Ifpo Cpo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ifpo Cpo

Just boought the class, wish me well, materials should be here in a few days i hope.
    Its not how we die that counts.....
    Its not how we lived that counts....
    all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

Don't let the amount of information get you down, plan regular study times.

Eric CPO & CPP
    Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted.
    Groucho Marx

Comment

Good luck I'm taking the test next month. Actually got the book free from our corporate library but only get to keep it for 30 days so gotta hurry
      SecurityProfessional is Back up and running!

Comment

Good luck

328 questions seems like a lot, but it'll go by fairly quick if you've retained what you got out of the CPO manual...

Trust me... I got up at like 5 am on the day of my exam, and reread alot of the manual only hours prior to taking it to refresh; IIRC, I scored an 86...

The test is also percentage based... I took the 100 question practice exam and got 26 out of 100 incorrect, and figured I was screwed. My instructor said don't worry, on a 328 question exam, you could literally get about 90 questions wrong and still pass... But, don't use that as a good example. As they say in the army, "Go for what you know"...
        “Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left”
        "I swear to God, I'm going to pistol whip the next guy that says 'Shenanigans' "... Capt. O'Hagan, "Super Troopers"

Comment

oh btw is there a place that will tell ya how many people are certified in your area ? as i have seen in other peoples postings that they have said there are x number of people certified in my area, if any one has access to that data can they tell me how many there are in salt lake city area ?
          all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

Comment

Good luck - in my final exam as a Risk Manager we had 3 hours, open book, 2 desks, access to tea and coffee - you name it. Most people did not finish the exam in the 3 hours and I was one of the lucky ones who did and got a perfect score - but you need to relax and go with what you can answer first - THEN come back to those more difficult questions. I was shocked to find out my results but in the end - a pass is a pass and a good result for YOU. Best of Luck.
            "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

side note how long did it take to get your materials ?

Comment

I found the CPO program to be basically worthless for someone who has been in the business for any period of time. The CPP on the other hand has a lot of value. Although I have worked with CPP's that were a whole lot better at security theory than they are at practice.

Comment

Originally posted by CorpSec View Post
                  I found the CPO program to be basically worthless for someone who has been in the business for any period of time. The CPP on the other hand has a lot of value. Although I have worked with CPP's that were a whole lot better at security theory than they are at practice.
                  For its intended purpose - basic training - it's okay, but no better than that. It certainly could be better.

It also suffers from being co-written by lots of different authors, which results in a lack of continuity from section to section, and repetitiousness as well as uneven writing styles. The other criticism I would offer is that the book was produced on the cheap and lacks in publishing "production value" - basically just a lot of dense text with scattered low-quality illustrations, which I think makes it extremely boring. Unfortunately, the same can be said of many security books, such as The Effective Security Officer's Training Manual (2nd Ed.) by Ralph Brislin. However, I think the page layout of that book with its wide margins and room for notes makes it more readable and useful.

If you've taken college courses recently, you know that the technology of text book production today is such that books can be linked to CD-ROMs, websites, "virtual" study groups, etc., all of which add interactivity and keep material current. For some reason, though, this isn't penetrating the security field much yet - perhaps because most of the books come from only a couple of publishers, so there's little competition.
                  Last edited by SecTrainer; 10-30-2007, 12:49 PM.
                  "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X