X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Job Alert
    • Aug 2006

Protective Security Conference 2007

Just saw this posted on a YahooGroups list:

Looks like a very interesting conference and networking opportunity.
  • N. A. Corbier
    • Aug 2005

So, has anyone heard of this before? The fact its built on a free website company, plus the fact that Cygnus Public Safety Group had a "conference" saying they sponsored them... And it was bogus...

Yeah.
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

• mike booth
      • Sep 2006

Well Varro Press is at least as legitimate as Paladin Press and some of the speakers are tops in their field. I note Bob Oatman, Dr. Richard Kobetz and Tony Scotti. They aren't scammers. Maybe they are being scammed?
      Booth

Comment

• N. A. Corbier
        • Aug 2005

If they're actually speaking there...

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

• mike booth
          • Sep 2006

Easy enough to find out.
          Booth

Comment

• mike booth
            • Sep 2006

Because Cygnus ran a scam using Varro's name, doesn't mean Varro is running a scam. Still it doesn't hurt to be cautious. Mr. Oatman just confirmed; "Mike: I am scheduled to give a presentation at the conference. Look forward to seeing you in 2007. Bob Oatman"
            Last edited by mike booth; 10-13-2006, 01:34 PM.
            Booth

Comment

• N. A. Corbier
              • Aug 2005

Originally posted by mike booth
              Because Cygnus ran a scam using Varro's name, doesn't mean Varro is running a scam. Still it doesn't hurt to be cautious. Mr. Oatman just confirmed; "Mike: I am scheduled to give a presentation at the conference. Look forward to seeing you in 2007. Bob Oatman"
              Just to clear that up. Nonononono...

Cygnus Public Safety was listed as a sponsor for some conference that used free web hosting. Cygnus Public Safety has never heard of the conference, and neither had the hotel. In other words, it was a scam.

Comment

• mike booth
                • Sep 2006

10/4. For what ever reason, it looks like Varro Press is using free web hosting. Not the best business strategy if you ask me, but the conference is legitimate, as far as that goes. It is a lot of money to spend for a couple of days of seminars and speakers. It looks more like it is geared to corporate decision makers who are looking at EP than working professionals.
                Booth

Comment

• N. A. Corbier
                  • Aug 2005

What was it again, $750 pre? That is definately administrator or "I've just made a couple hundred k off an Iraq deployment" level.

Comment

• hemi444
                    • Jan 2006

Anyone going to the LE/security expo in Pennsylvania next year?

Comment

• mike booth
                      • Sep 2006

Harrisburg is home, so yeah, if I can get away from work, but March is "the Season" in Palm Beach and getting away from work probably isn't possible. We'll see.
                      Booth

Comment

• Varro Press
                        • Dec 2006

Protective Security Conference

I just read the posts about Varro Press and the Protective Security Conference (PSC).

Varro Press has been in business since the late 1980's. We founded TREXPO and operated it until Bobit Business Media bought it in 2001.

We publish security and law enforcement books and have launched this new conference: the Protective Security Conference.

There seems to be some confusion about our url. "Buildasitefactory" is the website content application we use. Believe me, it's not free. We paid to have the site developed and pay every month for hosting. You can access our website directly at www.varropress.com. I am not trying to sell you anything in this post, merely clarify any misunderstandings about our company and our new conference.

The conference is legit. Contact any of the speakers if you doubt my word.

Varro has no connection with Cygnus today. Cygnus was a media sponsor for TREXPO. They have some good law enforcement magazines. I have no opinion about any of their expos or conferences as I have never attended one.

We do have a contract with the Tremont Plaza Hotel for the PSC. Call Amy O'Connell, Sales Manager to confirm this.

Any other questions, call me anytime. I'd be happy to talk with you.

Michael Nossaman
                        President
                        VARRO PRESS, INC
                        913-385-2034

Comment

• Mr. Security
                          • Sep 2005

That about wraps it.

Now that's what you call "getting it straight from the horse's mouth."
                          Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

• Special Investigator
                            • Oct 2006

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
                            The fact its built on a free website company, plus the fact that Cygnus Public Safety Group had a "conference" saying they sponsored them... And it was bogus...

Yeah.
                            My thoughts too....
                            "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

~~George Orwell.

Comment

• tlangsr
                              • Feb 2007

It kinda sucks that I never hear of any conferences coming to Cali.
                              Todd

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...