IFPO's CPO vs. ASIS's CPP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IFPO's CPO vs. ASIS's CPP

Which would you rather take? IFPO's CPO or ASIS's CPP course?

I'm sure some will say take both, so for those let me ask, which would you take first?

And for everyone, why?

Edit: Poll should read: Which would you study and take?
    IFPO's CPO
    33.33%
    ASIS's CPP
    66.67%

Like many things in life, it all depends on where you are now and want to go.
    CPO was great for just after entry level to help me raise my standards too progress, CPP now shows dedication and commitment. I am the same guy as without the letters after my name, but perception by others looking can be different.
    Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted.
    Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by SecTrainer
      You have to have a bachelor's degree
      That's actually incorrect. You do not need a BA if you have 9 years of work experience.

"Applicants must meet one of the following requirements to be accepted as a CPP™ candidate:

Education: An earned bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited institution of higher education and work Experience: Seven (7) years of security experience, including at least three (3) years in responsible charge of a security function

OR

Work Experience: Nine (9) years of security experience, including at least three (3) years in responsible charge of a security function.

Eligibility requirements also include no prior conviction of any criminal offense that would reflect negatively on the security profession or on ASIS International and its certification programs."

I do agree with you though that CPO and CPP are completely different. I view it this way... the CPO is more of an entry-level certification, whereas the CPP is your professional certification. I have seen job openings in the past where you were required to have a bachelors degree OR a CPP.
      "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
      Working...
      X