No announcement yet.

Cell Phones need to be a Life Saftey tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are EDAC frequencies digital too? I can monitor those.
    I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
    Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Originally posted by HotelSecurity View Post
      Are EDAC frequencies digital too? I can monitor those.
      Some are, some are not. If you can hear them, they are not digital. Ericsson/EDACS originally tried to defeat scanneristas with those annoying "GE jingle" tones or the five beeping tones after every transmission, but with the advent of "trunktracking" scanners, that was not a problem.

Comment

I am a strong believer in the use of cell phones as a life line. There have many times when my radio ceased to work, or my radio's battery died or in a bad area where my radio could not catch a repeater tower. I use my phone often but not too much in view of the public unless it was an emergency.

Be safe,

Hank
        " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

Having an (unobtrusive) bluetooth headset is one way to prevent people from knowing that you're on the phone. In some circumstances, it is just as needed to be able to make a quiet phone call as it is to make a quiet radio call.
          Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
          Working...
          X