X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Originally posted by Bill Warnock
    Serpico. There are some folks in the security business who become badge heavy not unlike our LEO cousins.
    You still must stay in shape and always, always remember the "Ten Commandments of Security and Law Enforcement" or "Ten Deadly Sins."
    Stay alert, stay alive.
    Enjoy the day,
    Bill
    I'm a badge heavy security officer. My dopey square badge has so much extra metal in it that it can be used as a blunt instrument.

Leave a comment:

• Serpico
    replied
    Originally posted by Bill Warnock
    Serpico. There are some folks in the security business who become badge heavy not unlike our LEO cousins.
    You still must stay in shape and always, always remember the "Ten Commandments of Security and Law Enforcement" or "Ten Deadly Sins."
    Stay alert, stay alive.
    Enjoy the day,
    Bill
    I hear ya, man. Sad thing is, both of the owners of the company were cops but we had the easiest hiring practices out of any company I worked for.

I remember my interview. It was more about availability and not so much about the job. My FTO was 3 years younger than me and I'm only 23.

In 6 months, I made 52 midemeanor theft stops and 3 felony stops. All of which were without incident, except one of the felonies. The scumbag tried to run me over with his car, but that's a story for another time. Point is, I made 55 stops and didn't have to use force on any of them. One of the other FTOs signed off on a guy and a week later, he's got an 82 year old woman wearing bracelets over 2 stolen bags of candy Another guy made a bad stop and the customer would not come back inside. The LPO went to grab him in a choke, the customer broke the LPOs nose and a month later hit us with a law suit.

By the way, Bill, thanks for that message.

Leave a comment:

• Bill Warnock
    replied
    Stay alert, stay alive.
    Enjoy the day,
    Bill

Leave a comment:

• Serpico
    replied
    I've had zero self defense classes in the two security gigs I had. Luckily, I'm a black belt in Tae Kwon Do and have a couple years of Judo.

In fact, the last security company I worked for had a loss prevention account. My company's policy was strictly "no touch" after we had 5 lawsuits in a year because some of the guys got a little too rough with uncompliant subjects.

Leave a comment:

• aaron
    replied
    Ignore list, well since we are off topic can someone explain how to use it as i have a user i would use it on :P

Will it ignore all posts or just pm's?

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by aaron
    what the hell you talking about,
    Its a popular expression. "Liar, Liar, your pants are on fire." It means that you are being untruthful. Which, by the proponderance of evidence, you appear to be.

Since Aaron seems to enjoy replying to these with non-sensicalness, or questions, prolonging all this. I move to simply ignore his posts when he talks about blatantly false things.

Then again, Aaron is now on my ignore list, so I am blissfully Aaron free.

Leave a comment:

• aaron
    replied
    what the hell you talking about,

Your pants are on fire

Leave a comment:

• AnGardaSiochana
    replied
    i was just showing where i got taught to case areas and where i got taught to use my asp
    Indeed, this would be the ASp that the London MET tought you to use would it? The ASP that is locked in your car at all times but also in a shoulder holster? Hmm which is it? Oh wait its neither, its the offensive, illegal weapon that you insist on telling fibs about.

man you need to grow up, what was your instructors name? Whats the company you work for?

Aaron, your pants are on fire.

Leave a comment:

• aaron
    replied
    Originally posted by 1stWatch
    Perhaps I am a bit ignorant for asking this, but how do you "case" a scene with a baton? Perhaps my definition of the word "case" is a bit off, but all the searches of buildings and open fields I have done have either been with: 1) a spotlight 2) a dog 3) two-man cover with one man in the front doing the search with a flashlight and gun drawn 4) police doing it with helicopter 5) driving the perimeter with a vehicle.
    I am stumped how these things could be done with a baton. Does it glow like a lightsaber? Or do you ride it around like a broom and you're the wicked witch of the west?
    i was just showing where i got taught to case areas and where i got taught to use my asp

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Ah, that explains why the Monadnock is so expensive yet falls apart so easily. It's not designed for striking, but magic spells.
    Indeed. Monadnock is a competitor to watch for in the next Tri-Wizard Cup.

Only thing I like about Monadnock are their good, old-fashioned, straight sticks.

Leave a comment:

• 1stWatch
    replied
    Ah, that explains why the Monadnock is so expensive yet falls apart so easily. It's not designed for striking, but magic spells.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Perhaps I am a bit ignorant for asking this, but how do you "case" a scene with a baton? Perhaps my definition of the word "case" is a bit off, but all the searches of buildings and open fields I have done have either been with: 1) a spotlight 2) a dog 3) two-man cover with one man in the front doing the search with a flashlight and gun drawn 4) police doing it with helicopter 5) driving the perimeter with a vehicle.
    I am stumped how these things could be done with a baton. Does it glow like a lightsaber? Or do you ride it around like a broom and you're the wicked witch of the west?
    Monadnock makes a flying broom, I hear it goes well with Wizard law enforcement.

Leave a comment:

• 1stWatch
    replied

Leave a comment:

• aaron
    replied
    and your ignorance speaks bull****

Leave a comment:

• AnGardaSiochana
    replied
    im not providiin u ****, go back to officer.com
    Your silence speaks volumes.

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard