What training do you have ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea.

Yea, careful here I may misspell some things, I am going to be taking ukujutsu soon...this style consists of combinations of karate, taekwon do, shoulin kung fu, tai chi, samurai swordsmanship( which that part I just like for personal reasons don't see samurai sword usage ever being needed in security just think its cool) ninjitsu, jujitsu and few other styles I can't remember off hand...I would also like to take some other defensive courses too.

Comment

Originally posted by james2go30
      Yea, careful here I may misspell some things, I am going to be taking ukujutsu soon...this style consists of combinations of karate, taekwon do, shoulin kung fu, tai chi, samurai swordsmanship( which that part I just like for personal reasons don't see samurai sword usage ever being needed in security just think its cool) ninjitsu, jujitsu and few other styles I can't remember off hand...I would also like to take some other defensive courses too.
      I recommend before adopting training at any particular martial arts school that you look at the actual training done in the school and make a determination of whether or not the training is practical for your needs or even realistic at all. Much of the martial arts, I would say up to 90% of it, is done in such a way that ingrains a preconditioned response to a preconditioned attack and that can serve some benefit, but can prove to be detrimental when faced with a real situation. Practicing too many techniques at a time will instill knowledge, but not necessarily ability. In many cases, less is actually more.
      Most American schools lack the proper amount of physical participation, but some are abundant with it. Also, evaluate the instructors' competency and moral character. Like with any other service, let the buyer beware.
      "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Comment

I just found out today that on 2/10 my boss will finally be training us in the use of the asp baton.
        Now lets see if they actually issue it to us!!!

Comment

Sectrainer....
          All security officers and crowd controller must have Certificate II in Security Operations and a First Aid Certificate here in the Northen Territory (Australia)
          Course entails
          PRS20103: Certificate II in Security Operations
          Core (PRS20103 7 units)
          Code Name
          PRSSO201A Communicate effectively in the security industry
          PRSSO202A Maintain workplace safety
          PRSSO203A Work effectively in the security industry
          PRSSO204A Work as part of a team
          PRSSO205A Provide security services to customer
          PRSSO206A Provide first aid
          PRSSO207A Respond to security risk situation

Most of this course though is not relevant to my area of work, being a S/O at the local hospital. We have been pushing for batons and handcuffs but so far to no avail. Recently some of us have been requesting the need for advanced First Aid and Resusitation primarily due to the level of work that we preform in the workplace.
          Also there has been a rumor of all S/O and C/C to all be upgraded to Certificate III but I think that will be some time into the future since there are NO training organisations here to teach it.

http://www.ntis.gov.au/Default.aspx?...gpackage/PRS03
          This site has all of the security courses which are applicible for security in Australia

Comment

Well I passed baton training. Like I thought we are not being issued them. Command staff just training us to satisfy a level 3 greivance. Looks like were gonna have to file another one to get them, and the spray that they trained us in and still haven't given us

Comment

Originally posted by Squidly
              Also there has been a rumor of all S/O and C/C to all be upgraded to Certificate III but I think that will be some time into the future since there are NO training organisations here to teach it.
              Squidly - I think that the International College for Advanced Education (ICAE) in Darwin (Suite 9, 24 Cavenagh Street) might handle Certificate III in Security Operations.

Phone is 08 8941 5959.

Here's their website: IAEC

If you scroll down the page, you'll see they list Cert III in Sec Ops as one of their offerings, anyway.

Good luck!
              "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

Exactly!

Originally posted by Marchetti, David, M
                The real martial artist generally has no comment and he's the unimpressive fellow standing in the corner silently, he's the fellow you would be smart to be scared of.
                I cannot begin to say how true this is. Being a skilled Martial Artist isn't about being fast or strong or knowing a thousand ultra-deadly techniques. It's about self control, maintaining a calm mind, and realizing that your options are usually far greater in number than you realize when you become fixated on applying violent, physical solutions.

Comment

It's really quite simple.

All I really want to say on this subject is that when chosing a training program, make sure that the mind takes priority over the body.

That is to say, beware any training course that teaches physical technique without paying a greater degree of attention to the psychology of the situation.

Comment

Ppct

I have been trained in h2h combat through the corps, my pc832 classes, and ppct through my Extradition company. PPCT can be a very effective tool if you are properly trained and practice it. The subject MUST be able to comprehend pain, and some techniques may work on one person but not the other. I prefer the manidibular or the Orbital.
                    Todd

Comment

Originally posted by tlangsr
                      I have been trained in h2h combat through the corps, my pc832 classes, and ppct through my Extradition company. PPCT can be a very effective tool if you are properly trained and practice it. The subject MUST be able to comprehend pain, and some techniques may work on one person but not the other. I prefer the manidibular or the Orbital.
                      From my own personal experience (USMC) nothing beats an etool for hand to hand combat.

Semper Fi
                      Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
                      Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

PPCT could be dangerous.

Originally posted by tlangsr
                        Nothing wrong with pressure point control, of course. However, I personally don't like teaching it as a core component of any self defense course. PPCT (and assorted pain compliance techniques) are better suited to showing the potentially violent subject that he's better off not escalating the situation any further.

The issue being, as you pointed out, what may work well against one person may not be at all effective against another, and when you're facing an actual violent aggressor, time is not on your side. There is not time for you to figure out which pressure points are going to work or not; you have to eliminate the threat immediately. No hesitation, no thought, and certainly no experimentation with pressure points.

Of course, this may be what you were trying to say in the first place.

Comment

Usmc

Originally posted by Security Consultant
                          From my own personal experience (USMC) nothing beats an etool for hand to hand combat.

Semper Fi
                          Luckily I never had to worry bout that, with my fire power the enemy would've never gotten close.
                          Todd

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X