Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AAR-LMS Defense EP Basic Course

AAR-EP Basic LMS-Defense (www.lmsdefense.com):
    I just finished the 60 hour (although it was more like 90 hours) basic course in executive and dignitary protection by LMS Defense. Although they have classes all over, I took the one in Arizona (there are classes coming up in Las Vegas 6/07).
    We arrived Sunday w/ thoughts of a relaxing evening before the beginning of training on Monday…well here's the rub: EP doesn’t work that way and this is a real world class.
    I don’t want to spoil the surprises so I’ll keep it vague, but when you show up: stand-by to stand-by…
    It was an intensive program covering planning, driving, tactics, medical, and firearms. There was very little time spent sitting in the classroom (which I liked). Most of it was in the field, hands-on, training.
    The students came from all over the U.S. and all walks of life: sales, marketing, military, law enforcement, fire protection, the restaurant biz, security, and teaching. However, by following the detailed curriculum our teams were able to address the assignments issued and through teamwork accomplish the tasks.
    By Tuesday we felt like it was Wed. or Thurs. Amazingly by Friday and after days of little sleep and tight confines the students were still upbeat and focused on doing their best at each job. I was amazed at the positive attitude the staff and students exhibited throughout the training. I was truly impressed by all of the other students…not one a**clown in the whole bunch.
    If you have any desire to get into the fields of dignitary or executive protection I would strongly recommend this course. As a result of contacts made through the lead instructor, one of the students actually began the interview process with a very exclusive protection detail based out of Washington D.C.
    Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom, and then lost it, have never known it again. -R.R.

Great info, Beach! That is a growing segment of our business.

Thank you
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." G. Orwell

Comment

This looks like a spam post considering Beach posted the exact same thing on these two other sites:

http://www.bodyguardcareers.com/exec...ction-schools/

http://www.indeed.com/forum/job/dire...-training.html

Comment

Sorry I didn't respond sooner I was in an area w/ no internet...this is not spam; it is my opinion on a valuable class. Unfortunately I frequently work in areas w/ limited access to the web, but I will post when I can.
        That being said, my first post should not have been an AAR on one company. I apologize for this but it was merely my intention to relate information I believe to be important for those in the EP/DP field.
        Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom, and then lost it, have never known it again. -R.R.

Comment

While it looks like spam, quite frankly, we're having this conversation because its below the threshold for deletion. All users are reminded to keep all security-related advertisements in the Vendor Forum. A one shot passing AAR is not the threshold for spam messages, however.

If Beach is actually attempting to engage in viral marketing (There is nothing wrong with this, its an effective way to market services), I would suggest that he/she read up on viral marketing on forums. Using identical messages across several forums usually makes people suspicious, and the message is 'canned.'
          Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by Beach View Post
            Sorry I didn't respond sooner I was in an area w/ no internet...this is not spam; it is my opinion on a valuable class. Unfortunately I frequently work in areas w/ limited access to the web, but I will post when I can.
            That being said, my first post should not have been an AAR on one company. I apologize for this but it was merely my intention to relate information I believe to be important for those in the EP/DP field.
            No problem, it just looks suspicious when you're first post on this forum is a duplication of what you've posted elsewhere.

Comment

Good Topic

This is a relevent aspect of our business and I suspect this area will grow in
              the months and years to come. Quality training in people protection differs
              from asset protection. However, many companies look at short term
              economics when prompted to budget for quality executive and personal
              protection training.

I hope this philosophy will change in time. I recently read a post, regarding a
              one hundred twenty hour minimum course for security personnel, a great
              idea, which also seems to be victim to short term economic thinking.

I suppose only a bunch of costly law suits will change that thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by iwicgsr View Post
                This is a relevent aspect of our business and I suspect this area will grow in
                the months and years to come. Quality training in people protection differs
                from asset protection. However, many companies look at short term
                economics when prompted to budget for quality executive and personal
                protection training.

I hope this philosophy will change in time. I recently read a post, regarding a
                one hundred twenty hour minimum course for security personnel, a great
                idea, which also seems to be victim to short term economic thinking.

I suppose only a bunch of costly law suits will change that thinking.
                Lawsuits...or something worse.
                "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                Working...
                X