Airsoft used in low cost FoF training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airsoft used in low cost FoF training

I routinely attend local military engagement style airsoft bouts and I've always wondered if a group of security folk could possibly organize local training using realistic airsoft handguns and long guns in likely scenarios?

I have heard of LE using AS or simunitions in training, but there is no semblance of camraderie between security that I've seen. At least nothing like that seen by cops. Most of the officers in my company don't even know each other.
    sigpicMy ideal security vehicle and uniforms:

air soft for trained

Air soft for training great idea. works well for law enforcement for 3 reason they have funds they can cross training with other agencies and they have more man power to train in lg numbers. Where most security agencies try cut one another's neck get contacted. Then most security agencies are under man or just have enough to cover all there post. We come back to funding most security agencies are to cheap buy a vest ammo duty rig what do you think there going say about airsoft?
    CAPTAIN KOOLAID 9594

oh ya

Comment

www.Kapowwe.com I believe you can get the most info from a site such as this.
      I do security for work; I run into burning buildings for fun

Comment

things need to change in the industry and they need to change now before the country turns into Detroit from Robocop

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Jessee View Post
          things need to change in the industry and they need to change now before the country turns into Detroit from Robocop
          Hey Hoss, this is Houston, with Katrina/Rita people still here. This is worse then Detroit from Robocop! lol

Comment

"Can you fly Bobby?"

That movie cracks me up. I can't get through an episode of That 70s show without saying "I WORK FOR DICK JONES!"
            since I spawned this thread, I think I can derail it here a sec. What kind of "Katrina Evacuee" stories do you have, Blade?- if any.

I'm not attacking everyone of them, I lived in Houma for a few years here. I mean the ones that are doing the same thing here in Houston that they did in NO: Felonies and Class As
            Last edited by Ron Jessee; 08-28-2007, 11:48 PM. Reason: clarification

Comment

now you know how i feel

Originally posted by Blade Runner View Post
              Hey Hoss, this is Houston, with Katrina/Rita people still here. This is worse then Detroit from Robocop! lol
              i lived and worked in new orleans and still work there but i live in metairie now.
              CAPTAIN KOOLAID 9594

oh ya

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt koolaid View Post
                i lived and worked in new orleans and still work there but i live in metairie now.
                I was REALLY close to becoming a P/O for St. Charles parish. Wound up moving to Phoenix instead, but I'd rather not get into that one. My ex-in-laws are both P/O's with Jefferson Parish. They tried to get me in there, but evidentily (so they said) the recruiter does/did not like them, so I did not get hired on there.

Comment

Lived in Terrebonne parish for a while. nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to ride out a cat 3 hurricane there.

One of the POs I know here is on a HRT squad that gets a lot of evacuee warrants to serve. He said that they pull all kinds of armor and long guns off these guys that were scavanged from barracks or squad cars in NO.

Metarie is pretty cool, but seems to be a great place to catch up on your sleep. How's the crime there?

Comment

crime in metairie

One my details has had a $600.00 painting stolen ,10,000.00 atm stolen afew fist fights, so fally slow.
                    CAPTAIN KOOLAID 9594

oh ya

Comment

When I first saw the AirSoft guns I immediately thought of them as toys. Then we were taught some new (ok, updated) techniques for drawing, firing and CQB-or Bldg clearing. My bass, at that time, gave me his AS gun as it fit in my holster to practice the new techniques. I was working graves at a very small Community college campus (less than 25 bldgs).

I would get my bldgs checked ASAP, and the spend the rest of the shift practicing over and over. Just like learning anything new I started out very slow and methodical, gradually speeding it up. I became fluid and proficient enough that in three days of this sort of practice I blazed through the next range. No pun intended, kinda

So, yes, I am a believer in utilizing these former toys for training. They are cost effective, can match your existing duty gear, replicate the weight and feel for the gun, as well as provide one with the dauntless malfunction drills. Especially, if you want to get two shots off, just pretend the second was a misfire and go through your drill.

Besides, if asked I still have no idea why parts of that campus looks like it suffered about two inches of orange hail
                      ~Super Ninja Sniper~
                      Corbier's Commandos

Nemo me impune lacessit

Grammical and Spelling errors may occur form time to time. Yoov bin worned

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X