Exercise Routines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tlangsr
    I wear something that embarasses me because it is what I have to do to take care of my family, I'd wear a clown costume if it paid the bills, and put food on the table. The fact that I can do so makes the embarassment worth it. It is called being a man.
    That is, indeed, exactly what it's called.
    Last edited by SecTrainer; 03-19-2007, 08:27 AM.
    "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

Originally posted by LPGuy
      Anyone else here work out in uniform? Because of my schedule, I don't have a good time to work out except for during a break on my shift. I work out in full uniform, duty belt and 5" Bates tactical sport boots included (I still need to respond to calls when they come in).

I hit the gym and also run on the treadmill since it's still been fairly cold outside lately. I wish I could change into running shoes, but the boots are fairly comfortable.
      On the one hand, training in the gear you are actually going to run in is a really good idea.

On the other hand, you let people know who you are and what you do. Depending on the environment, some people may decide to give you grief in an effort to make themselves look good.

I sweat like a pig when I do anything physical. How do you manage to not have to shower/change clothes when you get done?

Also, regarding the boots - how do your knees feel? Are you able to stretch your calves before you get started?

Mark
      I'm not old, I'm worn.

http://www.geocities.com/juszczec/shawJCCkarate.html

Comment

Originally posted by juszczec View Post
        On the one hand, training in the gear you are actually going to run in is a really good idea.

On the other hand, you let people know who you are and what you do. Depending on the environment, some people may decide to give you grief in an effort to make themselves look good.

I sweat like a pig when I do anything physical. How do you manage to not have to shower/change clothes when you get done?

Also, regarding the boots - how do your knees feel? Are you able to stretch your calves before you get started?

Mark
        Sorry, never noticed your reply until now. To answer your questions, I didn't work out when the gym was occupied by students or staff. There are times during the day, however, when the gym would be empty and I'd have it to myself. Because I would still be on-duty, I didn't work out to the point where I was greatly exerted. Just several sets of reps and a light run.

I did stretch before running and the Bates boots felt great to run in. I would obviously prefer a good set of running shoes, but I never had any discomfort running in the boots. No problems whatsoever with my knees while running.

Comment

Originally posted by tlangsr View Post
          as one of those unfortunate guards I agree. I have seen it. and I am embarrassed to wear the damn thing.
          I like LPGuy's routine. Instead of a needless break, work some muscle groups out to get your metabolism going so will be alert. It will help you fill your bad uniforms out so they look better anyway. Plus you are checking out the weight room routinely for suspicious activities. It looks good for Security image, your boss, and your self on the job.

Schools or deluxe condo's are two good opportunities. Lats and bicepts one day, chest and tricepts the next, and legs or stationary bike most every day. Just takes about 4 quick double sets in 15 minutes. Keeps those uniforms from stretching in the wrong places.

Comment

Originally posted by ddog View Post
            I like LPGuy's routine. Instead of a needless break, work some muscle groups out to get your metabolism going so will be alert. It looks good for Security image, your boss, and your self on the job.
            That was one nice thing about working in a school. Our supervisors encouraged us to work out in the gym during the slow periods. It's good for the officers, which is good for security, so it works out every way.

Comment

Surprised me when I started work here because our security department is owned by the private college we work for. All training and all equipment/uniforms are provided free of charge. Pay is good, hours are decent. And the uniforms look a slight variant to some sheriff uniforms. Private colleges are treasure troves apparently because we also have a brand new truck for patrols. Bascialy I got freakin lucky.
              -Protect and Serve-

Comment

Exercise routines

At one my details they have small gym. No weights just a few bikes and tread mill and sky machine. I try run 2 miles a night i work 6 nights weeks so that's 12 miles a week. I'm very grateful about my company's uniforms black bdu's pants with a black polo for nice details and t shirt for ships and warehouse so on.
                CAPTAIN KOOLAID 9594

oh ya

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                Working...
                X