Ifpo A Ripoff !! ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ifpo A Ripoff !! ?

i order a course from IFPO and have not recieved it yet, i has yet to come in the mail, and everytime i call i get a message machine please leave your name and number, doesnt matter the time of the day i call either, i call at 8 am my time 11 thiers, 6 am my time 8 am theirs, 2 pm my time 4pm theirs... no answers what so ever... has any one had a problem with them ?

Order date: 10/22/2007. that was my order date..
    Its not how we die that counts.....
    Its not how we lived that counts....
    all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

Originally posted by UtahProtectionForce View Post
    i order a course from IFPO and have not recieved it yet, i has yet to come in the mail, and everytime i call i get a message machine please leave your name and number, doesnt matter the time of the day i call either, i call at 8 am my time 11 thiers, 6 am my time 8 am theirs, 2 pm my time 4pm theirs... no answers what so ever... has any one had a problem with them ?

Order date: 10/22/2007. that was my order date..
    That hasn't been my experience with them. I wouldn't say they have "Amazon.com" delivery speed, but don't think it took more than a couple of weeks to get their stuff.
    "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

While it's been awhile since I've dealt with them, I had nothing but good to great experiences with them.

Comment

The IFPO, if I remember correctly, is run by a snowbird (A Canadian National who drives/flies down to Florida every winter cause its warm there.)

In other words, its run by a single woman, not a huge massive corporation.
        Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

I have had great responce from them.

I think they just dont like you.

Try useing the e-mail address on their site.
          www.oramsecurity.com

Comment

What is IFPO?

Hey UtahProtectionForce, what's up?

I have to ask, what is the IFPO, and how does it relate to security? I have heard of many of the things where only the initials for the words are used (sorry, I know the proper terminology for this, but for the life of me cannot remember it ), like the FBI, CIA, USMC, ect, but I don't recognize some of them used on this site like the IFPO, CPP, POOP, whoops, forget about that last one, with having had three little ones, I know that one all to well.

I have seen so many of the initials used on these posts, and without my feeble old mind understanding most of them, I wish we had a thread to go to so they could be looked up.

Oh well, have a great day.

Comment

www.ifpo.org
              “Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left”
              "I swear to God, I'm going to pistol whip the next guy that says 'Shenanigans' "... Capt. O'Hagan, "Super Troopers"

Comment

Perhaps it is mailed out after your cheque / Visa etc. has cleared.
                Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted.
                Groucho Marx

Comment

credit card, cleared day of....
                  all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

Comment

wierd

Well,
                    thats definately wierd. When I took my CPO and CSSM I received the stuff in the mail like lickety split. Good luck
                    We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.
                    -George Orwell

Comment

well i emailed them , they are resending the materials.. hopefully they will get here soon...

Comment

What courses are you looking at completing ?

I looked again today - ashame nothing is certified for Australia ............ just more generic studies but useful no doubt.
                        "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

Originally posted by NRM_Oz View Post
                          What courses are you looking at completing ?

I looked again today - ashame nothing is certified for Australia ............ just more generic studies but useful no doubt.
                          The IFPO certs aren't officially recognized by any government or licensing agency, including the U.S., are they? In other words, IFPO certs are probably about as meaningful for someone in Australia as they would be for someone in the US.
                          "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

Agreed but again anything that can help make your job easier or promote a better work culture is going to help. We have basically bugger all in the line of training for our industry here apart from workplace safety (done them all), some risk management stuff (well can't do anymore) and security training (apart from doing alarms and dog handling certs) which have been completed.

I don't think the costs are over the top and if it means greater knowledge then that is the whole design of the course too. Does it come with a free set of steak knives ?
                            "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

I recieved my certification in approximately 3 weeks after test taking. I'm not sure what the hold up is.

Be Safe,

Hank
                              " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X