Looks like it may just work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like it may just work

Looks like it may just work in most general high rise fires. If I worked on the upper floors of a high rise you would bet that I would invest in a good base jumping parachute.

http://video.stumbleupon.com/#p=voteqbxp5e
    THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A 911 CALL IS FOUR MINUTES
    THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A .357 MAGNUM ROUND IS 1400 FEET PER SECOND?
    http://www.boondocksaints.com/

My experience in life is that businessmen build to the minimum code required. It looks like a great system but if it was not manditory I doubt many real estate companies would install them.
    I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
    Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Originally posted by HotelSecurity
      My experience in life is that businessmen build to the minimum code required. It looks like a great system but if it was not manditory I doubt many real estate companies would install them.
      Hmmm good thought. Maybe if they could incorporate it to double as the window washing gantry as all high risers in this neighbor hood have.

Comment

I saw Hebrew. That's Israeli. They do not screw around with this sort of thing. They'll pay, because that emergency condition could be anything from a fire to a terrorist bomber.
        Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Maybe in Israel but not in North America. The owner of my hotels has close ties to Israel & even property there but I don't see him installing anything like this here unless it became required by code.

Comment

Israel also has a different climate towards safety and security. I mean, the stairs could of been filled with suicide bombers, making that the only viable escape.

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
              Israel also has a different climate towards safety and security. I mean, the stairs could of been filled with suicide bombers, making that the only viable escape.
              And this is even seen in the average citizen. I have had them stay in my hotel & they will call to report a box left unatttended in the corridor. North American guest simply ignore things like that.

Comment

Originally posted by HotelSecurity
                And this is even seen in the average citizen. I have had them stay in my hotel & they will call to report a box left unatttended in the corridor. North American guest simply ignore things like that.
                Israel is the only country I know of that hangs pig lard in public places. You can guess why. The Israeli citizen is, will be, or has been an Israeli soldier. No wonder they notice such things. Either in the IDF, or out of the IDF, or before they go into the IDF, that box could be an IED targeting... someone.

Comment

I've been seeing this a lot more lately actually. We get a call about a backpack left somewhere, or a box in the parking lot. Once got a call for a vehicle driving by and throwing something out onto our alternate landing zone (Mcdonalds bag and they didn't even save me any fries!)

I think because we have such a large military presence here, people are more attuned to that kinda thing.

Comment

In Boston they got tired of snow plows ripping the car counters(Rubber hoses) up.
                    So they installed infra red boxes (No hoses)that the cops weren't told about. Yep you guessed it they called the bomb squad an blew one up. The sad part was that this happened after the blinking sign fiasco.

Comment

The residents at the high rise I work in tend to be more aware of unattended bags, etc. We have only once had a call where we really felt threatened; the bag had several wires coming out of the sides, and was filled top to bottom with screws, staples, paper clips, etc, and had a ticking alarm clock attached to the wires. We thought it may have been a shrapnel IED. The police linked the bag to a group of pranksters living on the property, who were subsequently charged with criminal mischief, and were investigated by the FBI. Our property is a huge threat, as we are twin towers in the center of downtown, both towers are high rises, and we have Federal Judges, assorted Hollywood personnel who do not wish to be known that they live in Salt Lake City, and other high profile members of society who live here. We also protect our local Homeland Security and ICE office, along with Federal Defenders, the U.S. Tax Court, and all Federal law enforcement offices. Unfortunately, since we are in the heart of downtown Salt Lake, we find a lot of unattended bags from transients all over the external of the property, and have even found some homemade meth labs brewing in mason jars in the back alley.

Comment

Originally posted by Professional Rent-a-Cop
                        The residents at the high rise I work in tend to be more aware of unattended bags, etc. We have only once had a call where we really felt threatened; the bag had several wires coming out of the sides, and was filled top to bottom with screws, staples, paper clips, etc, and had a ticking alarm clock attached to the wires. We thought it may have been a shrapnel IED. The police linked the bag to a group of pranksters living on the property, who were subsequently charged with criminal mischief, and were investigated by the FBI. Our property is a huge threat, as we are twin towers in the center of downtown, both towers are high rises, and we have Federal Judges, assorted Hollywood personnel who do not wish to be known that they live in Salt Lake City, and other high profile members of society who live here. We also protect our local Homeland Security and ICE office, along with Federal Defenders, the U.S. Tax Court, and all Federal law enforcement offices. Unfortunately, since we are in the heart of downtown Salt Lake, we find a lot of unattended bags from transients all over the external of the property, and have even found some homemade meth labs brewing in mason jars in the back alley.
                        A fitting punishment would be a required visit to Israel after a suicide bombing to help clean up the aftermath. They wouldn't think it was humorous after that.
                        Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Originally posted by Professional Rent-a-Cop
                          Unfortunately, since we are in the heart of downtown Salt Lake, we find a lot of unattended bags from transients all over the external of the property, and have even found some homemade meth labs brewing in mason jars in the back alley.
                          Not meaning to be personal, but your board name might be a bit offensive to some here. "Rent-a-cop", even with "Professional" in front of it, well...you know. Just a suggestion.

Back to the point of this post, your description of the facility above reminds me alot of the American Towers perhaps? I spent a week there once in a rental condo on a ski vacation. Gorgeous views of the Wasatch, but there were certainly some....umm..."interesting" folks in the vicinity. I was a little surprised, even for downtown, as no one seemed to pay them much mind. One in particular looked very much like he might have just stepped out of his "porta-lab" in the back alley...
                          Last edited by SecTrainer; 03-23-2007, 12:54 AM.
                          "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X