Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fake ID Training (False, Fake, Altered ID's)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MiB Security
    I have used that light, its "ok" for ID's thats about it. I prefer these...

http://galls.com/style.html?assort=g...og&style=FL496

They are much more compact and you probably already have your favorite flashlight you like to carry that is ten times brighter and more useful. This you can drop into a shirt or coat pocket and grab it when you need it. A UV finger light is also very useful when working a door to keep your hands free for when they might be needed.
    I have a few of these cool lights, but right now my main light is the StingerXT that was a great light for working inside the club, but is just too big for checking IDs. I want to pick up the mini Stinger that recharges next.

Glad to have you around MiB, I'll take some pictures of my "wall of Shame" and send them to you for a good laugh. I have a Texas ID that is just awful!!
    Police Officer

Experience: Bouncer, EMT, Theme Park Security, Money Transport, Armed Guard

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Security
      I am convinced that some fake ID is nearly flawless. Some counterfeit currency is so close to the real thing that it can take a technician to recognize it. If you aren't sure about an ID, call the agency that the visitor claims to represent. Don't use the telephone number on the ID. Get the number from another source just in case the guy's partner-in-crime is waiting on the other end of the phone to "verify" the ID. Of course, the scrutiny should be commensurate with the degree of security desired by the client.

Also, if you determine that the ID is fake, be prepared for a fight if the intruder intends to gain access at any cost. You may want to stall until the police arrive before you "show your cards."
      This isn't Area 51. These are just kids trying to sneak a night of vice.
      Police Officer

Comment

Originally posted by dannyr619
        This isn't Area 51. These are just kids trying to sneak a night of vice.
        For you, yes. For others, its someone trying to get into a corporate building on a corporate or state ID that's been reproduced or altered for espionage or wackjob purposes.
        Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
          For you, yes. For others, its someone trying to get into a corporate building on a corporate or state ID that's been reproduced or altered for espionage or wackjob purposes.
          Thats a good point. Can any military guys in here give a few good pointers on the new vertical format white military ID cards.
          Police Officer

Comment

Originally posted by MiB Security
            Very right Danny! Now that is an experienced doorman! Body language is HUGE! Will they not look you in the eye. Will they talk to their friends and try to pretend your not looking at them. I used to wait till they would finally stop talking talking, look at me and ask if there was a problem? Then I would reply "Ooo your ready to conduct business now?" As for those that argue with you when you know it’s fake, altered or not them. Their confidence can only be destroyed by how well you can convince them that you KNOW it’s false. Their persistence is often fueled by the aura of your uncertainty. You must BELIEVE in yourself and show it. Tell them also that you will push the issue onto LE and they will go to jail. If he/she leaves, no harm done. If they stay and continue to piss you off, you’ll take pleasure in seeing them go to jail. When I worked in Arlington, VA. The police where not big on arrest for Fake ID's, but they did love a good D.I.P. (drunk-n-public)

All of that said... You must only display the confidence when you have reached a level of not making mistakes. I have seen more REAL ID's taken from the REAL people by doorman that thought they were good and I have been called over from another club by police officer to help explain if the doorman was right or wrong. In allot cases they were not doing good business and the ID had been taken for no good reason.
            Had a funny incident one time. I was looking at a DL and the address rang a bell with me but I couldn't say why immediately. Then it came to me - it was the address of a medical clinic where my sister had worked. I had driven her to work numerous times, which is why I knew the address.

"Is this your residence, maam?"

"Yes."

"...and just how long have you been residing at the Wilford Family Practice Clinic, maam?"

BUSTED!

Just wondering, incidentally, whether anyone is using any computerized databases to check for validity of addresses, like the databases you can download to your portable GPS device, maybe, or perhaps accessing a DB via your cell phone on the Web, if you have wireless access? You would probably only do so if you have other strong suspicions, of course, but it might be an idea....

In fact, I can take this a step further. With the explosion in so-called "location-based services" via the Web and cell phone that let you ask questions like "Where is the nearest Safeway to <address>?" you would easily be able to determine whether someone really does live at a particular address by asking things that anyone should know:

1. Where is the nearest gas station to your residence? The nearest McDonald's/Pizza Hut/Safeway/Denny's...<whatever>?

2. Where is the nearest school/fire station/police station?

3. What's the nearest major cross street?

...and maybe even, given access to the right DB, "What is the last name of your neighbor to the south?"

You can also Google the address and/or phone number and possibly turn up something.

Again...it's something you would use only when the situation warrants, but especially in regards to "higher security" facilities, the ability to do this from a cell phone on-the-fly could be very useful it seems to me. And...it would be just as useful for ID from a town five states away, because the DB doesn't know or care where you are. It's just comparing the address you enter (their residence) with its national DB of location information for Safeways, Pizza Huts, McDonald's, etc., etc..
            Last edited by SecTrainer; 05-01-2007, 03:33 PM.
            "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

Yes, there are websites that do "google maps mashups," where you enter an address, a GeoCode database (free or commercial) looks up the Lat / Long of that address and returns it, then the web application asks Google Maps to display where that location is via Google Maps.

Or, you could simply enter the address at maps.google.com, and select Satellite. You can ask Google Maps to display all known X near it, too, from Google Maps Business.

I have a java app on my phone (mologolo) that tracks my position via GPS, its more for amusement purposes, but also allows me to detect things in Chicago. Like, other people with the program, or landmarks. IT works off Google Maps.
              Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

I know this is an old thread but I am new here and stumbled upon this and have a little extra tip if the hologram on a state issue id is a bunch of keys and or says genuine seal of authenticity secure valid on it then it's a fake as well as the blue UK id's that say student in the corner all UK id's are pinkish in color

Comment

There may be some pointers here for you.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I know this is an old thread but going back a step:

Chucky that is brilliant how u/21's have a different set up for their D/L's in your state - saves alot of hassles of "but I am really 22, officer".

In Australia, 18 is the legal age and clubs in my state post notices that if you are 28 or under you must have photo ID. To assist non drivers, we have a PROOF OF AGE card which is for 18 - 23 year olds who don't drive and you can get one for older people to known as a BIRTH CARD (summary birth certificate ID card) but these are not accepted in other states as forms of ID as they are too far behind with the times.
                    "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

here's a tip that helps

I work in Austin, TX as a bouncer/doorguy. One of the easiest ways to pick out a fake is simply ask "when did you graduate high school?" The answer should be almost automatic. If they have to think about it, we check the ID closer or call it in to TABC. I busted a handful of high-quality fakes the other night where a guy had apparently completely removed the laminate from the ID and cut out just the last digit of the birth year and changed it to legal age. By completely removing the laminate, you don't get the crease from just pulling up enough to alter information. Also, if the laminate has been messed with, you can tell by holding the ID at an angle under a standard incandescent light. I can't see it under LED, but with plain, white light I can see ripples. I will try to scan some of the fakes I have picked up for your entertainment.

Comment

At 1 retailer I had a priority call from a sales person advising me he had just called the police for the 4th time as he was alone with 2 criminals inside the store (police are 100 yds away). I raced over but got caught in traffic (had visited the store that morning) and was local when the police arrived before me. Seems #1 Crook has purchased a top of the range mobile phone on a high plan (with all ID) and 8 hours later had rung up thousands in calls and hocked the phone to a pawnbroker for 1/4 the RRP. He came back to get his friend the same deal on his account and after he and his 3 friends were arrested, found out the #1's passport DOB year had been pin-holed to make the 1968 look like a 1958. His mate had blacked the 58 into a 68 on his own passport. All 4 involved were travelling up and down the coast looking for easy targets and later the car was checked finding wads of cash found under the front seats.
                        "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

Originally posted by dougo83 View Post
                          I work in Austin, TX as a bouncer/doorguy. One of the easiest ways to pick out a fake is simply ask "when did you graduate high school?" The answer should be almost automatic. If they have to think about it, we check the ID closer or call it in to TABC. I busted a handful of high-quality fakes the other night where a guy had apparently completely removed the laminate from the ID and cut out just the last digit of the birth year and changed it to legal age. By completely removing the laminate, you don't get the crease from just pulling up enough to alter information. Also, if the laminate has been messed with, you can tell by holding the ID at an angle under a standard incandescent light. I can't see it under LED, but with plain, white light I can see ripples. I will try to scan some of the fakes I have picked up for your entertainment.

get a uv light works wonders

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X