No announcement yet.

Spanish Language Training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, screw that! This is America! They come here they need to adapt to us. If thats the case, should I feel discriminated because very few speak Greek?

However, if you want to learn something geared towards Law Enforcement, read the book "Spanish for Law Enforcement Personnel"
    "I am not a hero. I am a silent guardian, a watchful protector"

Comment

If your security company accepts one dollar of federal funding, including SBA loans, and does not provide its services (interacts with the public, including offenders) in their native language, you are violating their civil rights.

This is due to a Clinton-Era Executive Order, which SPE over at SPETactical wrote a nice long post about (after I asked him to.)

Police, Fire, Hospitals, EMS, and Retail spend a LOT of money to meet this requirement, cause they all get federal money.
      Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Just yell out "Alto Bandito" whenever dealing with a Spanish speaking person

No seriously....check out this site:

http://www.freetranslation.com/

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
          If your security company accepts one dollar of federal funding, including SBA loans, and does not provide its services (interacts with the public, including offenders) in their native language, you are violating their civil rights.

This is due to a Clinton-Era Executive Order, which SPE over at SPETactical wrote a nice long post about (after I asked him to.)

Police, Fire, Hospitals, EMS, and Retail spend a LOT of money to meet this requirement, cause they all get federal money.
          This is not a correct statement of the law. First of all, the SBA does not make loans; it acts as a guarantor of loans that are actually made by banks and other financial intermediaries. These intermediaries are in no way making their loans contingent on foreign language services.

Second, Presidents cannot issue executive orders to anyone but federal executive branch agencies - certainly, not to private enterprise, except indirectly as requirements for certain government contracts, as noted in the paragraph below.

Third, I can find nothing to indicate that SBA-guaranteed loans are in any way contingent on offering services in foreign languages, and I promise you that you can walk into thousands of small businesses that have SBA-guaranteed loans and you won't find anyone who speaks Spanish. I've applied for and been granted SBA loans and no one asked me once about whether I could offer my services to people in their native language, nor was there any mention of this in the loan documents.

There ARE certain government grants and government contracts that have such requirements attached to them, but that's another kettle of fish entirely. There have also been certain laws and administrative regulations passed with respect to public agencies such as government services, and healthcare. Again, this is a different kettle of fish. If you were a security service with a government contract to guard a federal facility, you might - emphasize "might" - come under such requirements. Otherwise, there are no such requirements.
          "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
            Now, one of the important things I was told by the site owner that amused me. Due to a Clinton era Executive Order, if you take public money for your private business, you must provide translator services in the field for all "major lanugages in your area."
            As a person who's mother tongue is not the offical language of the area where I live "Executive Orders" like that are really welcome. Granted there is a difference in that Spanish is not an Offical Language in the US where English is in Canada but not in Quebec. The Canadian Government HAS to do everything bilingually with a Comissioner of Offical Languages to complain to if they don't. The Quebec Government does if they want to
            I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
            Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
            Working...
            X