Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you trained for the aftermath of a shooting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you trained for the aftermath of a shooting?

As a Bodyguard you are trained to protect your client. But way to often not much thought goes into covering your own butt. Now I’m not talking about being safe in the field, that’s a given. I’m talking about protecting your job and your assets. The following points are geared more toward LEO but there are a couple that are advantageous for EP’s as well particularly points number one and three
    Read more http://www.bodyguardcareers.com/2006...of-a-shooting/

How much did it cost you to get permission to reprint that Calibre Press/PoliceOne article? Especially with the removal of copyright.
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

I have read similar things at other places.

Whether you are an LEO, Security, or John Q Public just about all the advice is pertinant.

I wouldn't recommend as a CCW holder to talk to the ER nurses but yes to the attorney, the training records, etc.

Tell the LEOs responding just the needed details..."That guy tried to rob me with a gun and I shot him. His gun is there by my car. I think I need an ambulance too. I will give a statement after I am checked out and talk to my attorney." Then let the attorney inform the PD when you will be in.

Don't say " I shot 3 or 4 times and he fired 2" as you probably fired off all your rounds. (This happens to many LEOs and they thought they only fired off a couple.)

Comment

"I fired about two or three times."

"Deputy, how many full magazines do you have?"

*checks*

"Oh, wow."

Answer: 1.
        Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
          How much did it cost you to get permission to reprint that Calibre Press/PoliceOne article? Especially with the removal of copyright.
          We did not remove or change anything from this article. We got the article from The Warrior World group on myspace
          http://forum.myspace.com/index.cfm?f...D4352F28851783

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
          Working...
          X