Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exercise Routines

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Exercise Routines

    Anyone else here work out in uniform? Because of my schedule, I don't have a good time to work out except for during a break on my shift. I work out in full uniform, duty belt and 5" Bates tactical sport boots included (I still need to respond to calls when they come in).

    I hit the gym and also run on the treadmill since it's still been fairly cold outside lately. I wish I could change into running shoes, but the boots are fairly comfortable.

  • #2
    we actually aren't permitted to go any where but to and from work in uniform, I wouldn't want to any way. our uniforms suck. www.turnersec.com
    Todd

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by tlangsr
      we actually aren't permitted to go any where but to and from work in uniform, I wouldn't want to any way. our uniforms suck. www.turnersec.com
      Expensive Safariland rigs on those guys, but horrible Quartermaster "polo" shirts with the badges put too low...

      I can see why.
      Some Kind of Commando Leader

      "Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

      Comment


      • #4
        keeps me cool in the summer time though, that is the only thing good about them.
        Todd

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by tlangsr
          we actually aren't permitted to go any where but to and from work in uniform, I wouldn't want to any way. our uniforms suck. www.turnersec.com
          The gym is located in the building that I work at (a school campus).

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by LPGuy
            The gym is located in the building that I work at (a school campus).
            still wouldn't want to go in my uniform. naw, seriously, When I start doing my training I will take an extra shirt to work out in.
            Todd

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
              Expensive Safariland rigs on those guys, but horrible Quartermaster "polo" shirts with the badges put too low...

              I can see why.
              Never ceases to amaze me how little thought seems to go into some uniform selections, starting with the public relations impact of different designs, to say nothing of their operational implications. You can see this also in the juvenile names some services give themselves, as well as in poor vehicle graphics and company logos. This is to say nothing about poor company website design and function...which is a whole nother discussion.

              Security companies should recognize the enormous opportunity they have to shape their image visually with their names, uniforms, vehicles, logos and websites if these things are done right. When they're done wrong, on the other hand, the impact is equally negative. They should spend some bucks (which is much less than the return they'll get) and seek professional design and website guidance from people who know what they're doing in these areas.
              Last edited by SecTrainer; 03-17-2007, 09:56 AM.
              "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

              "I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

              "There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

              "History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by SecTrainer
                Never ceases to amaze me how little thought seems to go into some uniform selections, starting with the public relations impact of different designs, to say nothing of their operational implications. You can see this also in the juvenile names some services give themselves, as well as in poor vehicle graphics and company logos. This is to say nothing about poor company website design and function...which is a whole nother discussion.

                Security companies should recognize the enormous opportunity they have to shape their image visually with their names, uniforms, vehicles, logos and websites if these things are done right. When they're done wrong, on the other hand, the impact is equally negative. They should spend some bucks (which is much less than the return they'll get) and seek professional design and website guidance from people who know what they're doing in these areas.
                The only companies I worked for that had decent uniforms was Wackenhut and Transcor America.

                N. A Corbier,The rigs we buy every thing else is company issued.
                Todd

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by SecTrainer
                  Never ceases to amaze me how little thought seems to go into some uniform selections, starting with the public relations impact of different designs, to say nothing of their operational implications. You can see this also in the juvenile names some services give themselves, as well as in poor vehicle graphics and company logos. This is to say nothing about poor company website design and function...which is a whole nother discussion.

                  Security companies should recognize the enormous opportunity they have to shape their image visually with their names, uniforms, vehicles, logos and websites if these things are done right. When they're done wrong, on the other hand, the impact is equally negative. They should spend some bucks (which is much less than the return they'll get) and seek professional design and website guidance from people who know what they're doing in these areas.
                  You nailed this point. Security companies that supply "goofy" looking uniforms also create low morale for the unfortunate guards who have to be seen in them, whether on the job or by neighbors when returning home.
                  Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    as one of those unfortunate guards I agree. I have seen it. and I am embarrassed to wear the damn thing.
                    Todd

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by tlangsr
                      and I am embarrassed to wear the damn thing.
                      I stand corrected. You don't have standards.

                      I wouldn't wear something that embarrasses me.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I wear something that embarasses me because it is what I have to do to take care of my family, I'd wear a clown costume if it paid the bills, and put food on the table. The fact that I can do so makes the embarassment worth it. It is called being a man.
                        Todd

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by tlangsr
                          I wear something that embarasses me because it is what I have to do to take care of my family, I'd wear a clown costume if it paid the bills, and put food on the table. The fact that I can do so makes the embarassment worth it. It is called being a man.
                          Very well said.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            hell, I thought so. Notice he didn't answer me.
                            Todd

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by BoxerGuard
                              I stand corrected. You don't have standards.

                              I wouldn't wear something that embarrasses me.
                              Gee, I wouldn't have thought it possible to find clothes (or much of anything else) that would embarrass you. "Mr. Pride", you ain't.
                              Last edited by SecTrainer; 03-19-2007, 08:10 AM.
                              "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

                              "I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

                              "There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

                              "History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

                              Comment

                              Leaderboard

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X