Fitness Training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitness Training

Like police officers, firefighters and military personnel, security officers will be better equipped to perform the job if they are physically fit. One must have the physical strength to deal with subjects on the job. As not all security officers are armed, you may be required to go hands on more frequently to effect an arrest. You owe it to those that you work with to be fit.

IMHO, the absolute best way to physically prepare yourself is to train with a weighted vest. It can be used for strength training by doing calisthenics, speed training by running stairs or hills, agility training and endurance training. It can also be used for job specific fitness training ie. obstacle courses.

I have a vest for sale. $220 CDN

Here are some of the features:

·Includes 40 lbs of weight
    ·Weights are 2.5 lb bags of lead shot
    ·Ability to adjust weight from 2.5 lbs to 40 lbs by simply adding or removing weights from evenly distributed pockets
    ·Weight pockets constructed of military grade nylon webbing with Velcro closures
    ·Vest constructed of heavy duty Cordura
    ·All components double stitched for maximum durability
    ·One size fits all
    ·Fully adjustable strapping system with side release buckles for ease of adjustment. Allows weights to remain secure during rigorous exercise
    ·Enhanced padding on shoulders, chest and back for increased comfort
    ·Washable
    ·One year warranty against materials and workmanship

PM or email [email protected] if interested

Strength and Honour

In your posts you have mentioned that you deal with security officers as part of your job as a police officer, In this thread you say that "not all security officers are armed'. I'm in Quebec. Besides armoured car guards I no longer see anymore armed security. Isn't it the same in Ontario?
    I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
    Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

That vest looks similar to the kind used by terrorists to blow themselves up!

Nevertheless, your point about PT is true.
      Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

This vest is marketed towards people preparing for the Firefighter Fitness Test. I bought one years ago for that reason and use it to this day to stay in shape for paintball tournaments.

Comment

FWIW, a friend of mine swore by one of these things. He feels its helped him maintain above average quickness.

I don't know how much is genetic and how much is the weight vest. I do know his physical skills allow him to handle people much younger (he's a few years shy of 50 and works as a bondsman)

Mark
          I'm not old, I'm worn.

http://www.geocities.com/juszczec/shawJCCkarate.html

Comment

Thanks for the support guys.

GCMC, while vests are very effective at preparing those for the firefighter testing, my vest is also designed with police, military and security personnel in mind. I am a tactical police officer and I also have 17 years in the infantry (airborne). The benefits gained by this type of training for those that are required to constantly carry extra weight (from the equipment!) are considerable. I'm speaking about functional strength and endurance. When you can train in a way that you would normally perform your job, you will be much better off. This is the most versatile piece of fitness equipment that you will ever own.

On another note, HotelSecurity, as far as I am aware, armoured car guards are the only ones in Ontario armed with lethal force options as well. Most of the guards that I deal with are usually armed with a variety of non lethal options ranging from batons to pepper spray.

Vests are $220 CDN

email [email protected]
            Strength and Honour

Comment

Originally posted by missionessential
              On another note, HotelSecurity, as far as I am aware, armoured car guards are the only ones in Ontario armed with lethal force options as well. Most of the guards that I deal with are usually armed with a variety of non lethal options ranging from batons to pepper spray.
              The Mint and Bank of Canada still are still armed, after the RCMP took over Embassy security in the mid 80's, there was not much armed private Security left.

Train like your life depends on it is a good idea.
              Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted.
              Groucho Marx

Comment

[QUOTE=missionessential]
                QUOTE]

Pepper spray in Canada? It's against the Canadian Criminal Code.
                I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
                Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                Working...
                X