Use of OC Spray?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Use of OC Spray?

I am just curious how many here are trained for OC spray for their sites? Have you ever had to use it? Was it effective in stopping a potential assailant?

Originally posted by Dragonfyre024
    I am just curious how many here are trained for OC spray for their sites? Have you ever had to use it? Was it effective in stopping a potential assailant?
    I'm certified in the state of Maryland in the use of OC spray. I've used it quite often when I worked the high-crime areas. It was effective on i'd say about 99.999% of the people it was deployed on. Just sucks having to write use of force reports afterwards.

I really find it effective in the really hot summer nights!
    "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I've only been trained/certified in OC spray for two months now, and have yet to need to use it on anyone. I have drawn it and threatened to spray a subject who geared up to punch me, though.

The threat of being sprayed alone was sufficient to cause her to change her mind about actually striking me.

Comment

I am certified in the use of OC , Baton, Taser, and firearm. I have yet to pull my OC out of its holster as far as i can remember. I prefer to use the taser as it is no Decon and easier and is more of a physcological weapon. The red dot worsk great. I have yet to fire a cartridge tho.
        Robert
        Here endith the lesson

Comment

I am certified with oc through Defense technologies. Ive only had to deploy it Twice. one time it was totally effective stopped the violent action and was able to handcuff the individual with no difficulty. the other time it failed to stop the person it wasnt an attack but an arrest scenario. I used oc and my baton and the guy was still able to run off. So far ive had a 50 percent sucess rate.
          Last edited by bigdog; 03-13-2007, 09:33 PM.
          "Get yourself a shovel cause your in deep Sh*t"

Comment

I had to deploy OC for the first time today--on an aggressive dog.

It worked very, very well.

Comment

I am certified in accordance with U.S. Extradition Laws, but never personally had to use it. I have seen it used and never seen it be ineffective. From what I was told the chances of it working ar 60/40.
              Todd

Comment

Originally posted by tlangsr
                I am certified in accordance with U.S. Extradition Laws, but never personally had to use it. I have seen it used and never seen it be ineffective. From what I was told the chances of it working ar 60/40.
                Yeah, for some people it's like that old peppermint aerosole Binaca.
                "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

In my 12 1/2 years with corrections, I deployed OC many times as did other officers and I have never seen it fail to get results.
                  Murphy was an optomist.

Comment

We carry an OC/CS mixture that is very effective. We have used oc and the OC/CS mixture many times over the years with good success. The majority of our problems come from individuals who are under the influence of intoxicants or illegal drugs. I have used OC at my present employer more than when I worked in L.E.

Comment

the only time that I have even heard of it not working is when the subject has vaseline around his eyes.
                      Todd

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X