What does your state require?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does your state require?

I poked around a bit and didn't see anything that answered this question, so what training does your state require? I recently got back into armed security in Texas and our training has changed immensely since the last time I carried a weapon at work. Now, instead of just a few hours of Texas Penal Code in the classroom and some range time, we take conflict resolution/deescalation,handcuffing, baton, weaponless defense (in our case, Wing Chun), firearms training, and even more Texas Penal Code. I think it has gone a long way toward improving the image most people, and especially LEO's, have of security personnel.

So...what does your state require of you?
    A wise son hears his father's instruction,but a scoffer does not listen to rebuke. Proverbs 13:1

"My “Black-Ops” history ensures that you will never know about the missions I accepted in my younger days, and Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later. " G-45

My province (Ontario) requires you to take a training course that lasts approx 5 days. There's no specific course, but must cover the curriculum required by the gov't. In addition, you have to have completed an Emergency First Aid+CPR course (1 day). You need to take a test at the DMV (approx CAD$60) and then apply for a security license ($80). To get the license you can't have been convicted of certain crimes; if you have been convicted of other crimes, the gov't can require you to sit at a hearing and "plead your case" if you want to get your license.

Comment

For the life of me, I can't figure out why our commissioned officers aren't required to at least have First Aid/CPR/AED.

I also forgot, our EP/PPO guys have to go through state-mandated "tactical" shooting as well as an MMPI.
      A wise son hears his father's instruction,but a scoffer does not listen to rebuke. Proverbs 13:1

"My “Black-Ops” history ensures that you will never know about the missions I accepted in my younger days, and Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later. " G-45

Comment

300x250

Collapse

Mid 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Super Leaderboard

Collapse
      Working...
      X