Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Is The Best Training That You Have Had? What Training Do You Really Want To Get?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ingio Montoya View Post

Did you get some training on why showing someone your gun to "display hostile intent" is bad Ju Ju?
    Did you get some training yet on how to not be such an internet troll ? If not you should look into it.
    Confronted with the choice, the American people would choose the policeman's truncheon over the anarchist's bomb.
    Spiro Agnew

Why yes I am a glorified babysitter , I am here to politely ask you to follow the rules , if not daddy comes to spank you and put you in time out its your choice - Me

Luck is a red hair woman , if you ever dated one you know there remarkably dangerous , my personal preference is to be competent and let luck join the ride if she so chooses .- Clint Smith

Comment

Originally posted by psycosteve View Post

Did you get some training yet on how to not be such an internet troll ? If not you should look into it.

Comment

Confronted with the choice, the American people would choose the policeman's truncheon over the anarchist's bomb.
        Spiro Agnew

Why yes I am a glorified babysitter , I am here to politely ask you to follow the rules , if not daddy comes to spank you and put you in time out its your choice - Me

Luck is a red hair woman , if you ever dated one you know there remarkably dangerous , my personal preference is to be competent and let luck join the ride if she so chooses .- Clint Smith

Comment

To small. I can't read it. I use postimage

Comment

One of the best training courses I took outside of my POST academy was a Surefire one in Nevada. We spent three days training to fight in low level light, and although neither my public or private agency paid the fees to send me there - it required some financial belt tightening before I went - it was invaluable! While I never fired a weapon on duty, I’m glad that I’d have been more effective with the task as a result of that course!

The most utilised training in my experience, for both public and private employment, was community policing and pedestrian/vehicle stop training from POST. I provided my insights to fellow private officers as well. Being able to talk to people, assess situations, and act reasonably to solve problems were skills that I utilised more than ANY others. Most of what I did was problem solving and engaging with communities, taking the “it takes a village” approach and lending an ear made me a more effective officer. I hope that the public/private officers I was fortunate enough to serve with have continued with that approach because together we helped make a lasting difference.

Comment

I really wish there was some kind of "Common Law for Security" -type class at either the local LE training center or a private co. While we run into similar situations as police, because we are private citizens working for private property owners, what we need to know differs. (For example, people constantly ask what my "probable cause" is. I don't need PC, since I'm not arresting anyone. All I need is "reasonable suspicion" in order to contact you at 3:00am with a lockpick set in your hand.)

Another example would be guards working at facilities that are private but open to the public. They need to know the legal definition of trespassing, or if people can or cannot film within the premises, and what they should do. Sadly, I've haven't seen any comprehensive training on those or other issues.

Comment

Working for 2 large WBC, I got the typical training through microsoft PowerPoint and 30 year old video. Ive taken training outside of work, but that was for personal use, not professional.

Comment

As a former Corrections Officer I was certified in PPCT as well as an instructor, Firearms Instructor and as as a member of our Emergency Response Team I went through more DT training and of course tactical training I.e. room clearing, hostage rescue etc.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X