Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Certified Protection Officer (International Foundation For Protection Professionals)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Certified Protection Officer (International Foundation For Protection Professionals)

There is an opening for a job near me. It states that you must complete the following certifications within 30 days of employment: First aid, CPR, AED (American Heart Association) and Certified Protection Officer (International Foundation for Protection Professionals). I am good on the first aid, CPR and AED, but I have never taken the CPO part. For those that are familiar with it, is it common for employers to require this? Would there be much advantage to taking this pre-hire?

https://www.ifpo.org/training/cpo/

• Consolewatcher
    replied
    Originally posted by Soper View Post
    Jim,

if its not an ASIS, it’s bogus. There is no such animal as an International PO. Don’t waste your money.
    I agree, most of those certifications aren't worth the paper you print them at home on. ASIS certifications are pretty much the only ones that have any worth in the security field (and are often required/requested for higher paying management jobs).

Leave a comment:

• Soper
    replied
    Jim,

if its not an ASIS, it’s bogus. There is no such animal as an International PO. Don’t waste your money.

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X