Officer Safety Resources

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Officer Safety Resources

What resources have you, as security officers, found or been offered in the lines of officer safety? Police Officers have many hours dedicated in their academies in this subject. We have... variable hours ranging from zero to 40.

With the amount of duties that we undertake - confrontation, traffic, DUI enforcement, and other issues that may not result in a criminal justice arrest, but in eviction or removal, we place ourselves in the line of danger.

What have you learned to end your shift safely, and where did you learn it?

I have two resources that are free, only their DVD costs money, at the bottom of every post I make. Even if your not a member of their forums, I seriously suggestion you find SOME method of training in officer safety, then PRACTICE that training before you really need it.
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

i have been trained in "casing" an area on first appearance and in using my asp 21" although i am doing my resit course in Feb 2006

Comment

Originally posted by aaron
      i have been trained in "casing" an area on first appearance and in using my asp 21" although i am doing my resit course in Feb 2006
      And what facility taught you to "case" an area on first appearance? Also, what facility provided ASP tactical baton training in Scotland?

Also, what's a "resit" course?

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
        And what facility taught you to "case" an area on first appearance? Also, what facility provided ASP tactical baton training in Scotland?

Also, what's a "resit" course?
        well we were trained in casing an area on first arrival by the met's training and the asp training came from strathclyde police academy.

Basically a resit course is where i have to go back in February to resit the training on using my asp to make sure i still am competent enough to use the asp if required

Comment

Google. Its a search engine. Try it sometime.

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
            Google. Its a search engine. Try it sometime.
            have you posted this in the wrong place as i am confused ???

Comment

This just gets better

have you posted this in the wrong place as i am confused ???
              He means we checked you out and your full of ****. The London MET trainined you? the Local cops trained you? This just gets better and better. Please provide your instructors names so I can ring them.

Comment

im not providiin u ****, go back to officer.com

Comment

im not providiin u ****, go back to officer.com
                  Your silence speaks volumes.

Comment

and your ignorance speaks bull****

Comment

Perhaps I am a bit ignorant for asking this, but how do you "case" a scene with a baton? Perhaps my definition of the word "case" is a bit off, but all the searches of buildings and open fields I have done have either been with: 1) a spotlight 2) a dog 3) two-man cover with one man in the front doing the search with a flashlight and gun drawn 4) police doing it with helicopter 5) driving the perimeter with a vehicle.
                      I am stumped how these things could be done with a baton. Does it glow like a lightsaber? Or do you ride it around like a broom and you're the wicked witch of the west?
                      "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Comment

Originally posted by 1stWatch
                        Perhaps I am a bit ignorant for asking this, but how do you "case" a scene with a baton? Perhaps my definition of the word "case" is a bit off, but all the searches of buildings and open fields I have done have either been with: 1) a spotlight 2) a dog 3) two-man cover with one man in the front doing the search with a flashlight and gun drawn 4) police doing it with helicopter 5) driving the perimeter with a vehicle.
                        I am stumped how these things could be done with a baton. Does it glow like a lightsaber? Or do you ride it around like a broom and you're the wicked witch of the west?
                        Monadnock makes a flying broom, I hear it goes well with Wizard law enforcement.

Comment

Ah, that explains why the Monadnock is so expensive yet falls apart so easily. It's not designed for striking, but magic spells.
                          "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Comment

Ah, that explains why the Monadnock is so expensive yet falls apart so easily. It's not designed for striking, but magic spells.
                            Indeed. Monadnock is a competitor to watch for in the next Tri-Wizard Cup.

Only thing I like about Monadnock are their good, old-fashioned, straight sticks.

Comment

i was just showing where i got taught to case areas and where i got taught to use my asp

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X