to say NO, you should not have any problem asking for assistance in the furtherance of your career.
                    Our public library here in Haymarket has a complete set of NFPA and OSHA booklets. Maybe your public library offers that same service.
                    Enjoy the day,
                    Bill

Comment

Eric Factory Mutual was one of my post a few years ago and this is what they specialize in. Their fire testing labs are the best. I would give them a call as they are world wide and may even send you the material free.. Google them for one near you.
                      THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A 911 CALL IS FOUR MINUTES
                      THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A .357 MAGNUM ROUND IS 1400 FEET PER SECOND?
                      http://www.boondocksaints.com/

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X